|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When talking to Catalina, Teresa asks if:
2. Artemio feels that Lilia could never understand:
3. The man does not tell Lilia that:
4. When Artemio wakes up in his bed, he is:
5. The man meets Lilia:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Regina different than the other women in his life?
2. Why are Miguel and Lorenzo upset about the four generals?
3. There are excerpts from the various conversations taking place at the party. What two people are many of the guests talking about?
4. What happens to Pedrito before Luncero can be removed?
5. Who is Lilia?
6. What does Artemio think about his will?
7. What does Catalina want?
8. What is the cause that Lorenzo left to fight in?
9. How does Artemio handle Zagal's offer?
10. Miguel and Lorenzo meet Lola, Maria and Nuri in the streets and the group joins forces. What are their plans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are your overall impressions of the novel? Did you like it? Why or why not? Did you like Fuentes' style of writing and the structure of the novel? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Artemio understand what his son meant when he said he was leaving Mexico to fight for a cause? Why didn't he try to stop him? He knows that fighting in Spain could cost him his life. Would Artemio have felt comfortable with himself if he had tried to prevent his son from leaving?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss your impressions of the character of Teresa? Does she care about her father? Is she money-hungry? Why does she keep saying that Artemio is pretending?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)