|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Chen stay while looking for Xie?
(a) With a friend.
(b) A hostel.
(c) A motel.
(d) A hotel.
2. Who is Minster Wen Jiezi?
(a) Head of the Security Department.
(b) Head of the Shanghai mafia.
(c) Wu's uncle.
(d) Ling's fiance.
3. What final favor does Chen do for Wang?
(a) Puchases her plane tickets.
(b) Sends her some money.
(c) Sends her a fairwell note.
(d) Gets her passport application approved quickly.
4. Where do Chen and Peiqin meet in Chapter 32?
(a) The laundrymat.
(b) A karaoke party.
(c) Lu's restaurant.
(d) Chen's apartment.
5. Who is Chen surprised to see at his meeting with Li in Chapter 39?
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Dr. Xia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Old Hunter assigned to patrol whose neighborhood Chapter 38?
2. Whose information does the first woman Yu interviews in Chapter 25 give Yu to interview next?
3. Who informs Chen that Secretary Li is protecting him from the Party?
4. What does Old Hunter warn Chen about in Chapter 26?
5. In Chen's new position in Chapter 37, who does he no longer need to report to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Old Hunter warn Chen about in Chapter 26?
2. In Chapter 28, what does Secretary Li inform Chen of, regarding the case?
3. What happens in Chen's meeting with Director Yao of the Party Discipline Committee?
4. How do Chen and Ling know one another, and what is their current relationship?
5. What does Jiang Wehe tell Yu about her relationship with Wu?
6. What does Chen learn about Xei in Chapter 33?
7. What have Yu and Chen be reassigned to do in Chapter 30?
8. Why does Wang call Chen late at night in Chapter 29?
9. What motive for Guan's murder does Chen begin to consider in Chapter 33?
10. Who is Guo Qiang, and what is his role in the story?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)