|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 10, what objects do most of the passengers leave their cruise ship to tour?
(b) An ancient tomb.
(c) A temple.
(d) Old statues.
2. Who rescues Linnet from the falling boulder in chapter 10?
(b) Simon Doyle.
(c) Tim Allerton.
(d) Mr. Pennington.
3. In chapter 7, what cousin of the Allerton's does Poirot learn is also a friend of Linnet Doyle's?
(a) Rosalie Otterbourne.
(b) Joanna Southwood.
(c) Colonel Race.
(d) Mr. Richetti.
4. What advice did Poirot give to the Doyles in chapter 11 that he says they refused to take?
(a) To leave the cruise ship.
(b) To go to the police about the fallen boulder.
(c) To remain in their cabin the rest of the voyage.
(d) To return to Linnet's estate at Wode Hall.
5. Who does Poirot overhear talking to one another at the end of chapter 9?
(a) Mr. Fanthrop and Cornelia.
(b) Tim Allerton and Rosalie Otterbourne.
(c) Mr. Fanthrop and Rosalie Otterbourne.
(d) Tim Allerton and Cornelia.
6. What does Poirot always drink at dinner that is distinct because he is the only one who drinks it at his table?
7. Where does Race hypothesize the murderer got the gun to kill Linnet Doyle?
(a) Jackie returned to the salon and reclaimed the gun.
(b) Jackie never dropped the gun in the first place.
(c) It is an exact duplicate of Jackie's gun.
(d) He stole it from the salon after Jackie dropped it.
8. How many suspects do Poirot and Race identify in chapter 15?
9. What item does Mrs. Otterbourne often wear that many passengers note throughout the novel, including in chapter 7?
(a) A turban.
(b) A sarong.
(c) A velvet stole.
(d) A veiled hat.
10. For what reason does Mr. Fanthrop suggest in chapter 13 that no one heard the shot in the salon that Jackie fired at Simon Doyle?
(a) There was no noise to hear. The gun had a silencer.
(b) Everyone was at the other end of the boat for a party.
(c) The windows were closed and the gun is small.
(d) There was loud music playing.
11. Who is Linnet Ridgeway?
(a) An English royal.
(b) A wealthy American.
(c) A French heiress.
(d) A Russian princess.
12. What is Poirot doing when approached by another vacationer in chapter 4?
(b) Listening to music.
13. What ship did Mr. Pennington supposedly sail on from New York to Egypt?
(a) The Karnak.
(b) The Queen Mary.
(c) The Southern Belle.
(d) The Carmanic.
14. Why does Linnet Doyle change seats at dinner in chapter 3?
(a) To sit further from her husband.
(b) To avoid Jackie de Bellefort.
(c) To sit closer to her husband.
(d) To avoid Rosalie Otterbourne.
15. Who does Poirot learn in chapter 13 found the body of Linnet Doyle?
(c) The ship's manager.
(d) Her maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what part of his body does Simon Doyle suffer a gunshot wound in chapter 12?
2. What do many of the vacationers notice about Rosalie Otterbourne's behavior early in the novel?
3. What reason does Simon suggest Jackie thinks he married Linnet?
4. Where does Poirot decide to spend the final two hours before lunch in chapter 7?
5. Who is coming off the ship in chapter 10 as Simon escorts his wife back on board?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)