|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wang need Chang's help obtaining?
2. What exciting thing happens for Chen personally in Chapter 9?
3. What does Chen learn is Guan's assumed name for traveling?
4. How many children does Dr. Xia's report reveal that the murdered woman had birthed?
5. What is the surname of the called Uncle Boa identifies as the man who called Guan the night she died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What breakthrough realization does Chen have about a clue in the case in Chapter 9?
2. What does Lu ask Chen for at the housewarming party, and what does Chen's response suggest about their relationship?
3. What did Chen do for Yu that surprised Yu and changed the way he thought of Chen?
4. When Chen returns to Guan's room to examine her photos, what does he notice?
5. What is the murder victim's name, and why is it significant?
6. How does the information given to Chen by Uncle Bao and Wei Hong match up?
7. How is the body at the center of the book's crime found?
8. Who is Lai Guojun, and why did his relationship with Guan change?
9. What does Zhang do with Chen's poem that he finds?
10. What type of character is Chief Inspector Chen introduced as?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Wu's former lovers, their relationships with Wu, and what they had to say about him.
Essay Topic 2
There were many cases of things not being what they initially seemed. Select three examples from the book of things that, after learning a bit more, were very different from what they initially portrayed. Why might the author have presented information in this manner?
Essay Topic 3
Even the heroes of a story are usually not perfect; they have character flaws. Determine who is the protagonist of "Death of a Red Heroine" and address each of his or her character flaws. When do these characters flaws become apparent, and how do they affect the hero?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)