|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Chen calls Li and tells him what happened with Gui Qiang, when does Li say they will meet to discuss it further?
(a) That night.
(c) Next week.
(d) The next day.
2. What is Chen told to do to the investigation in Chapter 29?
(a) Take the investigation undercover.
(b) Resolve it as quickly as possible.
(c) Solve it by whatever means necessary.
(d) Suspend it.
3. Who is Minster Wen Jiezi?
(a) Head of the Shanghai mafia.
(b) Head of the Security Department.
(c) Ling's fiance.
(d) Wu's uncle.
4. Chen is also given a tape in Chapter 32; what is on that tape?
(a) Wu's confession to the crime.
(b) Yu's interview with Wu.
(c) A secret message from Guan.
(d) Yu's interview with the new witness.
5. Who does Chen find out was arrested in Chapter 33?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 32, Chen is supplied with a receipt for Wu's __________.
2. What was one reason Ling broke up with Chen?
3. What is Ling wearing when she first shows up at Chen's hotel room?
4. Why does Yu have a hard time relaying to Chen the new information about the case he receives?
5. What is Old Hunter's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new assignment is Chen given in Chapter 37, and what does Chen think about it?
2. What does Jiang Wehe tell Yu about her relationship with Wu?
3. When Chen visits his mother in Chapter 27, what is she worried about?
4. What irony does Chen realize about his new relationship with Ling and the connections to Wu's case?
5. What does Old Hunter warn Chen about in Chapter 26?
6. What action of Dr. Xia's reinvigorates Chen's dedication to solving the case?
7. Why did Li lie to Chen and have Wu arrested without Chen and Yu knowing?
8. What role does Lu's restaurant play in Chapter 31?
9. Who is Ouyang?
10. Describe the situation when Chen meets Xie.
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)