|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the package that Chen receives in Chapter 34 from?
(d) His mother.
2. Who do Yu and Chen relay information about the case between?
3. In Chen's new position in Chapter 37, who does he no longer need to report to?
(b) Old Hunter.
4. What was Xie's relationship with Wu?
(a) A short fling.
(b) They were engaged.
(c) They dated several years.
(d) They were married.
5. What is concerning to Secretary Li and Internal Security about the case?
(a) Wu's safety.
(b) Chen's safety.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) The lack of motive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves a message for Chen in Chapter 28?
2. Where is the package that Chen receives in Chapter 34 from?
3. What did the second woman Yu interviews in Chapter 25 want to do with Wu?
4. Who followed Chen in Guangzhou?
5. Chen is also given a tape in Chapter 32; what is on that tape?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Chen and Ling know one another, and what is their current relationship?
2. What irony does Chen realize about his new relationship with Ling and the connections to Wu's case?
3. What happens in Chen's meeting with Director Yao of the Party Discipline Committee?
4. What does Chen do while unable to sleep in Chapter 29?
5. Why did Li lie to Chen and have Wu arrested without Chen and Yu knowing?
6. When Chen returns to Guan's dormitory again in Chapter 36, what does he finally find, and why does it mean?
7. What role does Lu's restaurant play in Chapter 31?
8. Why is it significant to Chen when he learns that Wu has applied for a visa to America?
9. What action of Dr. Xia's reinvigorates Chen's dedication to solving the case?
10. What does Jiang Wehe tell Yu about her relationship with Wu?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)