|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Director Yao want Chen to hand the case over to?
(a) Internal Security.
(d) International Security.
2. What is Chen told to do to the investigation in Chapter 29?
(a) Resolve it as quickly as possible.
(b) Take the investigation undercover.
(c) Suspend it.
(d) Solve it by whatever means necessary.
3. Where does Chen stay while looking for Xie?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A motel.
(c) With a friend.
(d) A hostel.
4. Who does Guo Qiang work for?
(b) Old Hunter.
(c) Internal Security.
5. Who calls the bureau in Chapter 37 looking for Chen?
(c) Chen's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Guo Qiang?
2. Who do Yu and Chen relay information about the case between?
3. Why does Yu have a hard time relaying to Chen the new information about the case he receives?
4. Who does Chen see while leaving his hotel at the end of the book, and promises to speak with again soon?
5. Where does Chen go to look for Xie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Xie share with Chen about her relationship with Wu?
2. How do Yu and Chen continue covertly sharing information about the case, so it does not appear that they are still working on it?
3. What motive for Guan's murder does Chen begin to consider in Chapter 33?
4. What happens in Chen's meeting with Director Yao of the Party Discipline Committee?
5. What does Ning Jing tell Yu about her relationship with Wu?
6. What does Chen do while unable to sleep in Chapter 29?
7. Describe the situation when Chen meets Xie.
8. In Chapter 28, what does Secretary Li inform Chen of, regarding the case?
9. Why does Wang call Chen late at night in Chapter 29?
10. Who is Guo Qiang, and what is his role in the story?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)