|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anglela's seeming attitude towards Dr. Lorrimer?
(a) She thought he was aloof.
(b) She was afraid of him.
(c) She thought he was perfect.
(d) She thought he was stingy.
2. What does Brenda see in the chapel?
(a) Domenica hiding something.
(b) Stella Mawson's body hanging from a rope.
(c) Dr. Kerrison hitting Stella Mawson.
(d) Dr. Lorrimer's ghost.
3. Why is Mr. Bidwell interviewed?
(a) He heard an altercation between Dr. Lorrimer and William Kerrison.
(b) He witnessed a man climbing out of the bathroom window at the lab.
(c) He took a call and message for his wife.
(d) He may be the man standing inside the bus stop shelter.
4. How does Dr. Kerrison appear as he is answering Dalgliesh's questions?
5. How does Stella Mawson seem as Dalgliesh questions her?
(a) Congenial and open.
(b) Openly hostile.
(c) Veiled hostility.
6. What are Massingham and Dalgliesh doing when they hear chapel bells?
(a) In the lab office.
(b) In their hotel rooms near the chapel.
(c) Talking to Inspector Doyle at the police station.
(d) Sitting in a car talking about the case.
7. Who rummaged through the upstairs of Mr. Lorrimer's house earlier in the day?
(a) Mrs Swaffield.
(b) Angela Foley.
(c) Stella Mawson.
(d) Director Howarth.
8. Why does Angela Foley's grandmother not raise Angela?
(a) The grandmother was mentally incompetent.
(b) The grandmother dies just days after Angela's mother.
(c) The grandmother was too poor.
(d) The grandmother despised Angela's mother.
9. According to Mr. Lorrimer, for what does his son live?
(b) His sister.
(c) His social activities in London.
10. Where is Doyle parked the night of the murder of Lorrimer?
(a) At the Catholic church.
(b) At home.
(c) At the lab.
(d) At the village concert.
11. Why does Brenda decide to cut through the new lab construction site?
(a) Her tires are flat and she wants to get home quickly.
(b) She wants to see how the contruction is progressing.
(c) She wants to pick some flowers in the chapel garden.
(d) She decides not to cut through the site.
12. Who takes Brenda Pridmore home?
(a) Domenica Schofield.
(c) Massinghamd and Dalgliesh.
13. What is Domenica's attitude towards the detectives?
(a) Neither warm nor hostile.
(c) Completely hostile.
(d) Very warm and friendly.
14. Why is Brenda's mother unhappy?
(a) That Dr. Lorrimer leaves her 1000 pounds.
(b) That Brenda's boyfriend thinks she was involved with Dr. Lorrimer.
(c) That Brenda wants to quit her job.
(d) That Brenda is still crying about finding Dr. Lorrimer's body.
15. Whose vomit is in the lab sink?
(a) Dr. Lorrimer.
(b) Dr. Kerrison.
(c) Cliff Bradley.
(d) Mrs. Bidwell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives at Sprogg's Cottage?
2. What does Angela do when she learns of Stella's death?
3. About what does Howarth blame himself?
4. What do the detectives hear moaning?
5. What happens when Brenda is walking home?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)