|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 25, why does Mr. Ferguson claim he would like to marry Cornelia Robson?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She has spirit.
(c) She would make strong, healthy babies.
(d) She would be a perfect royal's wife.
2. In chapter 27, of whose murder does Poirot openly accuse Tim Allerton?
(b) Simon Doyle.
(c) Mrs. Otterbourne.
(d) The maid.
3. In chapter 28, who does Race come to believe Mr. Richetti is?
(a) A foreign royal.
(b) A wanted forger.
(c) A known criminal.
(d) His agitator.
4. In chapter 22, what does Poirot find unusual about Mr. Tim Allerton's belongings?
(a) He has no books.
(b) He posseses a great many magazines.
(c) He posseses a large rosary.
(d) He has no correspondence at all.
5. In chapter 24, what danger does Miss Bowers suggest Simon Doyle faces if he does not reach a hospital soon?
(a) He will bleed to death.
(b) A permanent limp.
(c) An infection to the broken bone.
(d) Septicemia, blood poisoning.
6. For what reason does Mrs. Otterbourne suggest Miss Bowers might be Linnet's killer in chapter 17?
(a) She is socially repressed.
(b) She is sexually repressed.
(c) She is clearly in love with Simon Doyle.
(d) She is clearly envious of Linnet's money.
7. In chapter 19, what does Poirot suggest is Mrs. Otterbourne's hidden vice?
(a) She smokes.
(b) She overeats.
(c) She drinks.
(d) She takes drugs.
8. In chapter 31, what weapon does the killer of Simon Doyle use?
(a) Mr. Pennington's pistol.
(b) Rosalie Otterbourne's pistol.
(c) A pearl handled pistol that matches the murder weapon in the Linnet Doyle case.
(d) Mr. Richetti's pistol.
9. In chapter 21, who do Poirot and Race claim they would like to interview next?
(b) Tim Allerton.
10. In chapter 30, how does Jackie say Simon might have killed Linnet if she had not helped with the planning?
(b) A faked accident.
(c) Arsenic poisoning.
(d) A knife.
11. In chapter 25, what does Mr. Ferguson claim is wrong about the education Cornelia claims to be recieving?
(a) It focuses on the past and should focus on the future.
(b) It is not difficult enough.
(c) It focuses on men rather than women.
(d) It is too difficult for a woman.
12. In chapter 23, why does Poirot believe Linnet's maid has been murdered?
(a) She was blackmailing the killer.
(b) She was killed by a jealous lover.
(c) She was the killer and committed suicide out of guilt.
(d) She was killed because she stole from one of the passengers.
13. In chapter 31, why does Poirot suggest to Race that Jackie became involved in the murder plot?
(a) She disliked Linnet from the very beginning.
(b) She loved Simon too much.
(c) She was too greedy.
(d) She was manipulated by Simon.
14. In chapter 22, what do Race and Poirot find in Mr. Fanthrop's cabin?
(a) A large amount of correspondence.
(b) Cheap belongings.
(c) Expensive belongings, but no letters.
(d) A great deal of literature.
15. In chapter 17, what basic instinct does Mrs. Otterbourne attribute to most murders?
(a) The primitive instincts.
(b) The class instinct.
(c) The sexual instinct.
(d) The mothering instinct.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 28, who has helped explain kleptomania to Cornelia?
2. In chapter 23, how has Linnet's maid been murdered?
3. In chapter 20, to whom does Poirot whisper before he leaves the dining room?
4. In chapter 28, what does Cornelia say when she learns that Mr. Ferguson is really a high born man?
5. In chapter 29, what assumption does Poirot say he and Race made at the beginning of the investigation?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)