|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the package that Chen receives in Chapter 34 from?
2. Why did Li end the case without letting Chen know?
3. What does Guo Qiang say or do to Chen?
4. Who does Chen visit in Chapter 27, when he is feeling paranoid and discouraged?
5. Who leaves a message for Chen in Chapter 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it significant to Chen when he learns that Wu has applied for a visa to America?
2. Who is Guo Qiang, and what is his role in the story?
3. What does Chen do while unable to sleep in Chapter 29?
4. What does Chen use his new role as Traffic Control Office to assign Old Hunter to do, and why can he get away with it?
5. What response does Chen get from Ling, his friend in Beijing, to his plea for help sent earlier?
6. What does Jiang Wehe tell Yu about her relationship with Wu?
7. How do Chen and Ling know one another, and what is their current relationship?
8. How does the speed and outcome of Wu's trial reflect the changing political scene in China at the time of the book?
9. What does Chen learn about Xei in Chapter 33?
10. What irony does Chen realize about his new relationship with Ling and the connections to Wu's case?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the motives of any two of the following characters:
• Old Hunter
Essay Topic 2
Discuss which characters are main characters verses secondary characters, and how you distinguished between the two.
Essay Topic 3
Setting is a fundamental component of fiction. Describe the setting of "Death of a Red Heroine" and how it impacted the characters and plot. Be sure to address the time, place, and social environment.
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)