|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Chen see while leaving his hotel at the end of the book, and promises to speak with again soon?
2. Why does Chen pick the establishment that he does in Chapter 31 for him and the Americans to dine?
(a) He thought they would appreciate American food.
(b) To get a closer look at the caviar.
(c) It is Wu's favorite restaurant.
(d) To see if he has any messages.
3. What did the second woman Yu interviews in Chapter 25 want to do with Wu?
(a) Be his manager.
(b) Start a business.
(d) Get married.
4. When did Chen and Ling date?
(a) In the military.
(c) High school.
(d) When Chen first moved to Beijing.
5. What is concerning to Secretary Li and Internal Security about the case?
(a) Chen's safety.
(b) The lack of motive.
(c) Wu's safety.
(d) All answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Li end the case without letting Chen know?
2. In Chapter 32, Chen learns of a new witness who has stepped forward. Where did that witness see Wu the night of the murder?
3. Where did one of Old Hunter's sources see Guan interacting with a man on the night of her murder?
4. What was Guan and the man doing when one of Old Hunter's sources saw them interacting?
5. How does Chen respond to Wang's late-night phone call and offer to come over in Chapter 29?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 28, what does Secretary Li inform Chen of, regarding the case?
2. Who is Guo Qiang, and what is his role in the story?
3. What does Chen conclude about himself and his future actions at the end of the book?
4. What have Yu and Chen be reassigned to do in Chapter 30?
5. When Chen visits his mother in Chapter 27, what is she worried about?
6. What information about the case does Old Hunter meet with Chen to share with him in Chapter 26?
7. What does Chen learn about Xei in Chapter 33?
8. What new assignment is Chen given in Chapter 37, and what does Chen think about it?
9. How do Chen and Ling know one another, and what is their current relationship?
10. What does Jiang Wehe tell Yu about her relationship with Wu?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)