|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose gun was found in the river by ship's personnel in chapter 16?
(a) Mr. Pennington's.
(b) Mr. Richetti's.
(c) Mr. Ferguson's.
2. What does Linnet Ridgeway hire Simon Doyle to do?
(b) Personal butler.
(c) Estate manager.
(d) Personal attorney.
3. How do the vacationers headed to the Second Cataract travel to meet their cruise ship?
(a) By train.
(b) By plane.
(c) By bus.
(d) By car.
4. What threat does Linnet Doyle claim has been made against her?
(b) A threat of theft.
(c) A murder threat.
(d) A threat of bodily harm.
5. Who does Cornelia tour the temple of Abu Simbel with?
(a) Mr. Ferguson.
(c) Miss van Schuyler.
(d) Dr. Bessner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Linnet Doyle change seats at dinner in chapter 3?
2. What advice did Poirot give to the Doyles in chapter 11 that he says they refused to take?
3. How does Simon Doyle respond when Poirot asks in chapter 6 if he is still in love with Jackie?
4. What is the Karnak?
5. Whom does Cornelia get to stay with Jackie in chapter 12 after the shooting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Linnet ask Poirot to do in regards to Jackie in chapter 4? What does Poirot tell Linnet he will do?
2. In chapter 5, what does Jackie tell Poirot about her relationship with Simon?
3. In chapter 2, what scene does Poirot witness between Linnet, Simon, and Jackie? What is significant about this scene?
4. What does Jackie show Poirot in chapter 5? What is significant about this item?
5. In chapter 9, Mr. Pennington attempts to have Linnet sign some legal papers for him? What does Linnet do that annoys Mr. Pennington? How does Simon say he would do things differently?
6. In chapter 6, who does Simon Doyle tell Poirot Mr. Pennington is? What is significant about Pennington's running into Linnet and Simon on their honeymoon?
7. In chapter 12, why does Jackie insist that Cornelia remain in the salon long after Cornelia would have preferred to retire to her own room? What happens?
8. In chapter 11, an old acquaintance of Poirot's boards the ship. Who is this person and why is he there?
9. In chapter 13, a letter j is found written in blood above Linnet's body. What does Poirot think the purpose of this was and to what does he compare it?
10. In chapter 10, who does Poirot speak to about Linnet? What does he learn?
This section contains 1,115 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)