|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Poirot tour Ez-Zebua in chapter 9?
(c) Mrs. Allerton.
(d) Mrs. Otterbourne.
2. Who compliments Linnet Doyle in chapter 9 for her behavior while signing documents for Mr.Pennington?
(a) Mrs. Otterbourne.
(b) Mr. Allerton.
(c) Mr. Fanthrop.
(d) Miss van Schuyler.
3. In chapter 10, with whom does Cornelia tour the sights?
(b) Dr. Bessner.
(c) Mr. Allerton.
(d) Mr. Ferguson.
4. Who does Poirot say in chapter 7 governs the affairs of life and death?
(c) The police.
5. For what reason does Mr. Pennington give for needing Linnet's signature on some documents in chapter 9?
(a) He wants to put her mind at ease.
(b) Her marriage changes the terms of her inheritance.
(c) She has been away from America for so long they are behind on such matters.
(d) He wants to get business out of the way while on vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Linnet Doyle claim has been following her while on her honeymoon?
2. Who does Dr. Bessner mention in chapter 14 might have had a grudge against Linnet Doyle?
3. What is Mr. Richetti's profession?
4. Who appears to be following Simon and Linnet Doyle in chapter 2?
5. Why does Jackie claim Simon fell in love with Linnet?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 14, Poirot and Race interview Simon Doyle about the death of his wife. Who does Simon immediately defend as the murderer? Who does Simon suggest might have committed the murder?
2. In chapter 5, what does Jackie tell Poirot about her relationship with Simon?
3. What does Linnet ask Poirot to do in regards to Jackie in chapter 4? What does Poirot tell Linnet he will do?
4. In chapter 15, what common thing do three of the passengers report hearing about the time of the murder? What does this cause Poirot to believe happened just after the murder?
5. How does Poirot react in chapter 8 when he sees Jackie on board the cruise ship?
6. In chapter 16, Race and Poirot interview Miss van Schuyler. Who does Miss van Schuyler claim she saw throwing something overboard the night of the murder? What does this imply about the person in question?
7. In chapter 6, who does Simon Doyle tell Poirot Mr. Pennington is? What is significant about Pennington's running into Linnet and Simon on their honeymoon?
8. In chapter 11, an old acquaintance of Poirot's boards the ship. Who is this person and why is he there?
9. In chapter 6, what advice does Poirot give to Simon Doyle about evading Jackie in the future?
10. What is the most significant thing about the character of Linnet Ridgeway as she is introduced in chapter 1?
This section contains 1,142 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)