|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Artemio keep thinking of?
2. The new master is:
3. When the ballroom clock struck three times, Artemio:
4. They move through the streets after the bombing and meet:
5. Lorenzo tells Lola about:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Artemio's mother?
2. What is the cause that Lorenzo left to fight in?
3. What is learned in the chapter about Ctalina and Artemio?
4. There are excerpts from the various conversations taking place at the party. What two people are many of the guests talking about?
5. What does Teresa accuse Artemio of in a discussion with Catalina?
6. Why do they ask Cruz if he can make canoes?
7. What does Catalina want?
8. What happens to Pedrito before Luncero can be removed?
9. Lilia and the man do not have much conversation. What indications is there of who the man is?
10. What does Artemio think about his will?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Was Artemio Cruz a happy man in your opinion? Why or why not? Did money and wealth make him happy? What was he looking for?
Essay Topic 2
Many of the scenes with Catalina and Teresa focus on Artemio's will. Why does Artemio at first refuse to tell them where the will is? Why is he angry at them? What does he think about them?
Essay Topic 3
The end of each chapter dealt with Artemio lying in bed sick and thinking. Explain how he gradually came to accept his death. Do you think he gave up on living? Why or why not?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)