|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 22, for what reason does Race suggest Linnet might have worn fake pearls?
(a) She prefers the look of the fake pearls to the real ones.
(b) To protect the real ones from theft.
(c) She could not afford the real ones.
(d) To protect herself from attack.
2. In chapter 25, who takes charge over Miss Otterbourne?
(a) Cornelia Robson.
(b) Mrs. Allerton.
(c) Miss van Schuyler.
(d) Miss Bowers.
3. Where does Race hypothesize the murderer got the gun to kill Linnet Doyle?
(a) It is an exact duplicate of Jackie's gun.
(b) Jackie returned to the salon and reclaimed the gun.
(c) He stole it from the salon after Jackie dropped it.
(d) Jackie never dropped the gun in the first place.
4. What does Poirot refuse to do in Linnet's name, but agrees to do as a matter of courtesy?
(a) He will speak to Jackie.
(b) He will provide her with a gun.
(c) He will contact a lawyer for her.
(d) He will speak to a friend at Scotland Yard.
5. In chapter 23, how does Rosalie Otterbourne react when Poirot accuses her of having a gun in her handbag?
(a) She suggests that Poirot has lost his mind.
(b) She denies it and rushes off crying.
(c) She allows him to search the bag.
(d) She denies it, but does not allow him to see the bag.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Pennington say he missed a letter informing him of Linnet's marriage?
2. In chapter 17, Rosalie Otterbourne outright denies accusations that she was threw something overboard the night before. Who made this accusation?
3. Why does Poirot say he cannot stop Jackie from her plan to seek revenge against Linnet and Simon Doyle?
4. In chapter 7, who does Poirot overhear saying that they must go through with it now?
5. In chapter 25, why does Mr. Ferguson claim he would like to marry Cornelia Robson?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)