|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the yacht, the man watches as Lilia and Xavier Adame:
(a) sun bathe
(c) water ski
2. When the ballroom clock struck three times, Artemio:
(a) ended the party
(b) did nothing
(c) excused himself and went to bed
(d) walked over to Lilia
3. Lunero and the boy are making:
(a) adobe bricks
4. At Perales, Zagal:
(a) says Cruz will be executed at sunrise
(b) says Cruz will be taken to Villa
(c) offers Cruz his freedom in exchange for information
(d) says Cruz will be turned over to Zapata
5. What do Villa's men do when Cruz escapes into the mine?
(a) barricade the main entrance
(b) search the mine
(c) shoot into the mine
(d) keep on going
6. After Lorenzo's death, who writes to Artemio?
7. The man is vacationing in:
(c) Cabo San Lucas
8. In 1903, Artemio is:
9. To Artemio, what was different about Regina?
(a) she left him for another man
(b) she loved him without money
(c) she died
(d) she was more beautiful than Catalina
10. Who is present at the party?
11. They move through the streets after the bombing and meet:
(a) women from the Fourth Corps
(b) Franco's troops
(c) the streets are deserted
(d) Italian fighters
12. Laura is:
(a) married for ten years to Artemio's friend
13. Captain Zagal and his troops take Cruz to:
(a) Ri Hondu
(b) Mexico City
14. The group is trying to cross the mountains to reach:
(b) the Mediterranean
15. Who is the old woman in the mansion?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lorenzo tells Lola about:
2. At the beginning of the chapter, Cruz, a captain in Carranza's army, is:
3. What name does Artemio keep thinking of?
4. The event in progress at Artemio's Cayoacan residence is a:
5. When Laura tries to pressure Artemio into changing their relationship:
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)