|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 18, how many of the passengers are Poirot and Race able to rule out in the murder of Linnet Doyle?
2. In chapter 23, how has Linnet's maid been murdered?
(c) Shot in the head.
(d) Stabbed with a knife.
3. In chapter 31, why does Poirot suggest to Race that Jackie became involved in the murder plot?
(a) She disliked Linnet from the very beginning.
(b) She was too greedy.
(c) She was manipulated by Simon.
(d) She loved Simon too much.
4. In chapter 23, what type of weapon does Poirot believe was used in the death of Linnet's maid?
(a) Someone's hands.
(b) A surgical knife.
(c) A large caliber gun.
(d) A rope around her neck.
5. In chapter 24, who bursts into Dr. Bessner's cabin and claims to know who the killer is?
(a) Miss van Schuyler.
(b) Mr. Pennington.
(c) Mrs. Allerton.
(d) Mrs. Otterbourne.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 17, who told some of the passengers that Linnet Doyle was one of the richest women in England?
2. In chapter 21, what ailment does Miss Bower's claim Miss van Schuyler suffers from?
3. In chapter 27, of whose murder does Poirot openly accuse Tim Allerton?
4. In chapter 26, why does Pennington say he had not motive to kill Linnet?
5. In chapter 18, does Mr. Pennington know who might have a grudge against Linnet on the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 18, Race and Poirot make a list of suspects and motives. What does Poirot say will eventually point them toward the murderer?
2. In chapter 27, why does Poirot decide to allow Tim Allerton to go free even though he has essentially confessed to a crime?
3. In chapter 19, who does Simon Doyle ask to see? For what reason?
4. In chapter 29, what does Poirot suggest was the motive for the murder of Linnet Doyle?
5. In chapter 26, why does Poirot accuse Mr. Fanthrop of lying about his true identity? What reason does Mr. Fanthrop give for being on the cruise ship?
6. In chapter 17, Miss Otterbourne refutes everything that Miss van Schuyler said about her in a previous chapter. Could Miss van Schuyler be lying? For what purpose?
7. In chapter 31, who does Cornelia announce she plans to marry? For what reason?
8. In chapter 24, Poirot and Race confront Mr. Pennington about his illegal dealings with Linnet Doyle's business interests. What does Mr. Pennington say in his own defense?
9. In chapter 20, who does Poirot and Race find has the pearls?
10. In chapter 25, how does Cornelia react to the proposal of Mr. Ferguson? Why does Miss van Schuyler at first refuse to consider Mr. Ferguson as a suitor for her niece, but later thinks differently?
This section contains 1,189 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)