|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who informs Chen that Secretary Li is protecting him from the Party?
(c) Little Zhou.
2. What was one reason Ling broke up with Chen?
(a) She didn't think he would make a good husband.
(b) She wanted to move to America for a year.
(c) She met someone else.
(d) She wanted to move to Australia for a year.
3. Old Hunter assigned to patrol whose neighborhood Chapter 38?
(d) Secretary Li's.
4. Who do Yu and Chen relay information about the case between?
5. In Chen's new position in Chapter 37, who does he no longer need to report to?
(c) Old Hunter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who followed Chen in Guangzhou?
2. When did Chen and Ling date?
3. Where does Chen tell Peiqin to leave him messages?
4. Who takes Chen to take a few days off in Chapter 33?
5. Where is the package that Chen receives in Chapter 34 from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chen learn about Xei in Chapter 33?
2. What does Chen do while unable to sleep in Chapter 29?
3. Why does Wang call Chen late at night in Chapter 29?
4. Why is it significant to Chen when he learns that Wu has applied for a visa to America?
5. What response does Chen get from Ling, his friend in Beijing, to his plea for help sent earlier?
6. What does Jiang Wehe tell Yu about her relationship with Wu?
7. When Chen returns to Guan's dormitory again in Chapter 36, what does he finally find, and why does it mean?
8. What information about the case does Old Hunter meet with Chen to share with him in Chapter 26?
9. Who is Guo Qiang, and what is his role in the story?
10. How do Yu and Chen continue covertly sharing information about the case, so it does not appear that they are still working on it?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)