|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what does Chen deduce Guan's relationship with the killer was?
(a) She knew him.
(b) They had met in passing.
(c) He was a stranger.
(d) He had stalked her.
2. Where do Chen and Yu confront Wu in Chapter 21?
(a) Wu's home.
(b) At a restaurant.
(c) On a street.
(d) Wu's work.
3. Guan was the public fact of what political party?
4. What is Wang Feng's profession?
(c) News anchor.
5. What does Zhang think of Chen's planned trip to Guangzhou?
(a) At least it will get Chen away for awhile.
(b) It is a waste of resources.
(c) It seems dangerous.
(d) It is a decent lead to follow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color hair does the lady that Chen finds a picture of in Guan's photo album have?
2. What does HCC stand for?
3. On what date is the body involved in the main crime of this book found?
4. What era is "Death of a Red Heroine" set in?
5. When Chen and Yu confront Wu, what sort of relationship does Wu say he and Guan had?
Short Essay Questions
1. When an emergency meeting is held for all involved with the case, what is announced and how does Chen feel about it?
2. How does Wang help Chen in his investigation in Chapter 16?
3. What breakthrough realization does Chen have about a clue in the case in Chapter 9?
4. Who is Lai Guojun, and why did his relationship with Guan change?
5. What does Chen find when he returns to Guan's dormitory for the third time?
6. What happens with Chen and Yu confront Wu in his home in Chapter 20?
7. What good news does Wang call Chen with at the beginning of Chapter 5?
8. How does Wang's news in Chapter 18 affect Chen's focus?
9. How do Yu's frustrations with the case in Chapter 10 compare with Chen's previous frustrations?
10. How is Chen feeling about the case at the beginning of Chapter 9?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)