|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chen informed in Chapter 28 has been filed against him?
2. Where do Chen and Peiqin meet in Chapter 32?
3. What does Guo Qiang say or do to Chen?
4. Why does Chen pick the establishment that he does in Chapter 31 for him and the Americans to dine?
5. What is Director Yao the director of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chen use his new role as Traffic Control Office to assign Old Hunter to do, and why can he get away with it?
2. What irony does Chen realize about his new relationship with Ling and the connections to Wu's case?
3. What does Chen learn about Xei in Chapter 33?
4. What does Chen conclude about himself and his future actions at the end of the book?
5. What role does Lu's restaurant play in Chapter 31?
6. Why is it significant to Chen when he learns that Wu has applied for a visa to America?
7. What have Yu and Chen be reassigned to do in Chapter 30?
8. When Chen visits his mother in Chapter 27, what is she worried about?
9. What motive for Guan's murder does Chen begin to consider in Chapter 33?
10. When Chen returns to Guan's dormitory again in Chapter 36, what does he finally find, and why does it mean?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many characters help Chen in his investigation, and without their help, he likely would never have been able to solve the crime. Which three characters do you feel were most instrumental in assisting Chen in solving the mystery of Guan's murder?
Essay Topic 2
What is the primary message of "Death of a Red Heroine"? What does the author want readers to walk away from the book understanding better or believing?
Essay Topic 3
Even the heroes of a story are usually not perfect; they have character flaws. Determine who is the protagonist of "Death of a Red Heroine" and address each of his or her character flaws. When do these characters flaws become apparent, and how do they affect the hero?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)