|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the message left of Chen in Chapter 28 summon him to do?
2. What does the person Chen visits in Chapter 27 think about his actions with Wang?
3. When did Chen and Ling date?
4. What is Old Hunter's job?
5. What has Old Hunter discovered in Chapter 26, related to the case?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Xie share with Chen about her relationship with Wu?
2. What does Jiang Wehe tell Yu about her relationship with Wu?
3. What does Chen do while unable to sleep in Chapter 29?
4. What does Chen use his new role as Traffic Control Office to assign Old Hunter to do, and why can he get away with it?
5. Who is Guo Qiang, and what is his role in the story?
6. What does Ning Jing tell Yu about her relationship with Wu?
7. What new assignment is Chen given in Chapter 37, and what does Chen think about it?
8. Why did Li lie to Chen and have Wu arrested without Chen and Yu knowing?
9. When Chen visits his mother in Chapter 27, what is she worried about?
10. Who is Ouyang?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were many cases of things not being what they initially seemed. Select three examples from the book of things that, after learning a bit more, were very different from what they initially portrayed. Why might the author have presented information in this manner?
Essay Topic 2
What is Zhang's role in "Death of a Red Heroine"? What does he represent, or what is he the personification of?
Essay Topic 3
Chen and Yu are both very dedicated to solving the crime of Gun's death; however, they go about it in different ways. Compare and contrast Chen and Yu's approach to the case, investigation methods, and willingness to 'break the rules'.
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)