|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what astronomical body does Jackie compare Linnet?
(a) A planet.
(b) The moon.
(c) The sun.
2. How does Simon Doyle respond when Poirot asks in chapter 6 if he is still in love with Jackie?
(a) Jackie will always be like a little sister to him.
(b) Jackie will always be his first love.
(c) Jackie no longer exists to him.
(d) He never loved Jackie in the first place.
3. Why does Jackie claim Simon fell in love with Linnet?
(a) She is wealthy.
(b) She is beautiful.
(c) She is glamorous.
(d) She is charming.
4. How many suspects do Poirot and Race identify in chapter 15?
5. Who appears to be following Simon and Linnet Doyle in chapter 2?
(a) Rosalie Otterbourne.
(b) Hercule Poirot.
(c) Jackie de Bellefort.
(d) Tim Allerton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hercule Poirot stay in chapter 3?
2. What does Mrs. Otterbourne insist on giving Poirot in chapter 3?
3. Why does Jackie pull a gun on Simon Doyle in chapter 12?
4. What does Poirot always drink at dinner that is distinct because he is the only one who drinks it at his table?
5. What word does Poirot ask to have defined in chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 12, why does Jackie insist that Cornelia remain in the salon long after Cornelia would have preferred to retire to her own room? What happens?
2. In chapter 15, what common thing do three of the passengers report hearing about the time of the murder? What does this cause Poirot to believe happened just after the murder?
3. In chapter 10, what happens to make Simon think that Jackie is trying to make an attempt on Linnet's life?
4. How does Poirot react in chapter 8 when he sees Jackie on board the cruise ship?
5. In chapter 13, who is Poirot's first suspect when he learns that Linnet Doyle has been killed?
6. In chapter 4, why does Linnet Doyle approach Poirot? What does she ask of him?
7. What is significant about the relationship between Tim and Joanna? Why does Tim make a point of telling Linnet about this relationship?
8. In chapter 12, how does Simon end up getting shot? How does he react to the person responsible?
9. In chapter 6, who does Simon Doyle tell Poirot Mr. Pennington is? What is significant about Pennington's running into Linnet and Simon on their honeymoon?
10. In chapter 16, what does the manager of the cruise ship show to Poirot? Where was it found?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)