|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Chen hire as his adviser in his new role in Chapter 38?
(b) Dr. Xia.
(d) Old Hunter.
2. What has Old Hunter discovered in Chapter 26, related to the case?
(a) Where the caviar came from.
(b) Wu's location the night of the murder.
(c) Guan's affair.
(d) Guan's destinatino the night of the murder.
3. Where does Chen return to at the beginning of Chapter 33?
(a) His office.
(b) Lu's restaurant.
(c) His apartment.
(d) The karoake party.
4. What is concerning to Secretary Li and Internal Security about the case?
(a) Wu's safety.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Chen's safety.
(d) The lack of motive.
5. What is Ling wearing when she first shows up at Chen's hotel room?
(a) Jeans and a t-shirt.
(b) Slacks and a blouse.
(c) A dress.
(d) A bathrobe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Chen visit in Chapter 27, when he is feeling paranoid and discouraged?
2. Who does Chen see while leaving his hotel at the end of the book, and promises to speak with again soon?
3. Who does Director Yao want Chen to hand the case over to?
4. What does Guo Qiang say or do to Chen?
5. While on the phone in Chapter 31, what do Peiqin and Chen realize?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chen do while unable to sleep in Chapter 29?
2. What action of Dr. Xia's reinvigorates Chen's dedication to solving the case?
3. How do Yu and Chen continue covertly sharing information about the case, so it does not appear that they are still working on it?
4. What happens in Chen's meeting with Director Yao of the Party Discipline Committee?
5. How do Chen and Ling know one another, and what is their current relationship?
6. What response does Chen get from Ling, his friend in Beijing, to his plea for help sent earlier?
7. Who is Guo Qiang, and what is his role in the story?
8. Who is Ouyang?
9. In Chapter 28, what does Secretary Li inform Chen of, regarding the case?
10. Why did Li lie to Chen and have Wu arrested without Chen and Yu knowing?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)