|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 32, Chen is supplied with a receipt for Wu's __________.
(a) Gas purchase.
(b) Photo paper.
(c) Dark room lights.
2. What does the message left of Chen in Chapter 28 summon him to do?
(a) Come back to the office.
(b) Get out of town.
(c) Meet someone at a local restaurant.
(d) Turn in his police badge.
3. What has Old Hunter discovered in Chapter 26, related to the case?
(a) Wu's location the night of the murder.
(b) Guan's affair.
(c) Guan's destinatino the night of the murder.
(d) Where the caviar came from.
4. Who calls the bureau in Chapter 37 looking for Chen?
(d) Chen's mother.
5. What new assignment is Chen given in Chapter 37?
(a) Director of Beijing Bullet Train.
(b) Commissioner of Shanghai Transportation Department.
(c) Director of Shanghai Metropolitan Traffic Control.
(d) Director of Claims at the Shanghai Police Department.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chen prepared to do if his meeting with Li does not end with justice?
2. What did the first woman Yu interviews in Chapter 25 find that Wu keeps, which caused her to stop seeing him?
3. How does Chen's mother feel about his career?
4. Who is Minster Wen Jiezi?
5. Why did Li end the case without letting Chen know?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Chen and Ling know one another, and what is their current relationship?
2. Who is Ouyang?
3. What happens in Chen's meeting with Director Yao of the Party Discipline Committee?
4. How does the speed and outcome of Wu's trial reflect the changing political scene in China at the time of the book?
5. Why did Li lie to Chen and have Wu arrested without Chen and Yu knowing?
6. What does Jiang Wehe tell Yu about her relationship with Wu?
7. What does Ning Jing tell Yu about her relationship with Wu?
8. Who is Guo Qiang, and what is his role in the story?
9. What action of Dr. Xia's reinvigorates Chen's dedication to solving the case?
10. What motive for Guan's murder does Chen begin to consider in Chapter 33?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)