|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 29, what assumption does Poirot say he and Race made at the beginning of the investigation?
(a) That the murder was committed on the spur of the moment.
(b) That the murder was committed by someone who did not know Linnet.
(c) That the murder was carefully planned.
(d) That the murder was one of passion.
2. In chapter 18, why does Rosalie say she has forgotten how to be nice?
(a) The stress of hiding her mother's vice.
(b) Her mother's impending death makes her depressed.
(c) She was badly heartbroken.
(d) Her father's death had a profound toll on her.
3. In chapter 28, what does Cornelia say when she learns that Mr. Ferguson is really a high born man?
(a) She thinks he is playing games with everyone.
(b) She decides to rethink his proposal.
(c) She thinks he is crazy.
(d) She plans to avoid him in the future.
4. Which of the following is not part of the evidence Poirot feels points to the correct murderer in chapter 27?
(a) Mr. Pennington's gun.
(b) Mr. Richetti's large caliber pistol.
(c) The bottles of nail polish.
(d) The stained handkerchief.
5. In chapter 17, who claims that he heard a sound like a champagne cork popping, the possible sound of Jackie's shot in the salon?
(a) Mr. Richetti.
(b) Mr. Fanthrop.
(c) Mr. Allerton.
(d) Mr. Ferguson.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 31, what weapon does the killer of Simon Doyle use?
2. In chapter 20, what does Poirot say he is experiencing trouble with?
3. In chapter 28, for what reason does Poirot give Race for why he has not admitted that he already knows who the real killer is?
4. In chapter 18, does Mr. Pennington know who might have a grudge against Linnet on the ship?
5. In chapter 24, what danger does Miss Bowers suggest Simon Doyle faces if he does not reach a hospital soon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is missing in chapter 22? Where is she found?
2. In chapter 28, what does Cornelia learn about her aunt that upsets her? Why?
3. In chapter 24, which passengers are immediate suspects in the death of Mrs. Otterbourne? Why?
4. In chapter 17, Miss Otterbourne refutes everything that Miss van Schuyler said about her in a previous chapter. Could Miss van Schuyler be lying? For what purpose?
5. In chapter 31, who does Cornelia announce she plans to marry? For what reason?
6. In chapter 25, how does Cornelia react to the proposal of Mr. Ferguson? Why does Miss van Schuyler at first refuse to consider Mr. Ferguson as a suitor for her niece, but later thinks differently?
7. In chapter 27, with what does Poirot confront Tim Allerton?
8. In chapter 19, what does Miss Otterbourne finally admit to Poirot? Why does Poirot think that Miss Otterbourne is continuing to lie to him?
9. In chapter 26, why does Poirot accuse Mr. Fanthrop of lying about his true identity? What reason does Mr. Fanthrop give for being on the cruise ship?
10. In chapter 21, where does Miss Bowers claim she got the pearls? Why did she not come forward sooner?
This section contains 1,240 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)