|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Brenda is walking home?
(a) She is singing.
(b) Her over-active imagination sees things.
(c) She is met by Dr. Kerrison.
(d) She is met by Doyle.
2. Why is Brenda's mother unhappy?
(a) That Dr. Lorrimer leaves her 1000 pounds.
(b) That Brenda's boyfriend thinks she was involved with Dr. Lorrimer.
(c) That Brenda wants to quit her job.
(d) That Brenda is still crying about finding Dr. Lorrimer's body.
3. According to Mr. Lorrimer, for what does his son live?
(b) His sister.
(d) His social activities in London.
4. What do the detectives do immediately?
(a) Start resusitation upon Stella.
(b) Call 911.
(c) Run after a figure they see in the gardens.
(d) Handcuff Domenica.
5. What does Howarth tell Brenda Pridmore when she arrives at work?
(a) That she will lose her job if she is late again.
(b) That she is to be promoted.
(c) That she is to work with Howarth for the day.
(d) That she is fired.
6. Who does Dalgliesh meet outside Mr. Lorrmier's home?
(a) Stella Mawson.
(b) Winifred Swaffield.
(c) Dr. Kerrison.
(d) Angela Foley.
7. About what does Howarth blame himself?
(a) For the rift between him and his kids.
(b) For Dr. Lorrimer's death.
(c) For allowing Domenica to become involved with Dr. Lorrimer.
(d) For not seeing how close to the edge Cliff is.
8. What time does Miss Williard know Dr. Kerrison is at home the night of the murder?
(a) She has no idea.
(b) 9 p.m.
(c) 7 p.m.
(d) She is unwilling to tell the detectives.
9. Who wants to see Dalgliesh after he is done at the Lorrimer house?
(a) Director Howarth.
(b) The cleaning lady at the lab.
(c) Dr. Lorrimer's solicitor.
(d) Dr. Kerrison.
10. Who sees Dr. Lorrimer dead but leaves the scene without telling anyone?
(a) Cliff Bradley.
(b) Domenica Schofield.
(c) No one.
(d) Director Howarth.
11. What accounting does Mawson give Dalgliesh?
(a) The whereabouts of Foley and Mawson.
(b) The money Dr. Lorrimer has that is Foley's.
(c) The money Dr. Lorrimer lent Foley.
(d) The whereabouts of Dr. Lorrimer on the night of his death.
12. What is Domenica's attitude towards the detectives?
(b) Very warm and friendly.
(c) Neither warm nor hostile.
(d) Completely hostile.
13. Who is Miss Williard?
(a) The town's librarian.
(b) The next-door neighbor of the Kerrisons.
(c) The Kerrison's housekeeper.
(d) The lab's librarian.
14. About what does the rector's wife talk non-stop?
(a) The fate of Dr. Lorrimer's mother.
(b) Dr. Lorrimer as a child.
(c) What the village believes happened to Dr. Lorrimer.
15. What does Doyle plan to do about his job?
(a) Ask for a promotion.
(b) He does not mention his job.
(c) Ask for a transfer.
(d) Resign it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mystery does Dalgliesh solve in the chapel?
2. What does Mr. Lorrimer remember about a conversation with a woman who calls earlier in the week?
3. When do Dalgliesh and Massingham visit Dr. Kerrison?
4. How long has Mawson been dead?
5. What do the detectives immediately see upon opening the chapel door?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)