|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Cruz's unit going?
(b) Mexico City
2. Who was Cruz's unit fighting?
(a) the calvary
(b) the bandits
(c) the federales
(d) the army
3. Don Gamaliel has many:
4. At lunch, the two women try to pronounce the name of:
(a) Betty Brable
(b) Marilyn Monroe
(c) Jane Powell
(d) Joan Crawford
5. At every town they entered, the General would do all but:
(a) distribute land to the peasants
(b) behead the land owners
(c) rescind loans
(d) institute an eight hour workday
Short Answer Questions
1. When the President asks what Cruz wants, he replies:
2. The next day Cruz meets with:
3. While walking to the restaurant, Padilla tells the man that he:
4. Why does Padilla play tapes?
5. The first think Cruz sees is:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Americans need Artemio?
2. Why does Don Gamaliel support a match between Artemio and Catalina?
3. What kinds of goods are the two women shopping for?
4. How does Cruz think of yesterday?
5. What are Teresa and Catalina upset about in Artemio's hospital room?
6. How does the book open?
7. Who does Cruz see when he first opens his eyes?
8. Teresa and Catalina are still concerned about the will. What does Artemio say when Teresa ask about the will?
9. What is the relationship between Gonzalo Bernal and Artemio Cruz?
10. What do the girl and her mother talk about at the dress shop?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)