|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the body that Gao finds wrapped in?
2. When Chen fills Yu in on Wu in Chapter 20, how does Yu react?
3. What does Peiqin believe about Guan in Chapter 13?
4. In Chapter 10, what does Chen deduce Guan's relationship with the killer was?
5. What do Wang and Chen discuss over their meal in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Chen returns to Guan's room to examine her photos, what does he notice?
2. How does Wang help Chen in his investigation in Chapter 16?
3. Who is Lai Guojun, and why did his relationship with Guan change?
4. What good news does Wang call Chen with at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. What does Chen find when he returns to Guan's dormitory for the third time?
6. What does Detective Yu learn about Guan through interviewing her co-workers and neighbors?
7. How does Wang's news in Chapter 18 affect Chen's focus?
8. When an emergency meeting is held for all involved with the case, what is announced and how does Chen feel about it?
9. Why is there tension between Chen and Yu?
10. What did Chen do for Yu that surprised Yu and changed the way he thought of Chen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Loss is a prominent theme in "Death of a Red Heroine". Discuss the personal and professional losses of at least two characters.
Essay Topic 2
Reflect on the title, "Death of a Red Heroine". Where does it come from? Why might the author have selected this title? Do you feel it is the most appropriate title for this story? Would you chose a different title?
Essay Topic 3
Chen and Yu are both very dedicated to solving the crime of Gun's death; however, they go about it in different ways. Compare and contrast Chen and Yu's approach to the case, investigation methods, and willingness to 'break the rules'.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)