|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Chen go to examine Guan's photos in Chapter 12?
(a) A coffeeshop.
(b) Yu's office.
(c) Chen's office.
(d) Guan's room.
2. What is the surname of the called Uncle Boa identifies as the man who called Guan the night she died?
3. Where do Chen and Yu confront Wu in Chapter 21?
(a) Wu's home.
(b) Wu's work.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) On a street.
4. What unusual things do Guan's coworkers say she started doing prior to her death?
(a) Skipping work and wearing more make-up.
(b) Taking more vacation and wearing jewlery.
(c) Working extra hours and not wearing any make-up.
(d) Smoking and being rude to customers.
5. In Chapter 10, what does Chen deduce Guan's relationship with the killer was?
(a) He had stalked her.
(b) She knew him.
(c) They had met in passing.
(d) He was a stranger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Chen and Yu think Wu's motive would be for killing Guan?
2. Who told Guan to cut Lai Guojun out of her life?
3. How are Wu Bing and Wu Xiaoming related?
4. What is Chen throwing when he is first introduced in the book?
5. What does Wu say he was doing the night of the murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What personal information does Dr. Xia's more detailed report in Chapter 5 reveal about the body found in the canal?
2. How does the information given to Chen by Uncle Bao and Wei Hong match up?
3. How can Wu's photography career be described?
4. What is ironic about Chen's thoughts during and after his lunch date with Wang in Chapter 11?
5. What is Party Secretary Li Guoha's relationship to Chen, and what evidence is there of this relationship in Chapter 4?
6. What is Wu's alibi for the night of the murder, and why is it suspicious?
7. What does Detective Yu learn about Guan through interviewing her co-workers and neighbors?
8. Who is Peiqin, and what are her thoughts on the the case?
9. Who is Bao Guozhang, and how does he help Chen?
10. What did Chen do for Yu that surprised Yu and changed the way he thought of Chen?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)