|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Chen surprised to see at his meeting with Li in Chapter 39?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Dr. Xia.
2. Where do Chen and Xie talk about the case?
(a) Over dinner.
(b) Over coffee.
(c) Over lunch.
(d) In a hotel room.
3. What type of relationship did the first woman Yu interviews in Chapter 25 have with Wu?
(a) They were engaged.
(b) Purely sexual.
(c) He was in love with her, but she was not in love with him.
(d) She was in love with him, but he was not in love with her.
4. Where does Chen end up after wandering the streets at night in Chapter 29?
(a) A post office.
(b) A small diner.
(c) Wang's apartment.
(d) He gets lost.
5. While on the phone in Chapter 31, what do Peiqin and Chen realize?
(a) They are in love with one another.
(b) Their conversation is probably being monitored.
(c) Yu is setting them up to get arrested.
(d) They have solve the case.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Chen visit in Chapter 27, when he is feeling paranoid and discouraged?
2. How does Chen respond to Wang's late-night phone call and offer to come over in Chapter 29?
3. Who followed Chen in Guangzhou?
4. What is Yu temporarily reassigned to in Chapter 33?
5. Why does Yu have a hard time relaying to Chen the new information about the case he receives?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)