|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Chen to introduce them for Party membership?
(a) Little Zhou.
(b) Dr. Xia.
(c) Chen's mother.
2. How does Chen respond to Wang's late-night phone call and offer to come over in Chapter 29?
(a) He rejects it.
(b) He cries and says its too hard.
(c) He yells at her and hangs up.
(d) He accepts it.
3. Who does Chen visit in Chapter 27, when he is feeling paranoid and discouraged?
(a) A counselor.
(d) His mother.
4. When Xie and Guan got in a physical altercation over Wu, whose side did Wu take?
(a) He refused to take sides.
(b) It is not revealed.
5. Where do Chen and Xie talk about the case?
(a) Over coffee.
(b) In a hotel room.
(c) Over lunch.
(d) Over dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chen's new position in Chapter 37, who does he no longer need to report to?
2. While on the phone in Chapter 31, what do Peiqin and Chen realize?
3. What is concerning to Secretary Li and Internal Security about the case?
4. What has Ling orchestrated to get Chen out of trouble in Chapter 37?
5. Where does Chen go to look for Xie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information about the case does Old Hunter meet with Chen to share with him in Chapter 26?
2. What does Chen do while unable to sleep in Chapter 29?
3. What does Chen use his new role as Traffic Control Office to assign Old Hunter to do, and why can he get away with it?
4. When Chen visits his mother in Chapter 27, what is she worried about?
5. What does Ning Jing tell Yu about her relationship with Wu?
6. In Chapter 28, what does Secretary Li inform Chen of, regarding the case?
7. What happens in Chen's meeting with Director Yao of the Party Discipline Committee?
8. Why is it significant to Chen when he learns that Wu has applied for a visa to America?
9. What does Jiang Wehe tell Yu about her relationship with Wu?
10. Who is Ouyang?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)