|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 30, why does Jackie claim Poirot has no evidence against her and Simon?
(a) She thinks they were too clever to leave evidence.
(b) She has since gotten rid of all the evidence.
(c) His evidence is mostly circumstantial.
(d) It would be his word against theirs.
2. In chapter 20, what is the main bit of gossip as the passengers gather for lunch?
(a) Simon's decision to forgive Jackie.
(b) Rosalie's lies to Poirot.
(c) Jackie de Bellefort.
(d) Linnet Doyle.
3. In chapter 29, who does Poirot suggest was drugged the night Linnet was murdered?
4. In chapter 26, what profession does Fanthrop admit to being a part of?
(b) The law.
(c) The medical.
(d) Law enforcement.
5. In chapter 31, what weapon does the killer of Simon Doyle use?
(a) Rosalie Otterbourne's pistol.
(b) Mr. Pennington's pistol.
(c) Mr. Richetti's pistol.
(d) A pearl handled pistol that matches the murder weapon in the Linnet Doyle case.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 18, what does Mr. Pennington claim to have heard the night Linnet was murdered?
2. In chapter 30, who does Jackie says came up with the plan to kill Linnet originally?
3. In chapter 19, what does Poirot suggest is Mrs. Otterbourne's hidden vice?
4. In chapter 21, for what reason does Poirot suggest no one heard the gunshot that took Linnet's life?
5. In chapter 28, for what reason does Poirot give Race for why he has not admitted that he already knows who the real killer is?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 24, Poirot and Race confront Mr. Pennington about his illegal dealings with Linnet Doyle's business interests. What does Mr. Pennington say in his own defense?
2. In chapter 26, why does Poirot accuse Mr. Fanthrop of lying about his true identity? What reason does Mr. Fanthrop give for being on the cruise ship?
3. Who is missing in chapter 22? Where is she found?
4. In chapter 20, why do Race and Poirot have all the passengers searched? What are they looking for?
5. In chapter 23, what do Poirot and Race find while investigating the death of Linnet Doyle's maid?
6. In chapter 25, how does Pennington respond when Poirot and Race confront him about the use of his gun in the murder of Mrs. Otterbourne?
7. In chapter 24, why is Mrs. Otterbourne killed?
8. In chapter 21, where does Miss Bowers claim she got the pearls? Why did she not come forward sooner?
9. In chapter 31, what happens when Jackie and Simon are escorted off of the cruise ship to be turned over to police custody?
10. In chapter 29, what does Poirot suggest was the motive for the murder of Linnet Doyle?
This section contains 1,205 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)