|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the last place Guan vacationed?
2. What do Yu and Chen agree on regarding the political aspects of the case?
3. Who did Chen stand up against for Yu?
4. How does Chen respond to Lu's request for a loan?
5. What does Yu want to focus on instead of the case in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of character is Chief Inspector Chen introduced as?
2. When Chen returns to Guan's room to examine her photos, what does he notice?
3. What happens with Chen and Yu confront Wu in his home in Chapter 20?
4. Why is there tension between Chen and Yu?
5. What does Chen conclude about himself and his future actions at the end of the book?
6. What does Chen do while unable to sleep in Chapter 29?
7. What does Ning Jing tell Yu about her relationship with Wu?
8. Why did Li lie to Chen and have Wu arrested without Chen and Yu knowing?
9. How do Yu's frustrations with the case in Chapter 10 compare with Chen's previous frustrations?
10. How do Yu and Chen continue covertly sharing information about the case, so it does not appear that they are still working on it?
Essay Topic 1
Chen has a romantic relationship with two different women throughout "Death of a Red Heroine". Compare and contrast Wang and Ling and their influence on Chen. Did he feel the same about both women? What did they offer him, and what did he offer them?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the tone and mood (separately) of "Death of a Red Heroine", at what point(s) they change, how they change, and why.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Wu's former lovers, their relationships with Wu, and what they had to say about him.
This section contains 1,352 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)