• Mr. Cruz is regaining consciousness in a hospital bed, with a doctor and two women in the room
• As he lies there, Cruz remembers many of his business dealings and his assets.
• Cruz asks for Padilla and the tape recorder.
Chapter 1, 1941: July 6
• Two ladies enter a shop looking for wedding garments. The girl wonders if her father will attend the shower.
• Some Americans are discussing mining and other businesses with a Mexican man.
• The Mexican man asks his secretary Padilla about how to find the financing he needs, then takes him to lunch.
• Artemio's wife, Catalina, and daughter, Teresa, are sitting in the hospital room as he thinks of them as unattractive humanity.
Chapter 2, 1919: May 26
• Gonzalo Bernal dies in prison and Artemio Cruz visits his father, Don Gamaliel Bernal where he meets the daughter, Catalina.
• Artemio and Gonzalo had played a role in the Mexican Revolution on...
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)