Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Chen to introduce them for Party membership?
2. What does the message left of Chen in Chapter 28 summon him to do?
3. In Chapter 32, Chen is supplied with a receipt for Wu's __________.
4. What did the second woman Yu interviews in Chapter 25 hope Wu would do to his wife?
5. Chen is also given a tape in Chapter 32; what is on that tape?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the author's use of literary techniques throughout "Death of a Red Heroine". Which techniques were used and how effectively? Where there any literary techniques not utilized that would have strengthened the story?
Essay Topic 2
Chen and Yu are both very dedicated to solving the crime of Gun's death; however, they go about it in different ways. Compare and contrast Chen and Yu's approach to the case, investigation methods, and willingness to 'break the rules'.
Essay Topic 3
Define 'villian' and determine who is the villain of "Death of a Red Heroine". What characteristics of this character earn him or her the title of 'villain'?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)