|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Cruz is waking up, he is aware of feeling:
(a) pain in his head
(b) a dull, tingling sensation
(c) pain in his arm
2. What does Cruz feel about the affection of Catalina?
(a) it is useless
(b) he wants to express his affection for her
(c) he appreciates it
(d) he wants her to love him
3. What does Cruz ask Padilla for?
(a) a glass of water
(b) a rosary
(c) the newspaper
(d) a tape recorder
4. Catalina is:
(a) happy and content
(b) separated from Artemio
(c) asking for a divorce
(d) unhappily married
5. When the revolutionaries charge, Cruz:
(b) stays behind
(c) is injured
Short Answer Questions
1. In a battle against the federales:
2. Artemio visits the Bernal house because:
3. Cruz lies there thinking about:
4. Who is Gerardo?
5. Who died in the Perales Prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Artemio go to visit Don Gamaliel?
2. Why do the Americans need Artemio?
3. What happens during Cruz's meeting with the President?
4. Teresa and Catalina are still concerned about the will. What does Artemio say when Teresa ask about the will?
5. What is the relationship between Gonzalo Bernal and Artemio Cruz?
6. What impression does the reader have of Mr. Cruz's financial position?
7. What does the chauffeur think while sitting in traffic?
8. What happens when Artemio accepted the nomination for the national congress and made his acceptance speech?
9. What do they find when they return to Rio Hondo?
10. How does Cruz think of yesterday?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)