|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Chen stay while looking for Xie?
(a) A hostel.
(b) With a friend.
(c) A motel.
(d) A hotel.
2. What does Chen's new assignment in Chapter 37 appear on the surface to be?
(a) A promotion.
(b) An odd assignment for him.
(c) A demotion.
(d) A distraction.
3. Why does Chen want to see Guo Qiang?
(a) Because he provided Wu's alibi.
(b) Because he murdered Guan.
(c) Because he submitted a report against Chen.
(d) Because he did not show up for work for Chen.
4. Old Hunter assigned to patrol whose neighborhood Chapter 38?
(d) Secretary Li's.
5. What is Director Yao the director of?
(a) The Party Discipline Committee.
(b) It is not stated.
(c) High Cadres' Children.
(d) Chen's police force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the message left of Chen in Chapter 28 summon him to do?
2. Where does Chen tell Peiqin to leave him messages?
3. Why does Yu have a hard time relaying to Chen the new information about the case he receives?
4. How does Chen respond to Wang's late-night phone call and offer to come over in Chapter 29?
5. Who is Guo Qiang?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jiang Wehe tell Yu about her relationship with Wu?
2. What does Chen do while unable to sleep in Chapter 29?
3. What does Chen conclude about himself and his future actions at the end of the book?
4. How do Chen and Ling know one another, and what is their current relationship?
5. What new assignment is Chen given in Chapter 37, and what does Chen think about it?
6. Why does Wang call Chen late at night in Chapter 29?
7. How do Yu and Chen continue covertly sharing information about the case, so it does not appear that they are still working on it?
8. When Chen returns to Guan's dormitory again in Chapter 36, what does he finally find, and why does it mean?
9. Who is Guo Qiang, and what is his role in the story?
10. What does Xie share with Chen about her relationship with Wu?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)