|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linnet Ridgeway hire Simon Doyle to do?
(a) Personal butler.
(b) Personal attorney.
(c) Estate manager.
2. What did Miss van Schuyler lose in chapter 12 that becomes an issue in chapter 16?
(a) A fur hat.
(b) A fur stole.
(c) A fur coat.
(d) A fur scarf.
3. Where does Poirot decide to spend the final two hours before lunch in chapter 7?
(a) The hotel bar.
(c) Elephantine Island.
4. What does Poirot encourage Jackie to do in chapter 5?
(a) Look to the future instead of the past.
(b) Find a new man.
(c) Fight for her man.
(d) Take a cruise on the Nile.
5. Who does Linnet Doyle claim has been following her while on her honeymoon?
(a) Mr. Pennington.
(b) Tim Allerton.
(c) Jackie de Bellefort.
(d) Rosalie Otterbourne.
6. What reason does Simon suggest Jackie thinks he married Linnet?
(a) For her social standing.
(b) For her beauty.
(c) For her money.
(d) For her business contacts.
7. What about Mrs. Otterbourne seems to embarrass her daughter, Rosalie, in chapter 3?
(a) Her silent, rude behavior.
(b) Her open discussions on sex.
(c) Her overly friendly attitude toward Tim Allerton and Simon Doyle.
(d) Her apparent crush on Hercule Poirot.
8. On what part of his body does Simon Doyle suffer a gunshot wound in chapter 12?
(a) His belly.
(b) His leg.
(c) His head.
(d) His arm.
9. How many suspects do Poirot and Race identify in chapter 15?
10. Where does Hercule Poirot stay in chapter 3?
(a) Club Med.
(b) The Karnak.
(c) Cataract Hotel.
(d) Holiday Inn.
11. In chapter 7, who does Poirot overhear saying that they must go through with it now?
(a) Jackie de Bellefort.
(b) Rosalie Otterbourne.
(c) Tim Allerton.
(d) Simon Doyle.
12. What alibi does Fleetwood offer in chapter 15?
(a) He was working.
(b) He was with his girlfriend.
(c) He was off the ship.
(d) He was sleeping.
13. Why does Simon Doyle ask to speak with Poirot in chapter 6?
(a) To discuss the upcoming cruise on the Nile.
(b) To ask about Poirot's dealings with Jackie.
(c) To ask a favor for Linnet.
(d) To ask for advice on a gift for Linnet.
14. What ship did Mr. Pennington supposedly sail on from New York to Egypt?
(a) The Queen Mary.
(b) The Karnak.
(c) The Southern Belle.
(d) The Carmanic.
15. How does Linnet mistake a telegram meant for Mr. Richetti as her own in chapter 11?
(a) She sees the R of his name and thinks it is for Ridgeway.
(b) It was waiting in her room.
(c) She just assumed she was the only one who would recieve telegrams.
(d) A steward gave it to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Poirot say in chapter 7 governs the affairs of life and death?
2. What does Jackie claim to see while she is talking to Poirot in chapter 5?
3. For what reason does Mr. Fanthrop suggest in chapter 13 that no one heard the shot in the salon that Jackie fired at Simon Doyle?
4. Who overhears Jackie de Bellefort and Simon Doyle talking in a restaurant in chapter 1?
5. To what astronomical body does Jackie compare Linnet?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)