|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Chen to introduce them for Party membership?
(b) Little Zhou.
(c) Chen's mother.
(d) Dr. Xia.
2. What was the main reason Ling broke up with Chen?
(a) She didn't think he would make a good husband.
(b) She wanted to move to America for a year.
(c) Her family did not think he was a good match for her.
(d) She didn't love him anymore.
3. What sort of visit had Ouyang paid for Chen to have with Xei?
(a) "Full Service."
(b) "Breakfast in bed."
(c) "Massage service."
(d) "Half service."
4. What does Chen receive from Xie before Chen reveals that he is a cop?
(a) A slap in the face.
(b) A Japanese foot massage.
(c) She shares a secret with him.
(d) The name of a witness.
5. What was one reason Ling broke up with Chen?
(a) She wanted to move to America for a year.
(b) She met someone else.
(c) She didn't think he would make a good husband.
(d) She wanted to move to Australia for a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who followed Chen in Guangzhou?
2. What does Guo Qiang say or do to Chen?
3. Whose information does the first woman Yu interviews in Chapter 25 give Yu to interview next?
4. Who is Chen surprised to see at his meeting with Li in Chapter 39?
5. Where do Chen and Xie talk about the case?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ouyang?
2. What does Old Hunter warn Chen about in Chapter 26?
3. How do Yu and Chen continue covertly sharing information about the case, so it does not appear that they are still working on it?
4. What motive for Guan's murder does Chen begin to consider in Chapter 33?
5. What does Chen learn about Xei in Chapter 33?
6. Why is it significant to Chen when he learns that Wu has applied for a visa to America?
7. When Chen visits his mother in Chapter 27, what is she worried about?
8. Describe the situation when Chen meets Xie.
9. Why did Li lie to Chen and have Wu arrested without Chen and Yu knowing?
10. What does Chen use his new role as Traffic Control Office to assign Old Hunter to do, and why can he get away with it?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)