|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 16, what does Poirot claim does not make sense in the investigation?
(a) Why the killer threw the gun overboard when trying to frame Jackie.
(b) Why the killer tried to silence the gun.
(c) Why Jackie's gun was used in the murder.
(d) Why the killer murdered Linnet in the first place.
2. In chapter 25, who takes charge over Miss Otterbourne?
(a) Cornelia Robson.
(b) Miss van Schuyler.
(c) Mrs. Allerton.
(d) Miss Bowers.
3. How does Linnet mistake a telegram meant for Mr. Richetti as her own in chapter 11?
(a) She sees the R of his name and thinks it is for Ridgeway.
(b) It was waiting in her room.
(c) She just assumed she was the only one who would recieve telegrams.
(d) A steward gave it to her.
4. In chapter 23, what type of weapon does Poirot believe was used in the death of Linnet's maid?
(a) A rope around her neck.
(b) Someone's hands.
(c) A large caliber gun.
(d) A surgical knife.
5. What reason does Simon suggest Jackie thinks he married Linnet?
(a) For her social standing.
(b) For her money.
(c) For her beauty.
(d) For her business contacts.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 21, who do Poirot and Race claim they would like to interview next?
2. In chapter 20, what does Poirot say he is experiencing trouble with?
3. What did Miss van Schuyler lose in chapter 12 that becomes an issue in chapter 16?
4. In chapter 20, who are Race and Poirot told wants to speak with them?
5. For what reason does Mr. Fanthrop suggest in chapter 13 that no one heard the shot in the salon that Jackie fired at Simon Doyle?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)