|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Artemio says he met Regina at a:
(c) pool of water
2. Don Gamaliel shares with Artemio his list of:
(c) subversive peasants
(d) subversive guards
3. Where was Cruz's unit going?
(a) Mexico City
4. The revolutionaries take the injured Cruz to headquarters at:
(b) Rio Hondo
(c) Mexico City
5. The secretary of the Mexican businessman is:
6. What does Cruz feel it is important to remember:
(b) the date
(c) important events
(d) the time
7. The novel opens with:
(a) a conversation between Cruz and his daughter
(b) Mr. Cruz sitting in a cafe
(c) a conversation held in a car
(d) Mr. Cruz regaining consciousness in a hospital
8. After shopping for a while, the two ladies stop:
(a) for a manicure
(b) to relax in the park
(c) to have their hair styled
(d) for a cool drink
9. The gun used in the Russian Roulette game belongs to:
(a) Lieutenant Gavilan
(b) the police commander
10. How much does the man want for securing the concession?
(a) one million pesos
(b) $1 million
(d) $2 million
11. What happens to the wounded man Artemio tries to help?
(a) he dies
(b) he regains consciousness and walks under his own power
(c) he is killed by Cruz
(d) he is killed by the federales
12. Who does Artemio feel deserves a good part of his estate?
(b) his business partner
13. Who died in the Perales Prison?
(c) Golzalo Bernal
(d) Don Gamaliel Bernal
14. What do Padilla and Artemio work on at the hospital?
(a) a new investment
(b) the sulphur dome project
(c) Artemio's will
(d) the newspaper
15. The next day Cruz meets with:
(a) the new police chief
(b) the police commander from Saturno
(c) the President
(d) his lawyers
Short Answer Questions
1. What historic event is taking place at this time?
2. Catalina asks Cruz if he:
3. As Artemio moves around with the General, Regina:
4. At lunch, the two women try to pronounce the name of:
5. What doesn't Cruz include in his assets:
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)