|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose information does the first woman Yu interviews in Chapter 25 give Yu to interview next?
2. What is Chen informed in Chapter 28 has been filed against him?
3. Who asks Chen to introduce them for Party membership?
4. What is Director Yao the director of?
5. What did the second woman Yu interviews in Chapter 25 want to do with Wu?
Short Essay Questions
1. What irony does Chen realize about his new relationship with Ling and the connections to Wu's case?
2. Who is Guo Qiang, and what is his role in the story?
3. What response does Chen get from Ling, his friend in Beijing, to his plea for help sent earlier?
4. When Chen returns to Guan's dormitory again in Chapter 36, what does he finally find, and why does it mean?
5. What does Chen use his new role as Traffic Control Office to assign Old Hunter to do, and why can he get away with it?
6. What does Ning Jing tell Yu about her relationship with Wu?
7. How do Yu and Chen continue covertly sharing information about the case, so it does not appear that they are still working on it?
8. What action of Dr. Xia's reinvigorates Chen's dedication to solving the case?
9. What role does Lu's restaurant play in Chapter 31?
10. What information does Peiqin pass on to Chen from Yu at the Karaoke party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Zhang's role in "Death of a Red Heroine"? What does he represent, or what is he the personification of?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the genre and sub-genre (if applicable) of "Death of a Red Heroine". What evidence from the book lead you to your genre choice?
Essay Topic 3
Loss is a prominent theme in "Death of a Red Heroine". Discuss the personal and professional losses of at least two characters.
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)