|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ling orchestrated to get Chen out of trouble in Chapter 37?
2. What is concerning to Secretary Li and Internal Security about the case?
3. Chen wonders if a motive for the murder was Guan finding _____________.
4. What has Chen be reassigned to do in Chapter 33?
5. What does Li announce at his meeting with Chen in Chapter 39 that takes Chen completely by surprise?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Chen and Ling know one another, and what is their current relationship?
2. What role does Lu's restaurant play in Chapter 31?
3. What does Jiang Wehe tell Yu about her relationship with Wu?
4. What does Chen do while unable to sleep in Chapter 29?
5. What does Chen conclude about himself and his future actions at the end of the book?
6. Why is it significant to Chen when he learns that Wu has applied for a visa to America?
7. What does Ning Jing tell Yu about her relationship with Wu?
8. What does Old Hunter warn Chen about in Chapter 26?
9. What happens in Chen's meeting with Director Yao of the Party Discipline Committee?
10. What have Yu and Chen be reassigned to do in Chapter 30?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Loss is a prominent theme in "Death of a Red Heroine". Discuss the personal and professional losses of at least two characters.
Essay Topic 2
Define 'villian' and determine who is the villain of "Death of a Red Heroine". What characteristics of this character earn him or her the title of 'villain'?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the motives of any two of the following characters:
• Old Hunter
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)