|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ling wearing when she first shows up at Chen's hotel room?
(a) A dress.
(b) Jeans and a t-shirt.
(c) Slacks and a blouse.
(d) A bathrobe.
2. What do Ling and Chen share a love of?
3. What type of relationship did the first woman Yu interviews in Chapter 25 have with Wu?
(a) Purely sexual.
(b) He was in love with her, but she was not in love with him.
(c) She was in love with him, but he was not in love with her.
(d) They were engaged.
4. Who followed Chen in Guangzhou?
(b) Internal Security.
5. Who does Ouyang plan to ask to help Chen find Xie?
(b) His customers.
(c) His co-workers.
(d) His boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of image does the second woman Yu interviews paint of Wu?
2. Why does Yu have a hard time relaying to Chen the new information about the case he receives?
3. Chen is also given a tape in Chapter 32; what is on that tape?
4. What new assignment is Chen given in Chapter 37?
5. In Chapter 32, Chen is supplied with a receipt for Wu's __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Peiqin pass on to Chen from Yu at the Karaoke party?
2. What response does Chen get from Ling, his friend in Beijing, to his plea for help sent earlier?
3. What does Jiang Wehe tell Yu about her relationship with Wu?
4. When Chen returns to Guan's dormitory again in Chapter 36, what does he finally find, and why does it mean?
5. Who is Ouyang?
6. How do Chen and Ling know one another, and what is their current relationship?
7. What does Ning Jing tell Yu about her relationship with Wu?
8. What action of Dr. Xia's reinvigorates Chen's dedication to solving the case?
9. What irony does Chen realize about his new relationship with Ling and the connections to Wu's case?
10. Why does Wang call Chen late at night in Chapter 29?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)