|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else is Chen, besides a cop?
(a) A golfer.
(b) A runner.
(c) A poet.
(d) A photographer.
2. What does Chen learn is Guan's assumed name for traveling?
(a) Wei Hong
(b) Wang Hong.
(c) Xie Rong.
(d) Comrade Zhaodi.
3. What is Bao Guozhang also known as?
(a) Uncle Bao.
(b) Crazy Bao.
(c) Brother Bao.
(d) Father Bao.
4. Why does Lu ask Chen for a loan?
(a) To start a restaurant.
(b) To buy his wife a ring.
(c) To pay off a gambling debt.
(d) To send his ailing mother.
5. In the emergency meeting, who is everyone involved in the case told to report to?
(b) Secretary Li.
(c) Commissar Zhang Zhiqiang.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man who called Guan on her last night alive say?
2. Where does the person who sent Chen a gift live?
3. Guan was the public fact of what political party?
4. What is Guan's last name?
5. What good news does Wang call Chen to tell him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What good news does Wang call Chen with at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. When Chen returns to Guan's room to examine her photos, what does he notice?
3. How can the era that "Death of a Red Heroine" is set in be described?
4. How does the murder victim's profession change the whole tone of the investigation?
5. Who is Peiqin, and what are her thoughts on the the case?
6. How does Wang's news in Chapter 18 affect Chen's focus?
7. What breakthrough realization does Chen have about a clue in the case in Chapter 9?
8. How can Wu's photography career be described?
9. What is ironic about Chen's thoughts during and after his lunch date with Wang in Chapter 11?
10. What is the murder victim's name, and why is it significant?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)