|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Russian Roulette incident took place at:
(a) Saturno's whorehouse
(b) the police station
(c) a bar
(d) Cruz's study
2. Who does Mr. Cruz ask to see:
(a) the doctor
3. Artemio thinks of his condition as:
(a) bad circulation
(b) food poisoning
(c) a heart attack
(d) a stroke
4. Don Gamaliel has many:
5. Fuentes' style in the Prologue is to:
(a) use the present tense only
(b) mix the past and future terms
(c) mix the preasent and future tense
(d) use the past tense only
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Artemio feel deserves a good part of his estate?
2. What historic event is taking place at this time?
3. How much does the man want for securing the concession?
4. Artemio describes his wife and daughter as:
5. As Artemio moves around with the General, Regina:
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the threat that Don Gamaliel faced from his peasants?
2. Why does Cruz have to leave town?
3. What impression does the reader have of Mr. Cruz's financial position?
4. What is the first thing that Cruz is aware of as he wakes up?
5. How does the book open?
6. Teresa and Catalina are still concerned about the will. What does Artemio say when Teresa ask about the will?
7. Why does Don Gamaliel support a match between Artemio and Catalina?
8. Why do the Americans need Artemio?
9. What do the girl and her mother talk about at the dress shop?
10. Who is Regina?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)