|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did one of Old Hunter's sources see Guan interacting with a man on the night of her murder?
2. What is Old Hunter's job?
3. Who is Guo Qiang?
4. Who is Minster Wen Jiezi?
5. Where does Chen return to at the beginning of Chapter 33?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the speed and outcome of Wu's trial reflect the changing political scene in China at the time of the book?
2. What information does Peiqin pass on to Chen from Yu at the Karaoke party?
3. Describe the situation when Chen meets Xie.
4. What does Chen conclude about himself and his future actions at the end of the book?
5. What does Chen use his new role as Traffic Control Office to assign Old Hunter to do, and why can he get away with it?
6. What does Chen do while unable to sleep in Chapter 29?
7. How do Chen and Ling know one another, and what is their current relationship?
8. What does Jiang Wehe tell Yu about her relationship with Wu?
9. When Chen returns to Guan's dormitory again in Chapter 36, what does he finally find, and why does it mean?
10. What does Chen learn about Xei in Chapter 33?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain poetry as a primary motif in "Death of a Red Heroin". Where does it appear and what forms? Why does the author include poetry as a motif?
Essay Topic 2
Setting is a fundamental component of fiction. Describe the setting of "Death of a Red Heroine" and how it impacted the characters and plot. Be sure to address the time, place, and social environment.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the genre and sub-genre (if applicable) of "Death of a Red Heroine". What evidence from the book lead you to your genre choice?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)