|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Gamaliel owned land in:
(c) the valley of the Puebla
(d) Mexico City
2. All the profits from the cedar and mahogany forests would go to the:
(a) Mexican partner
(c) American partner
(d) European partners
3. After Gonzalo's death:
(a) Catalina was distanced from her father
(b) Don Gamaliel and Catalina grew closer together
(c) Don Gamaliel began to drink
(d) Catalina began to run around with different men
4. Major Gavilan tells Artemio that:
(a) they lost the battle
(b) he will be treated as a deserter
(c) the general will welcome him as a hero
(d) Regina is waiting for him
5. Catalina is:
(a) asking for a divorce
(b) separated from Artemio
(c) happy and content
(d) unhappily married
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they see when they return to Rio Hondo?
2. The two ladies are:
3. What does Cruz feel about the affection of Catalina?
4. Catalina and Don Gamaliel had agreed that:
5. While the women are walking they:
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Teresa and Catalina upset about in Artemio's hospital room?
2. What kinds of goods are the two women shopping for?
3. What is Artemio worried about?
4. Who is Regina?
5. What was the threat that Don Gamaliel faced from his peasants?
6. What is the first thing that Cruz is aware of as he wakes up?
7. Who does Cruz see when he first opens his eyes?
8. What is the relationship between Gonzalo Bernal and Artemio Cruz?
9. What does Catalina tell Artemio about what happened before they were married?
10. Why does the police commander have Cruz brought to Saturno's?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)