|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jackie pull a gun on Simon Doyle in chapter 12?
(a) Her insulted her.
(b) She thinks she can force him to agree to a divorce at gunpoint.
(c) He attacked her.
(d) She promised to kill him rather than let another woman have him.
2. At what table does Mrs. Allerton note in chapter 7 Jackie de Bellefort has been placed?
(a) With herself and her son.
(b) With the Otterbournes.
(c) With the Doyles.
(d) With the van Schuyler party.
3. Who does Poirot overhear talking to one another at the end of chapter 9?
(a) Tim Allerton and Cornelia.
(b) Mr. Fanthrop and Cornelia.
(c) Tim Allerton and Rosalie Otterbourne.
(d) Mr. Fanthrop and Rosalie Otterbourne.
4. What kind of mood does Poirot note in chapter 10 Linnet Doyle has adopted?
(a) She is surly and depressed.
(b) She is energetic and falsely enthusiastic.
(c) She is still afraid of Jackie.
(d) She is happy.
5. What word does Poirot ask to have defined in chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Poirot encourage Jackie to do in chapter 5?
2. What alibi does Fleetwood offer in chapter 15?
3. What do Poirot and Mrs. Allerton think of Mr. Fanthrop in chapter 7?
4. What is Mr. Richetti's profession?
5. Who does Linnet Doyle claim has been following her while on her honeymoon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Otterbourne do for a living? How does Rosalie appear to feel about this occupation?
2. In chapter 16, what does the manager of the cruise ship show to Poirot? Where was it found?
3. What does Jackie show Poirot in chapter 5? What is significant about this item?
4. In chapter 11, what does Linnet accidentally read? How does the injured party react to Linnet's actions?
5. In chapter 9, what is odd about Mrs. Otterbourne's behavior?
6. What is significant about the relationship between Tim and Joanna? Why does Tim make a point of telling Linnet about this relationship?
7. In chapter 11, an old acquaintance of Poirot's boards the ship. Who is this person and why is he there?
8. In chapter 5, what does Jackie tell Poirot about her relationship with Simon?
9. In chapter 4, why does Linnet Doyle approach Poirot? What does she ask of him?
10. In chapter 2, what scene does Poirot witness between Linnet, Simon, and Jackie? What is significant about this scene?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)