|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Chen tell Peiqin to leave him messages?
(a) Lu's restaurant.
(b) Lu's apartment.
(c) Through Yu.
(d) Chen's apartment.
2. In Chapter 32, Chen is supplied with a receipt for Wu's __________.
(a) Gas purchase.
(c) Dark room lights.
(d) Photo paper.
3. Who is the package that Chen receives in Chapter 34 from?
(c) His mother.
4. Who takes Chen to take a few days off in Chapter 33?
(b) Secretary Li.
(d) Chen's mother.
5. Who does Director Yao want Chen to hand the case over to?
(a) Internal Security.
(c) International Security.
Short Answer Questions
1. While on the phone in Chapter 31, what do Peiqin and Chen realize?
2. What is Yu temporarily reassigned to in Chapter 33?
3. Chen wonders if a motive for the murder was Guan finding _____________.
4. Why does Yu have a hard time relaying to Chen the new information about the case he receives?
5. Who calls the bureau in Chapter 37 looking for Chen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Yu and Chen continue covertly sharing information about the case, so it does not appear that they are still working on it?
2. Why did Li lie to Chen and have Wu arrested without Chen and Yu knowing?
3. Why does Wang call Chen late at night in Chapter 29?
4. What have Yu and Chen be reassigned to do in Chapter 30?
5. How does the speed and outcome of Wu's trial reflect the changing political scene in China at the time of the book?
6. What does Chen conclude about himself and his future actions at the end of the book?
7. Describe the situation when Chen meets Xie.
8. In Chapter 28, what does Secretary Li inform Chen of, regarding the case?
9. What happens in Chen's meeting with Director Yao of the Party Discipline Committee?
10. What information about the case does Old Hunter meet with Chen to share with him in Chapter 26?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)