Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Chen to introduce them for Party membership?
2. What does the message left of Chen in Chapter 28 summon him to do?
3. In Chapter 32, Chen is supplied with a receipt for Wu's __________.
4. What did the second woman Yu interviews in Chapter 25 hope Wu would do to his wife?
5. Chen is also given a tape in Chapter 32; what is on that tape?
Essay Topic 1
Chen has a romantic relationship with two different women throughout "Death of a Red Heroine". Compare and contrast Wang and Ling and their influence on Chen. Did he feel the same about both women? What did they offer him, and what did he offer them?
Essay Topic 2
Conflicts are prevalent in "Death of a Red Heroine". Select two of the following types of conflict and compare/contrast an example of each from the book.
* Man vs. Man
* Man vs. Self
* Man vs. Society
* Man vs. Nature
* Man vs. Technology
Essay Topic 3
Explain poetry as a primary motif in "Death of a Red Heroin". Where does it appear and what forms? Why does the author include poetry as a motif?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)