|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what point of view is the novel written?
(a) Third person limited.
(b) Third person omniscient.
(c) First person.
(d) Second person.
2. Why does Jackie claim Simon fell in love with Linnet?
(a) She is glamorous.
(b) She is beautiful.
(c) She is charming.
(d) She is wealthy.
3. What does Jackie de Bellefort say to Poirot in chapter 11 after watching Simon and Linnet together?
(a) She should not have come aboard the ship.
(b) She no longer wants Simon and wishes Linnet luck.
(c) She regrets her affair with Simon.
(d) She should leave Linnet alone.
4. In chapter 10, what objects do most of the passengers leave their cruise ship to tour?
(a) A temple.
(c) An ancient tomb.
(d) Old statues.
5. For what reason does Mr. Fanthrop suggest in chapter 13 that no one heard the shot in the salon that Jackie fired at Simon Doyle?
(a) The windows were closed and the gun is small.
(b) There was loud music playing.
(c) Everyone was at the other end of the boat for a party.
(d) There was no noise to hear. The gun had a silencer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 7, which lady spends a few hours with Poirot?
2. What has Linnet Ridgeway recently purchased that has caused a great deal of gossip?
3. What about Mrs. Otterbourne seems to embarrass her daughter, Rosalie, in chapter 3?
4. Why does Poirot tell Jackie at the end of chapter 7 that he feels sorry for her?
5. What kind of mood does Poirot note in chapter 10 Linnet Doyle has adopted?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)