|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 22, in whose cabin do Race and Poirot find a gun?
2. In chapter 23, how has Linnet's maid been murdered?
(b) Stabbed with a knife.
(d) Shot in the head.
3. In chapter 29, who does Poirot suggest killed Linnet Doyle?
(a) Jackie de Bellefort.
(b) Mr. Pennington.
(c) Simon Doyle.
(d) Cornelia Robson.
4. In chapter 29, what assumption does Poirot say he and Race made at the beginning of the investigation?
(a) That the murder was carefully planned.
(b) That the murder was committed by someone who did not know Linnet.
(c) That the murder was committed on the spur of the moment.
(d) That the murder was one of passion.
5. For what reason does Mrs. Otterbourne suggest Miss Bowers might be Linnet's killer in chapter 17?
(a) She is sexually repressed.
(b) She is clearly envious of Linnet's money.
(c) She is clearly in love with Simon Doyle.
(d) She is socially repressed.
6. In chapter 18, what does Mr. Pennington claim to have heard the night Linnet was murdered?
(a) The commotion outside Dr. Bessner's cabin.
(b) A splash in the river.
(c) Someone running.
(d) A gunshot.
7. What does Race suggest in chapter 18 that he and Poirot should focus on next in their investigation.
(a) Arranging Linnet's funeral.
(b) The missing pearl necklace.
(c) Getting Simon to a hospital.
(d) Clearing Jackie's name.
8. In chapter 28, for what reason does Poirot give Race for why he has not admitted that he already knows who the real killer is?
(a) He is teasing Race.
(b) He is trying to tie up loose ends.
(c) He wants to be sure he is correct.
(d) He enjoys prolonging the investigation.
9. In chapter 20, what is the main bit of gossip as the passengers gather for lunch?
(a) Simon's decision to forgive Jackie.
(b) Rosalie's lies to Poirot.
(c) Jackie de Bellefort.
(d) Linnet Doyle.
10. In chapter 23, what does Poirot openly accuse Rosalie Otterbourne of lying about?
(a) Of seeing someone in Linnet's cabin the night of her murder.
(b) Of seeing who killed the maid.
(c) Of knowing who owns the knife that killed the maid.
(d) Of knowing where the pistol spotted in her bag is.
11. In chapter 20, to whom does Poirot whisper before he leaves the dining room?
(b) Mrs. Allerton.
(c) Cornelia Robson.
(d) Tim Allerton.
12. In chapter 30, how does Jackie say Simon might have killed Linnet if she had not helped with the planning?
(a) Arsenic poisoning.
(b) A faked accident.
(d) A knife.
13. In chapter 29, how many bullets were used from the murder weapon?
14. In chapter 21, what ailment does Miss Bower's claim Miss van Schuyler suffers from?
(b) Memory loss.
(c) Heart palpatations.
15. In chapter 28, what does Cornelia say when she learns that Mr. Ferguson is really a high born man?
(a) She decides to rethink his proposal.
(b) She plans to avoid him in the future.
(c) She thinks he is playing games with everyone.
(d) She thinks he is crazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 28, who does Race come to believe Mr. Richetti is?
2. In chapter 18, why does Rosalie say she has forgotten how to be nice?
3. In chapter 23, how does Rosalie Otterbourne react when Poirot accuses her of having a gun in her handbag?
4. In chapter 21, who are Race and Poirot told took the pearls from Linnet Doyle's room?
5. In chapter 31, who shoots Simon Doyle a second time?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)