|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informs Chen that Secretary Li is protecting him from the Party?
2. What final favor does Chen do for Wang?
3. What has Chen be reassigned to do in Chapter 33?
4. What new assignment is Chen given in Chapter 37?
5. What does Old Hunter warn Chen about in Chapter 26?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chen conclude about himself and his future actions at the end of the book?
2. What role does Lu's restaurant play in Chapter 31?
3. How do Yu and Chen continue covertly sharing information about the case, so it does not appear that they are still working on it?
4. When Chen returns to Guan's dormitory again in Chapter 36, what does he finally find, and why does it mean?
5. What irony does Chen realize about his new relationship with Ling and the connections to Wu's case?
6. What action of Dr. Xia's reinvigorates Chen's dedication to solving the case?
7. What does Ning Jing tell Yu about her relationship with Wu?
8. What information about the case does Old Hunter meet with Chen to share with him in Chapter 26?
9. What does Chen use his new role as Traffic Control Office to assign Old Hunter to do, and why can he get away with it?
10. What does Chen learn about Xei in Chapter 33?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define 'villian' and determine who is the villain of "Death of a Red Heroine". What characteristics of this character earn him or her the title of 'villain'?
Essay Topic 2
What is the primary message of "Death of a Red Heroine"? What does the author want readers to walk away from the book understanding better or believing?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the motives of any two of the following characters:
• Old Hunter
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)