|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three: An Experimetal Man, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is lying open on the table?
(b) Lorrimer's notebook.
(c) A tube of acid.
(d) A staining solution.
2. To what does Domenica admit?
(a) Being in the lab the night of the murder.
(b) Being at the bus stop the night of the murder.
(c) An affair with Dr. Lorrimer.
(d) Flirting with Dr. Lorrimer, but it never went further.
3. What happens two months prior to Dr. Lorrimer's death?
(a) His affair with Domenica ends.
(b) He ends an affair with Brenda Pridmore.
(c) It is when Domenica flirts with Dr. Lorrimer to unsuccessfully seduce him.
(d) He travels to Ireland with Domenica.
4. Why does Director Howarth know Dr. Lorrimer looked at a book on Howarth's desk?
(a) He is not sure if Dr. Lorrimer looked at it.
(b) The book was on the table when it had been on the desk.
(c) It was put back on the shelf.
(d) It was open to a different page than the one to which Howarth had it turned.
5. How do most of the staff seem to respond to Dr. Lorrimer's murder?
(a) They are quite distraught.
(b) They seem jubilant.
(c) They are horrified.
(d) They seem unaffected.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cliff Bradley ask Middlemass?
2. What does Mrs. Bidwell tell Dalgliesh about the lab coat?
3. Who from Scotland Yard is assigned to come to Chevisham to investigate a murder?
4. Who is entering the lab as Dr. Lorrimer is being removed?
5. What does Middlemass do to Dr. Lorrimer?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)