|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Zhang is looking for a birthday gift for a friend in Chapter 21, what is he surprised by?
2. What does Wang need Chang's help obtaining?
3. What exciting thing happens for Chen personally in Chapter 9?
4. How does Zhang feel about Chen?
5. What is Wang Feng's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chen do while unable to sleep in Chapter 29?
2. Why does Wang call Chen late at night in Chapter 29?
3. How is Chen feeling about the case at the beginning of Chapter 9?
4. Who is Lai Guojun, and why did his relationship with Guan change?
5. In Chapter 28, what does Secretary Li inform Chen of, regarding the case?
6. What does Xie share with Chen about her relationship with Wu?
7. What does Chen find when he returns to Guan's dormitory for the third time?
8. How do Yu and Chen continue covertly sharing information about the case, so it does not appear that they are still working on it?
9. What is Wu's alibi for the night of the murder, and why is it suspicious?
10. What does Ning Jing tell Yu about her relationship with Wu?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does the literary technique of irony play is "Death of a Red Heroine"? What types of irony are seen in the story, and where do they appear? What purpose do they serve?
Essay Topic 2
Many characters help Chen in his investigation, and without their help, he likely would never have been able to solve the crime. Which three characters do you feel were most instrumental in assisting Chen in solving the mystery of Guan's murder?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the motives of any two of the following characters:
• Old Hunter
This section contains 1,368 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)