|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 27, of whose murder does Poirot openly accuse Tim Allerton?
(a) Mrs. Otterbourne.
(c) Simon Doyle.
(d) The maid.
2. In chapter 21, who are Race and Poirot told took the pearls from Linnet Doyle's room?
(a) Cornelia Robson.
(b) Mrs. Otterbourne.
(c) Mr. Tim Allerton.
(d) Miss van Schuyler.
3. In chapter 17, who told some of the passengers that Linnet Doyle was one of the richest women in England?
4. In chapter 29, who does Poirot suggest killed Linnet Doyle?
(a) Mr. Pennington.
(b) Cornelia Robson.
(c) Simon Doyle.
(d) Jackie de Bellefort.
5. In chapter 21, what ailment does Miss Bower's claim Miss van Schuyler suffers from?
(a) Heart palpatations.
(d) Memory loss.
6. In chapter 23, what does Poirot openly accuse Rosalie Otterbourne of lying about?
(a) Of seeing who killed the maid.
(b) Of seeing someone in Linnet's cabin the night of her murder.
(c) Of knowing who owns the knife that killed the maid.
(d) Of knowing where the pistol spotted in her bag is.
7. In chapter 25, what does Mr. Ferguson claim is wrong about the education Cornelia claims to be recieving?
(a) It is too difficult for a woman.
(b) It focuses on men rather than women.
(c) It focuses on the past and should focus on the future.
(d) It is not difficult enough.
8. Which of the following is not part of the evidence Poirot feels points to the correct murderer in chapter 27?
(a) The bottles of nail polish.
(b) Mr. Pennington's gun.
(c) Mr. Richetti's large caliber pistol.
(d) The stained handkerchief.
9. In chapter 27, who does Poirot reveal that he has recently attempted to prove was involved in a jewelry theft?
(a) Mrs. Allerton.
(b) Joanna Southwood.
(c) Tim Allerton.
(d) Rosalie Otterbourne.
10. In chapter 25, why does Ferguson claim Cornelia had a motive to kill Linnet Ridgeway Doyle?
(a) Linnet's father caused the ruination of Cornelia's father.
(b) Linnet made fun of Cornelia for her appearance.
(c) Linnet stole a lover from Cornelia.
(d) Linnet's father fired Cornelia's father without cause.
11. In chapter 26, what is it about Mr. Fanthrop's tie that Poirot thinks points to a certain level of behavior?
(a) His tie is Old School, therefore Fanthrop should behave by a certain rule of behavior.
(b) The tie suggests membership in a special, secret society.
(c) The tie tells Poirot that Fanthrop grew up in a certain class of people.
(d) The tie suggests Fanthrop's profession is of a medical nature.
12. In chapter 22, for what reason does Race suggest Linnet might have worn fake pearls?
(a) She prefers the look of the fake pearls to the real ones.
(b) She could not afford the real ones.
(c) To protect the real ones from theft.
(d) To protect herself from attack.
13. In chapter 20, who are Race and Poirot told wants to speak with them?
(a) Rosalie Otterbourne.
(b) Miss Bowers.
(c) Mrs. Otterbourne.
(d) Cornelia Robson.
14. In chapter 24, who becomes openly upset about Simon Doyle's condition?
15. In chapter 17, what does Rosalie Otterbourne say could cause her accuser to be wrong about what she/he saw?
(a) He was looking through dirty eyeglasses.
(b) He was drunk.
(c) She was dreaming.
(d) She is half blind.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 29, who does Poirot say killed Linnet's maid and Mrs. Otterbourne?
2. In chapter 20, what do Poirot and Race discover their visitor has brought to them?
3. In chapter 28, what does Dr. Bessner reveal was the content of the telegram Linnet opened by accident?
4. In chapter 24, why do Poirot and Race go to speak to Simon Doyle?
5. In chapter 17, Rosalie Otterbourne outright denies accusations that she was threw something overboard the night before. Who made this accusation?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)