|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What key piece of evidence was not used in Wu's trial?
(a) The car.
(c) The gun.
(d) A witness.
2. In Chen's new position in Chapter 37, who does he no longer need to report to?
(b) Old Hunter.
3. What is Old Hunter's job?
(a) Traffic patroller.
(c) Store owner.
4. What is Ouyang's profession?
(d) Government employee.
5. Why does Chen pick the establishment that he does in Chapter 31 for him and the Americans to dine?
(a) To get a closer look at the caviar.
(b) He thought they would appreciate American food.
(c) To see if he has any messages.
(d) It is Wu's favorite restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new assignment is Chen given in Chapter 37?
2. Who does Director Yao want Chen to hand the case over to?
3. Who do Yu and Chen relay information about the case between?
4. Who leaves a message for Chen in Chapter 28?
5. Who is the package that Chen receives in Chapter 34 from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the speed and outcome of Wu's trial reflect the changing political scene in China at the time of the book?
2. What does Xie share with Chen about her relationship with Wu?
3. When Chen returns to Guan's dormitory again in Chapter 36, what does he finally find, and why does it mean?
4. Who is Guo Qiang, and what is his role in the story?
5. Who is Ouyang?
6. What does Ning Jing tell Yu about her relationship with Wu?
7. When Chen visits his mother in Chapter 27, what is she worried about?
8. What irony does Chen realize about his new relationship with Ling and the connections to Wu's case?
9. Why does Wang call Chen late at night in Chapter 29?
10. What happens in Chen's meeting with Director Yao of the Party Discipline Committee?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)