|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what astronomical body does Jackie compare Linnet?
(a) The sun.
(b) The moon.
(d) A planet.
2. In what point of view is the novel written?
(a) First person.
(b) Third person limited.
(c) Second person.
(d) Third person omniscient.
3. What does Mrs. Otterbourne insist on giving Poirot in chapter 3?
(a) A picture of herself.
(b) A new magazine.
(c) One of her novels.
(d) A tip.
4. How do many of the other vacationers appear to know Hercule Poirot?
(a) He is a well-known novelist.
(b) He is a well-known detective.
(c) He is a wealthy man who often travels in such circles.
(d) He is a famous entertainer.
5. Why does Poirot say he cannot stop Jackie from her plan to seek revenge against Linnet and Simon Doyle?
(a) She is in the right and the Doyles are in the wrong.
(b) She has a right to her emotions.
(c) He has no jurisdiction in Egypt.
(d) She has done nothing illegal yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What threat does Linnet Doyle claim has been made against her?
2. Who appears to be following Simon and Linnet Doyle in chapter 2?
3. What has Linnet Ridgeway recently purchased that has caused a great deal of gossip?
4. What ship did Mr. Pennington supposedly sail on from New York to Egypt?
5. How does Simon Doyle respond when Poirot asks in chapter 6 if he is still in love with Jackie?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)