|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the second woman Yu interviews in Chapter 25 hope Wu would do to his wife?
2. What is Ling wearing when she first shows up at Chen's hotel room?
3. What is Chen told to do to the investigation in Chapter 29?
4. In Chapter 32, Chen is supplied with a receipt for Wu's __________.
5. What is Chen informed in Chapter 28 has been filed against him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What irony does Chen realize about his new relationship with Ling and the connections to Wu's case?
2. In Chapter 28, what does Secretary Li inform Chen of, regarding the case?
3. How do Chen and Ling know one another, and what is their current relationship?
4. Why did Li lie to Chen and have Wu arrested without Chen and Yu knowing?
5. Who is Guo Qiang, and what is his role in the story?
6. What happens in Chen's meeting with Director Yao of the Party Discipline Committee?
7. How do Yu and Chen continue covertly sharing information about the case, so it does not appear that they are still working on it?
8. What does Chen use his new role as Traffic Control Office to assign Old Hunter to do, and why can he get away with it?
9. What does Old Hunter warn Chen about in Chapter 26?
10. What role does Lu's restaurant play in Chapter 31?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the primary message of "Death of a Red Heroine"? What does the author want readers to walk away from the book understanding better or believing?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the tone and mood (separately) of "Death of a Red Heroine", at what point(s) they change, how they change, and why.
Essay Topic 3
Many characters help Chen in his investigation, and without their help, he likely would never have been able to solve the crime. Which three characters do you feel were most instrumental in assisting Chen in solving the mystery of Guan's murder?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)