|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Yu temporarily reassigned to in Chapter 33?
(a) Look after visiting American writers.
(b) A different murder case.
(c) Vacation time.
(d) Security at a conference.
2. How does Chen respond to Wang's late-night phone call and offer to come over in Chapter 29?
(a) He accepts it.
(b) He cries and says its too hard.
(c) He yells at her and hangs up.
(d) He rejects it.
3. Who is the first woman Yu visits in Chapter 25 to inquire about her relationship with Wu?
(a) Jiang Wehe.
(b) Han Lee.
(c) Xei Rong.
(d) Ning Jing.
4. Who does Chen hire as his adviser in his new role in Chapter 38?
(a) Dr. Xia.
(c) Old Hunter.
5. What was Xie's relationship with Wu?
(a) They dated several years.
(b) They were engaged.
(c) A short fling.
(d) They were married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Chen visit in Chapter 27, when he is feeling paranoid and discouraged?
2. What was one reason Ling broke up with Chen?
3. When did Chen and Ling date?
4. Who calls the bureau in Chapter 37 looking for Chen?
5. What is Chen told to do to the investigation in Chapter 29?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it significant to Chen when he learns that Wu has applied for a visa to America?
2. What response does Chen get from Ling, his friend in Beijing, to his plea for help sent earlier?
3. What does Chen conclude about himself and his future actions at the end of the book?
4. What does Jiang Wehe tell Yu about her relationship with Wu?
5. How do Chen and Ling know one another, and what is their current relationship?
6. What does Chen learn about Xei in Chapter 33?
7. When Chen returns to Guan's dormitory again in Chapter 36, what does he finally find, and why does it mean?
8. What information about the case does Old Hunter meet with Chen to share with him in Chapter 26?
9. What does Ning Jing tell Yu about her relationship with Wu?
10. What information does Peiqin pass on to Chen from Yu at the Karaoke party?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)