|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Poirot refuse to do in Linnet's name, but agrees to do as a matter of courtesy?
(a) He will contact a lawyer for her.
(b) He will speak to a friend at Scotland Yard.
(c) He will speak to Jackie.
(d) He will provide her with a gun.
2. What does Mrs. Otterbourne insist on giving Poirot in chapter 3?
(a) A new magazine.
(b) A tip.
(c) One of her novels.
(d) A picture of herself.
3. What threat does Linnet Doyle claim has been made against her?
(a) A threat of theft.
(c) A threat of bodily harm.
(d) A murder threat.
4. What item does Mrs. Otterbourne often wear that many passengers note throughout the novel, including in chapter 7?
(a) A veiled hat.
(b) A sarong.
(c) A turban.
(d) A velvet stole.
5. Who does Linnet Doyle claim has been following her while on her honeymoon?
(a) Jackie de Bellefort.
(b) Tim Allerton.
(c) Rosalie Otterbourne.
(d) Mr. Pennington.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Simon suggest Jackie thinks he married Linnet?
2. What is Poirot doing when approached by another vacationer in chapter 4?
3. Why does Linnet Doyle change seats at dinner in chapter 3?
4. Who is Linnet Ridgeway?
5. What has Linnet Ridgeway recently purchased that has caused a great deal of gossip?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)