|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Chen go to examine Guan's photos in Chapter 12?
(a) Chen's office.
(b) Yu's office.
(c) Guan's room.
(d) A coffeeshop.
2. When Chen fills Yu in on Wu in Chapter 20, how does Yu react?
3. How does Chen respond to Lu's request for a loan?
(a) He says "No."
(b) He grants it to him, free of interest.
(c) He says he needs to think about it.
(d) He grants it to him, but with a high interst.
4. Who else does Chen notice in the background of Guan's photos?
(a) A middle-aged man.
(b) A hooded figure reflected in a mirror.
(c) A child about 7 years old.
(d) No one.
5. Where do Chen and Yu confront Wu in Chapter 21?
(a) Wu's home.
(b) On a street.
(c) Wu's work.
(d) At a restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wu say he was doing the night of the murder?
2. How much progress has been made on the case by the beginning of Chapter 9?
3. Where did the tour guide for Guan's trip to the Yellow Mountains move right after that trip?
4. What is Yu's father known as?
5. What is the surname of the called Uncle Boa identifies as the man who called Guan the night she died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What good news does Wang call Chen with at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. Who is Bao Guozhang, and how does he help Chen?
3. What does Detective Yu learn about Guan through interviewing her co-workers and neighbors?
4. What type of character is Chief Inspector Chen introduced as?
5. How is Chen feeling about the case at the beginning of Chapter 9?
6. What breakthrough realization does Chen have about a clue in the case in Chapter 9?
7. What did Chen do for Yu that surprised Yu and changed the way he thought of Chen?
8. What is ironic about Chen's thoughts during and after his lunch date with Wang in Chapter 11?
9. What happens with Chen and Yu confront Wu in his home in Chapter 20?
10. Why is there tension between Chen and Yu?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)