|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity is Captain Gao Ziling doing when he finds the body?
2. Where is Yu in Chapter 13?
(a) At a press conference.
(b) It is not stated.
(c) On a family outing.
(d) Investigating Guan's dormatory.
3. What clue related to the case does Chen realize is hard to come by in Shanghai?
(b) Guan's perfume.
(c) The type of camera used for Guan's photos.
(d) Guan's designer high heels.
4. What era is "Death of a Red Heroine" set in?
5. Who is Wang moving to be with?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Chen and Yu think Wu's motive would be for killing Guan?
2. What is Guan's last name?
3. In the emergency meeting, who is everyone involved in the case told to report to?
4. What does Yu's report confirm that the body found in the canal died of?
5. Where did the tour guide for Guan's trip to the Yellow Mountains move right after that trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Chen feeling about the case at the beginning of Chapter 9?
2. How does Wang help Chen in his investigation in Chapter 16?
3. How does the murder victim's profession change the whole tone of the investigation?
4. What did Chen do for Yu that surprised Yu and changed the way he thought of Chen?
5. How do Yu's frustrations with the case in Chapter 10 compare with Chen's previous frustrations?
6. What does Chen find when he returns to Guan's dormitory for the third time?
7. What personal information does Dr. Xia's more detailed report in Chapter 5 reveal about the body found in the canal?
8. Who is Bao Guozhang, and how does he help Chen?
9. Who is Peiqin, and what are her thoughts on the the case?
10. How does Wang's news in Chapter 18 affect Chen's focus?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)