|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ouyang plan to ask to help Chen find Xie?
(a) His boss.
(c) His customers.
(d) His co-workers.
2. Who does Guo Qiang work for?
(a) Old Hunter.
(d) Internal Security.
3. Chen is also given a tape in Chapter 32; what is on that tape?
(a) Yu's interview with Wu.
(b) Yu's interview with the new witness.
(c) Wu's confession to the crime.
(d) A secret message from Guan.
4. Who is the package that Chen receives in Chapter 34 from?
(c) His mother.
5. What does Chen and Ling's relationship feel like when they reconnect in the hotel?
(d) Like they never parted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chen informed in Chapter 28 has been filed against him?
2. What is concerning to Secretary Li and Internal Security about the case?
3. Who leaves a message for Chen in Chapter 28?
4. Who does Chen visit in Chapter 27, when he is feeling paranoid and discouraged?
5. What key piece of evidence was not used in Wu's trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chen use his new role as Traffic Control Office to assign Old Hunter to do, and why can he get away with it?
2. In Chapter 28, what does Secretary Li inform Chen of, regarding the case?
3. What information about the case does Old Hunter meet with Chen to share with him in Chapter 26?
4. Why does Wang call Chen late at night in Chapter 29?
5. What irony does Chen realize about his new relationship with Ling and the connections to Wu's case?
6. Why did Li lie to Chen and have Wu arrested without Chen and Yu knowing?
7. What role does Lu's restaurant play in Chapter 31?
8. What does Chen conclude about himself and his future actions at the end of the book?
9. How does the speed and outcome of Wu's trial reflect the changing political scene in China at the time of the book?
10. What does Ning Jing tell Yu about her relationship with Wu?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)