|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one reason Ling broke up with Chen?
2. When did Chen and Ling date?
3. Where does Chen stay while looking for Xie?
4. What sort of visit had Ouyang paid for Chen to have with Xei?
5. What does Li announce at his meeting with Chen in Chapter 39 that takes Chen completely by surprise?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ouyang?
2. Describe the situation when Chen meets Xie.
3. What does Chen do while unable to sleep in Chapter 29?
4. What does Ning Jing tell Yu about her relationship with Wu?
5. What have Yu and Chen be reassigned to do in Chapter 30?
6. What information does Peiqin pass on to Chen from Yu at the Karaoke party?
7. Why did Li lie to Chen and have Wu arrested without Chen and Yu knowing?
8. What irony does Chen realize about his new relationship with Ling and the connections to Wu's case?
9. How do Chen and Ling know one another, and what is their current relationship?
10. What response does Chen get from Ling, his friend in Beijing, to his plea for help sent earlier?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Zhang's role in "Death of a Red Heroine"? What does he represent, or what is he the personification of?
Essay Topic 2
Even the heroes of a story are usually not perfect; they have character flaws. Determine who is the protagonist of "Death of a Red Heroine" and address each of his or her character flaws. When do these characters flaws become apparent, and how do they affect the hero?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the tone and mood (separately) of "Death of a Red Heroine", at what point(s) they change, how they change, and why.
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)