|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Poirot decide to spend the final two hours before lunch in chapter 7?
(b) The hotel bar.
(d) Elephantine Island.
2. How does Linnet mistake a telegram meant for Mr. Richetti as her own in chapter 11?
(a) A steward gave it to her.
(b) It was waiting in her room.
(c) She just assumed she was the only one who would recieve telegrams.
(d) She sees the R of his name and thinks it is for Ridgeway.
3. Why does Linnet Doyle change seats at dinner in chapter 3?
(a) To avoid Jackie de Bellefort.
(b) To sit closer to her husband.
(c) To avoid Rosalie Otterbourne.
(d) To sit further from her husband.
4. Who overhears Jackie de Bellefort and Simon Doyle talking in a restaurant in chapter 1?
(a) Hercule Poirot.
(b) Joanna Southwood.
(c) Tim Allerton.
(d) Linnet Ridgeway.
5. What does Jackie de Bellefort say to Poirot in chapter 11 after watching Simon and Linnet together?
(a) She no longer wants Simon and wishes Linnet luck.
(b) She should leave Linnet alone.
(c) She should not have come aboard the ship.
(d) She regrets her affair with Simon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Allerton say she thought her son would enjoy sharing a table with Hercule Poirot aboard the cruise ship?
2. Why does Simon Doyle ask to speak with Poirot in chapter 6?
3. For what reason does Mr. Pennington give for needing Linnet's signature on some documents in chapter 9?
4. What kind of mood does Poirot note in chapter 10 Linnet Doyle has adopted?
5. How does Simon Doyle respond when Poirot asks in chapter 6 if he is still in love with Jackie?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)