|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of image does the second woman Yu interviews paint of Wu?
2. Who is Minster Wen Jiezi?
3. Chen wonders if a motive for the murder was Guan finding _____________.
4. How does Chen's mother feel about his career?
5. What is Chen informed in Chapter 28 has been filed against him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Conflicts are prevalent in "Death of a Red Heroine". Select two of the following types of conflict and compare/contrast an example of each from the book.
• Man vs. Man
• Man vs. Self
• Man vs. Society
• Man vs. Nature
• Man vs. Technology
Essay Topic 2
Loss is a prominent theme in "Death of a Red Heroine". Discuss the personal and professional losses of at least two characters.
Essay Topic 3
Chen and Yu are both very dedicated to solving the crime of Gun's death; however, they go about it in different ways. Compare and contrast Chen and Yu's approach to the case, investigation methods, and willingness to 'break the rules'.
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)