|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jackie claim to see while she is talking to Poirot in chapter 5?
(a) Tim Allerton watching them.
(b) Linnet Doyle watching them.
(c) A stranger watching them and listening to their conversation.
(d) Simon Doyle watching them.
2. What does Mrs. Otterbourne insist on giving Poirot in chapter 3?
(a) A picture of herself.
(b) One of her novels.
(c) A tip.
(d) A new magazine.
3. Who does Linnet Doyle claim has been following her while on her honeymoon?
(a) Rosalie Otterbourne.
(b) Jackie de Bellefort.
(c) Tim Allerton.
(d) Mr. Pennington.
4. Why does Poirot refuse to accept a paying customer in chapter 4?
(a) He is on vacation.
(b) He is unqualified for the job.
(c) He is outside his jurisdiction.
(d) He dislikes the prospective customer.
5. What has Linnet Ridgeway recently purchased that has caused a great deal of gossip?
(a) A pearl necklace.
(b) Wode Hall.
(c) A new Picasso.
(d) A cruise ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Poirot say he cannot stop Jackie from her plan to seek revenge against Linnet and Simon Doyle?
2. What does Poirot encourage Jackie to do in chapter 5?
3. Who is Linnet Ridgeway?
4. Why does Poirot suggest that Linnet Doyle has put up with harassment on her honeymoon?
5. Where does Hercule Poirot stay in chapter 3?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)