|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cruz ask Padilla for?
2. Who does Artemio feel deserves a good part of his estate?
3. What didn't Cruz notice that morning when he dressed?
4. Catalina and Don Gamaliel had agreed that:
5. Don Gamaliel shares with Artemio his list of:
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Artemio accepted the nomination for the national congress and made his acceptance speech?
2. Teresa and Catalina are still concerned about the will. What does Artemio say when Teresa ask about the will?
3. What was the threat that Don Gamaliel faced from his peasants?
4. Why do the Americans need Artemio?
5. What does Artemio do after the business meeting?
6. Why does Artemio Cruz pay a visit to Father Paez?
7. When Cruz wakes up, who does he ask for?
8. Who does Cruz see when he first opens his eyes?
9. What is Artemio worried about?
10. What does Catalina tell Artemio about what happened before they were married?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is it that Artemio is searching for throughout his life? Why does he keep having relationships with different women? What do you attribute this to?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Artemio understand what his son meant when he said he was leaving Mexico to fight for a cause? Why didn't he try to stop him? He knows that fighting in Spain could cost him his life. Would Artemio have felt comfortable with himself if he had tried to prevent his son from leaving?
Essay Topic 3
Consider the different aspects of Artemio's life - Regina, Gonzalo Bernal, his relationship with Catalina, etc. Do you think Artemio was motivated by guilt? Why or why not? How did this affect his relationship with Catalina?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)