|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, Chen returns to look at Guan's photo albums for the _______ time.
2. What year was the photograph Chen finds in Guan's photo album dated?
3. Who was the tour guide on Guan's trip to the Yellow Mountains?
(a) Wang Feng.
(b) Xie Rong.
(c) Wu Xiaoming.
4. At what time on the night she died did Guan's neighbor see her leave her dorm with a suitcase?
(a) 10:00 p.m.
(b) 10:30 p.m.
(c) 11:00 p.m.
5. How does Chen respond to Lu's request for a loan?
(a) He says "No."
(b) He grants it to him, free of interest.
(c) He says he needs to think about it.
(d) He grants it to him, but with a high interst.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what does Chen deduce Guan's relationship with the killer was?
2. What good news does Wang call Chen to tell him?
3. What color hair does the lady that Chen finds a picture of in Guan's photo album have?
4. Where did the tour guide for Guan's trip to the Yellow Mountains move right after that trip?
5. What does Yu want to focus on instead of the case in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Li lie to Chen and have Wu arrested without Chen and Yu knowing?
2. How do Yu's frustrations with the case in Chapter 10 compare with Chen's previous frustrations?
3. What does Chen use his new role as Traffic Control Office to assign Old Hunter to do, and why can he get away with it?
4. When Chen returns to Guan's room to examine her photos, what does he notice?
5. What does Old Hunter warn Chen about in Chapter 26?
6. What type of character is Chief Inspector Chen introduced as?
7. How does the murder victim's profession change the whole tone of the investigation?
8. When an emergency meeting is held for all involved with the case, what is announced and how does Chen feel about it?
9. What happens with Chen and Yu confront Wu in his home in Chapter 20?
10. How can the era that "Death of a Red Heroine" is set in be described?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)