|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mr. Lorrimer, for what does his son live?
(a) His sister.
(d) His social activities in London.
2. Who does Brenda say was waiting for her in the new lab?
(a) Mr. Howarth.
(c) No one.
(d) The murderer.
3. What do the driver of the bus and conductor see?
(a) A young man standing inside the bus stop shelter.
(c) A woman standing inside the bus stop shelter.
(d) A woman with two young children standing inside the bus stop shelter.
4. What is Doyle doing in his car?
(a) He is not in his car.
(c) On a stake out.
(d) Having sex with a woman he picks up.
5. What happens when Brenda is walking home?
(a) She is met by Doyle.
(b) She is singing.
(c) She is met by Dr. Kerrison.
(d) Her over-active imagination sees things.
6. What is Domenica's attitude towards the detectives?
(a) Neither warm nor hostile.
(b) Completely hostile.
(c) Very warm and friendly.
7. What does Stella have that Angela wants her to give the detectives?
(a) A broken handle like the one from the mallet.
(b) A letter.
(c) A lab coat.
(d) A knife.
8. Where is Doyle parked the night of the murder of Lorrimer?
(a) At the lab.
(b) At the village concert.
(c) At home.
(d) At the Catholic church.
9. Of what does Mawson say Bradley probably reminds Dr. Lorrimer?
(b) Lorrimer's first boss.
(c) Lorrimer's father.
(d) Lorrimer's brother.
10. Who lives at Sprogg's Cottage?
(a) Dr. Kerrison and his family.
(b) Angela Foley and Stella Mawson.
(c) Director Howarth.
(d) Brenda Pridmore and her parents.
11. To what does Domenica admit?
(a) Being in the lab the night of the murder.
(b) An affair with Dr. Lorrimer.
(c) Being at the bus stop the night of the murder.
(d) Flirting with Dr. Lorrimer, but it never went further.
12. Who sees Dr. Lorrimer dead but leaves the scene without telling anyone?
(a) No one.
(b) Director Howarth.
(c) Cliff Bradley.
(d) Domenica Schofield.
13. What does Doyle plan to do about his job?
(a) Ask for a transfer.
(b) Ask for a promotion.
(c) Resign it.
(d) He does not mention his job.
14. Who does Dalgliesh meet outside Mr. Lorrmier's home?
(a) Angela Foley.
(b) Stella Mawson.
(c) Winifred Swaffield.
(d) Dr. Kerrison.
15. Why does Bradley ask for a brief interview with Dr. Lorrimer?
(a) To blackmail Dr. Lorrimer.
(b) To question Lorrimer about Bradley's evaluation.
(c) To invite Dr. Lorrimer to dinner.
(d) To tell Dr. Lorrimer that Domenica is telling stories about Lorrimer.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Howarth blame himself?
2. What does Dalgliesh believe about Stella's death?
3. Who is Miss Williard?
4. Why is Brenda's mother unhappy?
5. How does Domenica characterize Dr. Lorrimer?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)