|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While at the house of Bernal, Artemio meets:
2. The plane flight Cruz thinks of is to:
3. At this time Artemio Cruz is a:
4. After leaving the dress shop, the women purchase:
5. What do Catalina and Teresa find out about Artemio's will?
Short Essay Questions
1. What impression does the reader have of Mr. Cruz's financial position?
2. What is Cruz thinking while the police commander is playing Russian Roulette?
3. What happens when Artemio is at the dinner table with Don Gamaliel and Catalina?
4. How does Cruz think of yesterday?
5. Why does Artemio warn Regina about the federales?
6. How does Major Gavilan feel that Cruz will be received by the general?
7. What is the relationship between Gonzalo Bernal and Artemio Cruz?
8. What is the first thing that Cruz is aware of as he wakes up?
9. Why do the Americans need Artemio?
10. Why does Artemio Cruz pay a visit to Father Paez?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, Artemio thinks "We rode across the river, you died, I survived." Who is Artemio referring to? How did this affect him for the rest of his life?
Essay Topic 2
Explain what a cause is. What did this mean in the life of Artemio? What did it mean to Lorenzo? Why couldn't Teresa and Catalina understand what it meant?
Essay Topic 3
At the New Year's Eve party, Artemio looks at the lush furnishings of his residence. In what way do they give him pleasure? Why does he say that Lilia could never understand the kind of pleasure they gave him? Is he being materialistic?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)