|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Yu and Chen relay information about the case between?
2. What is Old Hunter's job?
(c) Store owner.
(d) Traffic patroller.
3. What is concerning to Secretary Li and Internal Security about the case?
(a) Wu's safety.
(b) Chen's safety.
(c) The lack of motive.
(d) All answers are correct.
4. What does Chen realize Guan had tried to do to Wu?
(a) Blackmail him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Break up with him.
(d) Expose him.
5. Where do Chen and Peiqin meet in Chapter 32?
(a) The laundrymat.
(b) Lu's restaurant.
(c) Chen's apartment.
(d) A karaoke party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Chen return to at the beginning of Chapter 33?
2. How does Chen's mother feel about his career?
3. What is Director Yao the director of?
4. Where do Chen and Xie talk about the case?
5. What is Ouyang's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Yu and Chen continue covertly sharing information about the case, so it does not appear that they are still working on it?
2. How do Chen and Ling know one another, and what is their current relationship?
3. In Chapter 28, what does Secretary Li inform Chen of, regarding the case?
4. What have Yu and Chen be reassigned to do in Chapter 30?
5. What response does Chen get from Ling, his friend in Beijing, to his plea for help sent earlier?
6. What motive for Guan's murder does Chen begin to consider in Chapter 33?
7. How does the speed and outcome of Wu's trial reflect the changing political scene in China at the time of the book?
8. What new assignment is Chen given in Chapter 37, and what does Chen think about it?
9. What happens in Chen's meeting with Director Yao of the Party Discipline Committee?
10. Why is it significant to Chen when he learns that Wu has applied for a visa to America?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)