|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hercule Poirot stay in chapter 3?
(a) Club Med.
(b) Cataract Hotel.
(c) Holiday Inn.
(d) The Karnak.
2. Why does Linnet Doyle change seats at dinner in chapter 3?
(a) To avoid Rosalie Otterbourne.
(b) To sit further from her husband.
(c) To avoid Jackie de Bellefort.
(d) To sit closer to her husband.
3. What ship did Mr. Pennington supposedly sail on from New York to Egypt?
(a) The Southern Belle.
(b) The Karnak.
(c) The Queen Mary.
(d) The Carmanic.
4. What item does Mrs. Otterbourne often wear that many passengers note throughout the novel, including in chapter 7?
(a) A turban.
(b) A veiled hat.
(c) A velvet stole.
(d) A sarong.
5. What do many of the vacationers notice about Rosalie Otterbourne's behavior early in the novel?
(a) She is very unhappy.
(b) She is a simpleton.
(c) She is overly joyous.
(d) She is cruel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Poirot refuse to do in Linnet's name, but agrees to do as a matter of courtesy?
2. What is the Karnak?
3. How do the vacationers headed to the Second Cataract travel to meet their cruise ship?
4. Who does Linnet Doyle claim has been following her while on her honeymoon?
5. Where does Poirot decide to spend the final two hours before lunch in chapter 7?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)