|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Linnet mistake a telegram meant for Mr. Richetti as her own in chapter 11?
(a) A steward gave it to her.
(b) It was waiting in her room.
(c) She sees the R of his name and thinks it is for Ridgeway.
(d) She just assumed she was the only one who would recieve telegrams.
2. Who does Poirot learn in chapter 13 found the body of Linnet Doyle?
(b) The ship's manager.
(d) Her maid.
3. Who does Dr. Bessner mention in chapter 14 might have had a grudge against Linnet Doyle?
(a) Mr. Ferguson.
(b) Mr. Allerton.
(c) An engineer on the ship.
(d) Miss van Schuyler.
4. Who does Jackie suggest might have killed Linnet in chapter 14?
(a) Someone with a grudge against Linnet for her father's business dealings.
(b) Simon Doyle.
(c) The stranger who overheard her coversation with Poirot at Cataract Hotel.
5. For what reason does Mr. Pennington give for needing Linnet's signature on some documents in chapter 9?
(a) Her marriage changes the terms of her inheritance.
(b) She has been away from America for so long they are behind on such matters.
(c) He wants to get business out of the way while on vacation.
(d) He wants to put her mind at ease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the maid turn to Simon Doyle in chapter 14 for reassurance?
2. What does Mrs. Otterbourne insist on giving Poirot in chapter 3?
3. What did Miss van Schuyler lose in chapter 12 that becomes an issue in chapter 16?
4. What is Poirot doing when approached by another vacationer in chapter 4?
5. What reason does Simon suggest Jackie thinks he married Linnet?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 16, what does the manager of the cruise ship show to Poirot? Where was it found?
2. In chapter 4, why does Linnet Doyle approach Poirot? What does she ask of him?
3. In chapter 9, Mr. Pennington attempts to have Linnet sign some legal papers for him? What does Linnet do that annoys Mr. Pennington? How does Simon say he would do things differently?
4. In chapter 9, what is odd about Mrs. Otterbourne's behavior?
5. How does Tim Allerton respond to his mother's decision to invite Hercule Poirot to join them at their table at meal times?
6. Who does Poirot meet in chapter 7 when he goes to visit a museum on Elephantine Island?
7. In chapter 14, Poirot and Race interview Linnet's nurse. What is odd about her behavior? What does she reveal that Poirot and Race did not previously know?
8. What does Linnet ask Poirot to do in regards to Jackie in chapter 4? What does Poirot tell Linnet he will do?
9. In chapter 12, why does Jackie insist that Cornelia remain in the salon long after Cornelia would have preferred to retire to her own room? What happens?
10. In chapter 10, who does Poirot speak to about Linnet? What does he learn?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)