|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 16, what does Poirot claim does not make sense in the investigation?
(a) Why the killer murdered Linnet in the first place.
(b) Why Jackie's gun was used in the murder.
(c) Why the killer tried to silence the gun.
(d) Why the killer threw the gun overboard when trying to frame Jackie.
2. In chapter 21, why do Poirot and Race decide to search the boat even though the pearls have been discovered?
(a) They think the theif has stolen other goods.
(b) They believe the killer has another weapon.
(c) They want to look for evidence in the murder.
(d) They want to prevent another murder.
3. In chapter 25, how does Poirot suggest the killer got away so quickly after the third shooting?
(a) He or she hid in a nearby service room.
(b) He or she slipped into a nearby cabin.
(c) He or she jumped over the railing to the deck below.
(d) He or she pretended to be part of the curious crowd that gathered.
4. What does Jackie de Bellefort say to Poirot in chapter 11 after watching Simon and Linnet together?
(a) She should leave Linnet alone.
(b) She should not have come aboard the ship.
(c) She no longer wants Simon and wishes Linnet luck.
(d) She regrets her affair with Simon.
5. For what reason does Mr. Fanthrop suggest in chapter 13 that no one heard the shot in the salon that Jackie fired at Simon Doyle?
(a) The windows were closed and the gun is small.
(b) There was no noise to hear. The gun had a silencer.
(c) Everyone was at the other end of the boat for a party.
(d) There was loud music playing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 5, where does Poirot tell Jackie he has seen her previously?
2. In chapter 25, why does Mr. Ferguson claim he would like to marry Cornelia Robson?
3. In chapter 20, what do Poirot and Race discover their visitor has brought to them?
4. What ship did Mr. Pennington supposedly sail on from New York to Egypt?
5. In chapter 21, who are Race and Poirot told took the pearls from Linnet Doyle's room?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)