|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lorenzo tells Lola about:
2. The man does not tell Lilia that:
3. At the beginning of the chapter, Cruz, a captain in Carranza's army, is:
4. Who does Artemio call for while lying in his bed?
5. Artemio is at the apartment of:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Artemio's mother?
2. What is the cause that Lorenzo left to fight in?
3. What happens to Pedrito before Luncero can be removed?
4. What does Catalina want?
5. What does Laura tell Artemio of their relationship?
6. What is Artemio thinking at the end of the chapter?
7. What does Artemio think about his will?
8. What happened to Isabel?
9. Who is Lilia?
10. Why do they ask Cruz if he can make canoes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When people regain consciousness, they appear confused as it takes some time for them to gain their bearings. Explain how Fuentes achieves this with Cruz. Does this convey the experience to the reader? Is there a better way in which to convey this experience? If so, what?
Essay Topic 2
What is the purpose of Padilla and the tape recorder? Is this an effective way of telling a story? Why did Padilla irritate Teresa so much?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Artemio understand what his son meant when he said he was leaving Mexico to fight for a cause? Why didn't he try to stop him? He knows that fighting in Spain could cost him his life. Would Artemio have felt comfortable with himself if he had tried to prevent his son from leaving?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)