|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Catalina lives in:
2. Gonzalo Bernal is:
3. How many big generals are there:
4. The owner's agent had planned to remove:
5. In the ambulance, Artemio thinks:
Short Essay Questions
1. When Zagal and his troops arrive at Perales, what does Zagal say to Cruz?
2. What does Artemio think about his will?
3. What does Teresa accuse Artemio of in a discussion with Catalina?
4. What does Laura tell Artemio of their relationship?
5. Who is Lilia?
6. Why are Miguel and Lorenzo upset about the four generals?
7. What happened to Isabel?
8. What happens to Pedrito before Luncero can be removed?
9. Miguel and Lorenzo meet Lola, Maria and Nuri in the streets and the group joins forces. What are their plans?
10. What is the cause that Lorenzo left to fight in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay discussing the structure of the novel. In addition to the overall structure, also comment on the structure of each chapter. Does the fact that the chapters are not in chronological order cause confusion?
Essay Topic 2
What are your overall impressions of the novel? Did you like it? Why or why not? Did you like Fuentes' style of writing and the structure of the novel? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What role did Artemio play in the Mexican Revolution? In what way did his beliefs carry over into his business practices? Why would he be popular with the peasants?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)