|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Catalina is:
2. Don Gamaliel's debtors:
3. In what way does the President indicate that he is aware of what happened at Saturno's?
4. After Gonzalo's death:
5. Catalina asks Cruz if he:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the chauffeur think while sitting in traffic?
2. How does Major Gavilan feel that Cruz will be received by the general?
3. What is the first thing that Cruz is aware of as he wakes up?
4. What impression does the reader have of Mr. Cruz's financial position?
5. Why is Catalina upset with Artemio?
6. What happens during Cruz's meeting with the President?
7. Who does Cruz see when he first opens his eyes?
8. Teresa and Catalina are still concerned about the will. What does Artemio say when Teresa ask about the will?
9. What happens when Artemio accepted the nomination for the national congress and made his acceptance speech?
10. Why does the police commander have Cruz brought to Saturno's?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay discussing the structure of the novel. In addition to the overall structure, also comment on the structure of each chapter. Does the fact that the chapters are not in chronological order cause confusion?
Essay Topic 2
What is the purpose of Padilla and the tape recorder? Is this an effective way of telling a story? Why did Padilla irritate Teresa so much?
Essay Topic 3
Many of the scenes with Catalina and Teresa focus on Artemio's will. Why does Artemio at first refuse to tell them where the will is? Why is he angry at them? What does he think about them?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)