|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jackie pull a gun on Simon Doyle in chapter 12?
(a) She promised to kill him rather than let another woman have him.
(b) Her insulted her.
(c) She thinks she can force him to agree to a divorce at gunpoint.
(d) He attacked her.
2. What does Jackie de Bellefort say to Poirot in chapter 11 after watching Simon and Linnet together?
(a) She should not have come aboard the ship.
(b) She regrets her affair with Simon.
(c) She should leave Linnet alone.
(d) She no longer wants Simon and wishes Linnet luck.
3. What item does Mrs. Otterbourne often wear that many passengers note throughout the novel, including in chapter 7?
(a) A veiled hat.
(b) A velvet stole.
(c) A turban.
(d) A sarong.
4. Where did Colonel Race learn that his agitator would be on the cruise ship?
(a) From an accomplice of the agitator.
(b) From a police informant.
(c) From a coded letter.
(d) Police intuition.
5. In chapter 7, which lady spends a few hours with Poirot?
(a) Miss Otterbourne.
(b) Mrs. Otterbourne.
(c) Mrs. Doyle.
(d) Mrs. Allerton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jackie claim to see while she is talking to Poirot in chapter 5?
2. Why does Poirot refuse to accept a paying customer in chapter 4?
3. What does Poirot refuse to do in Linnet's name, but agrees to do as a matter of courtesy?
4. In what point of view is the novel written?
5. Why does Cornelia think Rosalie is so reserved?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)