|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of relationship did the first woman Yu interviews in Chapter 25 have with Wu?
2. What was one reason Ling broke up with Chen?
3. When the Americans in Chapter 31 suggest that Chen pick a restaurant for them to dine in, where does Chen pick?
4. What does the message left of Chen in Chapter 28 summon him to do?
5. What did the second woman Yu interviews in Chapter 25 hope Wu would do to his wife?
Essay Topic 1
Loss is a prominent theme in "Death of a Red Heroine". Discuss the personal and professional losses of at least two characters.
Essay Topic 2
What is Zhang's role in "Death of a Red Heroine"? What does he represent, or what is he the personification of?
Essay Topic 3
Conflicts are prevalent in "Death of a Red Heroine". Select two of the following types of conflict and compare/contrast an example of each from the book.
• Man vs. Man
• Man vs. Self
• Man vs. Society
• Man vs. Nature
• Man vs. Technology
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)