|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While on the phone in Chapter 31, what do Peiqin and Chen realize?
2. Where is Chen when Old Hunter calls him in Chapter 26?
3. Where do Chen and Xie talk about the case?
4. What was Guan and the man doing when one of Old Hunter's sources saw them interacting?
5. Who does Director Yao want Chen to hand the case over to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new assignment is Chen given in Chapter 37, and what does Chen think about it?
2. In Chapter 28, what does Secretary Li inform Chen of, regarding the case?
3. Who is Guo Qiang, and what is his role in the story?
4. What does Ning Jing tell Yu about her relationship with Wu?
5. What does Chen do while unable to sleep in Chapter 29?
6. What action of Dr. Xia's reinvigorates Chen's dedication to solving the case?
7. What have Yu and Chen be reassigned to do in Chapter 30?
8. Why did Li lie to Chen and have Wu arrested without Chen and Yu knowing?
9. What information does Peiqin pass on to Chen from Yu at the Karaoke party?
10. What does Jiang Wehe tell Yu about her relationship with Wu?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Zhang's role in "Death of a Red Heroine"? What does he represent, or what is he the personification of?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the genre and sub-genre (if applicable) of "Death of a Red Heroine". What evidence from the book lead you to your genre choice?
Essay Topic 3
Even the heroes of a story are usually not perfect; they have character flaws. Determine who is the protagonist of "Death of a Red Heroine" and address each of his or her character flaws. When do these characters flaws become apparent, and how do they affect the hero?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)