|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls the bureau in Chapter 37 looking for Chen?
2. How does Chen respond to Wang's late-night phone call and offer to come over in Chapter 29?
3. What did the second woman Yu interviews in Chapter 25 want to do with Wu?
4. What is Ouyang's profession?
5. What do Ling and Chen share a love of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the author's use of literary techniques throughout "Death of a Red Heroine". Which techniques were used and how effectively? Where there any literary techniques not utilized that would have strengthened the story?
Essay Topic 2
There were many cases of things not being what they initially seemed. Select three examples from the book of things that, after learning a bit more, were very different from what they initially portrayed. Why might the author have presented information in this manner?
Essay Topic 3
Even the heroes of a story are usually not perfect; they have character flaws. Determine who is the protagonist of "Death of a Red Heroine" and address each of his or her character flaws. When do these characters flaws become apparent, and how do they affect the hero?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)