|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the package that Chen receives in Chapter 34 from?
2. Who takes Chen to take a few days off in Chapter 33?
3. Chen wonders if a motive for the murder was Guan finding _____________.
4. Why does Yu have a hard time relaying to Chen the new information about the case he receives?
5. What is Ling wearing when she first shows up at Chen's hotel room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ouyang?
2. What information about the case does Old Hunter meet with Chen to share with him in Chapter 26?
3. Why is it significant to Chen when he learns that Wu has applied for a visa to America?
4. What does Chen use his new role as Traffic Control Office to assign Old Hunter to do, and why can he get away with it?
5. What happens in Chen's meeting with Director Yao of the Party Discipline Committee?
6. When Chen returns to Guan's dormitory again in Chapter 36, what does he finally find, and why does it mean?
7. When Chen visits his mother in Chapter 27, what is she worried about?
8. What have Yu and Chen be reassigned to do in Chapter 30?
9. What motive for Guan's murder does Chen begin to consider in Chapter 33?
10. How do Chen and Ling know one another, and what is their current relationship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss which characters are main characters verses secondary characters, and how you distinguished between the two.
Essay Topic 2
Define 'villian' and determine who is the villain of "Death of a Red Heroine". What characteristics of this character earn him or her the title of 'villain'?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Wu's former lovers, their relationships with Wu, and what they had to say about him.
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)