|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 29, who does Poirot say killed Linnet's maid and Mrs. Otterbourne?
(a) Simon Doyle.
(b) Cornelia Robson.
(c) Mr. Pennington.
(d) Jackie de Bellefort.
2. In chapter 24, who does Poirot see walking toward the scene of the most recent shooting?
(a) Mr. Pennington.
(b) Tim Allerton.
(c) Mr. Richetti.
(d) Mr. Fanthrop.
3. In chapter 30, who does Jackie says came up with the plan to kill Linnet originally?
(a) She did.
(b) Simon did.
(c) No one, it was just an act of opportunity.
(d) Both she and Simon came up with it together.
4. In chapter 24, who becomes openly upset about Simon Doyle's condition?
5. In chapter 25, how does Poirot suggest the killer got away so quickly after the third shooting?
(a) He or she jumped over the railing to the deck below.
(b) He or she slipped into a nearby cabin.
(c) He or she hid in a nearby service room.
(d) He or she pretended to be part of the curious crowd that gathered.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 29, what does Poirot suggest was the contents of one of Linnet Doyle's nail polish bottles?
2. In chapter 25, who takes charge over Miss Otterbourne?
3. In chapter 20, who are Race and Poirot told wants to speak with them?
4. In chapter 22, in whose cabin do Race and Poirot find a gun?
5. In chapter 26, what is it about Mr. Fanthrop's tie that Poirot thinks points to a certain level of behavior?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 23, what do Poirot and Race find while investigating the death of Linnet Doyle's maid?
2. In chapter 25, how does Cornelia react to the proposal of Mr. Ferguson? Why does Miss van Schuyler at first refuse to consider Mr. Ferguson as a suitor for her niece, but later thinks differently?
3. In chapter 24, why is Mrs. Otterbourne killed?
4. In chapter 25, how does Pennington respond when Poirot and Race confront him about the use of his gun in the murder of Mrs. Otterbourne?
5. In chapter 30, how does Jackie claim that Simon Doyle felt about Linnet from the moment they met?
6. In chapter 17, what is the attitude of Mr. Ferguson when Poirot and Race interview him? What might this indicate?
7. In chapter 27, why does Poirot decide to allow Tim Allerton to go free even though he has essentially confessed to a crime?
8. In chapter 21, where does Miss Bowers claim she got the pearls? Why did she not come forward sooner?
9. In chapter 31, who does Cornelia announce she plans to marry? For what reason?
10. In chapter 19, what does Miss Otterbourne finally admit to Poirot? Why does Poirot think that Miss Otterbourne is continuing to lie to him?
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)