|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Guo Qiang?
2. Who does Guo Qiang work for?
3. What did the second woman Yu interviews in Chapter 25 want to do with Wu?
4. Where does Chen tell Peiqin to leave him messages?
5. At the end of the book, Chen finally realizes that all he can rely on in his work is his own _______ and conscientiousness.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chen do while unable to sleep in Chapter 29?
2. What information about the case does Old Hunter meet with Chen to share with him in Chapter 26?
3. What does Chen use his new role as Traffic Control Office to assign Old Hunter to do, and why can he get away with it?
4. What does Old Hunter warn Chen about in Chapter 26?
5. What does Ning Jing tell Yu about her relationship with Wu?
6. What irony does Chen realize about his new relationship with Ling and the connections to Wu's case?
7. Why does Wang call Chen late at night in Chapter 29?
8. What does Chen learn about Xei in Chapter 33?
9. What does Xie share with Chen about her relationship with Wu?
10. Describe the situation when Chen meets Xie.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define 'villian' and determine who is the villain of "Death of a Red Heroine". What characteristics of this character earn him or her the title of 'villain'?
Essay Topic 2
Even the heroes of a story are usually not perfect; they have character flaws. Determine who is the protagonist of "Death of a Red Heroine" and address each of his or her character flaws. When do these characters flaws become apparent, and how do they affect the hero?
Essay Topic 3
Setting is a fundamental component of fiction. Describe the setting of "Death of a Red Heroine" and how it impacted the characters and plot. Be sure to address the time, place, and social environment.
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)