|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the priest comes to Cruz, he says that he:
(a) wants to make his last confession
(b) is dying
(c) is in a lot of pain
(d) has survived
2. While walking to the restaurant, Padilla tells the man that he:
(a) is quitting
(b) is getting married
(c) wrote his thesis on Marxism
(d) wants to attend school
3. Don Gamaliel's debtors:
(a) have paid him fully
(b) don't want to pay him
(c) are suing him
(d) have threatened to kill him
4. Catalina asks Cruz if he:
(a) is in pain
(b) is feeling better
(c) wants anything
(d) wants to talk
5. The Russian Roulette incident took place at:
(a) the police station
(b) Saturno's whorehouse
(c) a bar
(d) Cruz's study
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Padilla play tapes?
2. Don Gamaliel shares with Artemio his list of:
3. What do they see when they return to Rio Hondo?
4. Who tries to show affection for Cruz by caressing him?
5. Cruz remembers business dealings where he made sure his people remained loyal by using:
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cruz think of yesterday?
2. What happens when Artemio accepted the nomination for the national congress and made his acceptance speech?
3. Who is Regina?
4. What does the chauffeur think while sitting in traffic?
5. What is the first thing that Cruz is aware of as he wakes up?
6. What are Teresa and Catalina upset about in Artemio's hospital room?
7. What do the girl and her mother talk about at the dress shop?
8. What is the subject of the business meeting between Artemio and the Americans?
9. Why does the police commander have Cruz brought to Saturno's?
10. Why does Artemio warn Regina about the federales?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)