|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of mood does Poirot note in chapter 10 Linnet Doyle has adopted?
(a) She is surly and depressed.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is energetic and falsely enthusiastic.
(d) She is still afraid of Jackie.
2. In chapter 20, what do Poirot and Race discover their visitor has brought to them?
(a) A perfect match to the murder weapon.
(b) The murder weapon.
(c) Miss van Schuyler's missing stole.
(d) The pearl necklace.
3. In chapter 21, who are Race and Poirot told took the pearls from Linnet Doyle's room?
(a) Miss van Schuyler.
(b) Mr. Tim Allerton.
(c) Mrs. Otterbourne.
(d) Cornelia Robson.
4. What threat does Linnet Doyle claim has been made against her?
(a) A threat of theft.
(b) A threat of bodily harm.
(d) A murder threat.
5. What does Poirot refuse to do in Linnet's name, but agrees to do as a matter of courtesy?
(a) He will provide her with a gun.
(b) He will speak to a friend at Scotland Yard.
(c) He will contact a lawyer for her.
(d) He will speak to Jackie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the maid turn to Simon Doyle in chapter 14 for reassurance?
2. In chapter 10, what objects do most of the passengers leave their cruise ship to tour?
3. Whom does Cornelia get to stay with Jackie in chapter 12 after the shooting?
4. In chapter 7, who does Poirot overhear saying that they must go through with it now?
5. In chapter 19, what excuse does Jackie give Simon for shooting him?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)