|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jiang Weihe?
2. What does HCC stand for?
3. Who is Wang moving to be with?
4. Who is the picture that Chen finds in Guan's photo album addressed to?
5. Who else does Chen notice in the background of Guan's photos?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Yu's frustrations with the case in Chapter 10 compare with Chen's previous frustrations?
2. When an emergency meeting is held for all involved with the case, what is announced and how does Chen feel about it?
3. What breakthrough realization does Chen have about a clue in the case in Chapter 9?
4. How can Wu's photography career be described?
5. What is the murder victim's name, and why is it significant?
6. What personal information does Dr. Xia's more detailed report in Chapter 5 reveal about the body found in the canal?
7. Who is Peiqin, and what are her thoughts on the the case?
8. What does Lu ask Chen for at the housewarming party, and what does Chen's response suggest about their relationship?
9. How does the information given to Chen by Uncle Bao and Wei Hong match up?
10. What is Party Secretary Li Guoha's relationship to Chen, and what evidence is there of this relationship in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Loss is a prominent theme in "Death of a Red Heroine". Discuss the personal and professional losses of at least two characters.
Essay Topic 2
There were many cases of things not being what they initially seemed. Select three examples from the book of things that, after learning a bit more, were very different from what they initially portrayed. Why might the author have presented information in this manner?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the motives of any two of the following characters:
• Old Hunter
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)