|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Poirot learn in chapter 13 found the body of Linnet Doyle?
(a) Her maid.
(c) The ship's manager.
2. Who does Poirot say in chapter 7 governs the affairs of life and death?
(c) The police.
3. What reason does Simon suggest Jackie thinks he married Linnet?
(a) For her social standing.
(b) For her money.
(c) For her business contacts.
(d) For her beauty.
4. Who does Jackie claim to admire in chapter 12?
5. To what astronomical body does Jackie compare Linnet?
(a) The moon.
(b) A planet.
(c) The sun.
6. Whose gun was found in the river by ship's personnel in chapter 16?
(a) Mr. Richetti's.
(c) Mr. Ferguson's.
(d) Mr. Pennington's.
7. Who compliments Linnet Doyle in chapter 9 for her behavior while signing documents for Mr.Pennington?
(a) Mr. Fanthrop.
(b) Mr. Allerton.
(c) Miss van Schuyler.
(d) Mrs. Otterbourne.
8. In chapter 16, what does Poirot claim does not make sense in the investigation?
(a) Why the killer murdered Linnet in the first place.
(b) Why the killer tried to silence the gun.
(c) Why the killer threw the gun overboard when trying to frame Jackie.
(d) Why Jackie's gun was used in the murder.
9. What does Poirot encourage Jackie to do in chapter 5?
(a) Fight for her man.
(b) Find a new man.
(c) Look to the future instead of the past.
(d) Take a cruise on the Nile.
10. Who is coming off the ship in chapter 10 as Simon escorts his wife back on board?
(a) Miss van Schuyler.
(b) Mrs. Otterbourne.
(c) Jackie de Bellefort.
(d) Rosalie Otterbourne.
11. What about Mrs. Otterbourne seems to embarrass her daughter, Rosalie, in chapter 3?
(a) Her overly friendly attitude toward Tim Allerton and Simon Doyle.
(b) Her open discussions on sex.
(c) Her apparent crush on Hercule Poirot.
(d) Her silent, rude behavior.
12. How was Linnet Doyle killed?
(a) A single shot to the chest.
(b) Multiple knife wounds to her body.
(c) A single shot to the head.
(d) A knife to the heart.
13. In chapter 13, how bad does Dr. Bessner say Simon Doyle's gunshot wound is?
(a) It is only a flesh wound.
(b) It is a shallow wound, but the bullet caused an infection.
(c) He has broken the bone.
(d) It is a life threatening wound because of the closeness to a major artery.
14. How many suspects do Poirot and Race identify in chapter 15?
15. Why does Jackie claim Simon fell in love with Linnet?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She is wealthy.
(c) She is charming.
(d) She is glamorous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is bigamy?
2. What did Miss van Schuyler lose in chapter 12 that becomes an issue in chapter 16?
3. Who informs Poirot in chapter 13 of Linnet Doyle's death?
4. Who overhears Jackie de Bellefort and Simon Doyle talking in a restaurant in chapter 1?
5. Who does Dr. Bessner mention in chapter 14 might have had a grudge against Linnet Doyle?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)