|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Minster Wen Jiezi?
(a) Head of the Shanghai mafia.
(b) Head of the Security Department.
(c) Ling's fiance.
(d) Wu's uncle.
2. Who does Chen see while leaving his hotel at the end of the book, and promises to speak with again soon?
3. Who asks Chen to introduce them for Party membership?
(a) Dr. Xia.
(b) Chen's mother.
(d) Little Zhou.
4. What does the message left of Chen in Chapter 28 summon him to do?
(a) Turn in his police badge.
(b) Meet someone at a local restaurant.
(c) Get out of town.
(d) Come back to the office.
5. Who takes Chen to take a few days off in Chapter 33?
(a) Chen's mother.
(b) Secretary Li.
Short Answer Questions
1. While on the phone in Chapter 31, what do Peiqin and Chen realize?
2. Chen is also given a tape in Chapter 32; what is on that tape?
3. Who followed Chen in Guangzhou?
4. In Chapter 32, Chen is supplied with a receipt for Wu's __________.
5. What type of relationship did the first woman Yu interviews in Chapter 25 have with Wu?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chen learn about Xei in Chapter 33?
2. When Chen returns to Guan's dormitory again in Chapter 36, what does he finally find, and why does it mean?
3. What happens in Chen's meeting with Director Yao of the Party Discipline Committee?
4. How do Chen and Ling know one another, and what is their current relationship?
5. Why is it significant to Chen when he learns that Wu has applied for a visa to America?
6. When Chen visits his mother in Chapter 27, what is she worried about?
7. What response does Chen get from Ling, his friend in Beijing, to his plea for help sent earlier?
8. What does Old Hunter warn Chen about in Chapter 26?
9. Describe the situation when Chen meets Xie.
10. In Chapter 28, what does Secretary Li inform Chen of, regarding the case?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)