|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 18, does Mr. Pennington know who might have a grudge against Linnet on the ship?
(a) Yes, Mr. Ferguson.
(b) Yes, Mr. Fanthrop.
(c) No, but he knows Windlesham is still angry with her.
2. What advice did Poirot give to the Doyles in chapter 11 that he says they refused to take?
(a) To remain in their cabin the rest of the voyage.
(b) To leave the cruise ship.
(c) To return to Linnet's estate at Wode Hall.
(d) To go to the police about the fallen boulder.
3. How does Linnet mistake a telegram meant for Mr. Richetti as her own in chapter 11?
(a) She just assumed she was the only one who would recieve telegrams.
(b) She sees the R of his name and thinks it is for Ridgeway.
(c) A steward gave it to her.
(d) It was waiting in her room.
4. What does Poirot encourage Jackie to do in chapter 5?
(a) Find a new man.
(b) Fight for her man.
(c) Take a cruise on the Nile.
(d) Look to the future instead of the past.
5. Who do Race and Poirot agree in chapter 15 they do not trust?
(a) Cornelia Robson.
(b) Rosalie Otterbourne.
(c) Simon Doyle.
(d) Linnet's maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many suspects do Poirot and Race identify in chapter 15?
2. In chapter 7, who does Poirot overhear saying that they must go through with it now?
3. In chapter 18, what does Mr. Pennington claim to have heard the night Linnet was murdered?
4. What item does Mrs. Otterbourne often wear that many passengers note throughout the novel, including in chapter 7?
5. Where does Mr. Pennington say in chapter 18 that Linnet was raised?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)