|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who followed Chen in Guangzhou?
(c) Internal Security.
2. What was Xie's relationship with Wu?
(a) They dated several years.
(b) They were engaged.
(c) They were married.
(d) A short fling.
3. What does the message left of Chen in Chapter 28 summon him to do?
(a) Come back to the office.
(b) Meet someone at a local restaurant.
(c) Turn in his police badge.
(d) Get out of town.
4. When the Americans in Chapter 31 suggest that Chen pick a restaurant for them to dine in, where does Chen pick?
(a) The Red Heroine.
(b) Lu's restaurnat.
(c) An American style restaurant.
(d) A waterfront place that sells caviar.
5. Who is Guo Qiang?
(a) The man selected to replace Chen on the case.
(b) Ling's boyfriend.
(c) The man providing Wu's alibi for the night of the murder.
(d) A goverment official who interferes with the case.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Chen see while leaving his hotel at the end of the book, and promises to speak with again soon?
2. Who do Yu and Chen relay information about the case between?
3. In Chapter 32, Chen is supplied with a receipt for Wu's __________.
4. Where did one of Old Hunter's sources see Guan interacting with a man on the night of her murder?
5. Where does Chen return to at the beginning of Chapter 33?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Peiqin pass on to Chen from Yu at the Karaoke party?
2. What does Chen use his new role as Traffic Control Office to assign Old Hunter to do, and why can he get away with it?
3. What does Xie share with Chen about her relationship with Wu?
4. In Chapter 28, what does Secretary Li inform Chen of, regarding the case?
5. When Chen returns to Guan's dormitory again in Chapter 36, what does he finally find, and why does it mean?
6. Who is Guo Qiang, and what is his role in the story?
7. Why does Wang call Chen late at night in Chapter 29?
8. What does Chen do while unable to sleep in Chapter 29?
9. How do Chen and Ling know one another, and what is their current relationship?
10. What does Jiang Wehe tell Yu about her relationship with Wu?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)