|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time on the night she died did Guan's neighbor see her leave her dorm with a suitcase?
(b) 10:00 p.m.
(c) 11:00 p.m.
(d) 10:30 p.m.
2. In Chapter 21, Zhang thinks that Yu ___________ him.
(d) Does not respect.
3. How did Guan's neighbors feel about her?
(a) They disliked and resented her.
(b) They hardly saw her.
(c) They admired her.
(d) They thought she was very loving and friendly.
4. Who heads the emergency meeting called regarding Guan's case?
(a) Commissar Zhang Zhiqiang.
(b) Secretary Li.
5. How much progress has been made on the case by the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) A few promising leads are left to be investigated.
(b) Chen believes he know who the killer is.
(c) A witness has been located.
(d) No progress.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what does Chen deduce Guan's relationship with the killer was?
2. Why does Lu ask Chen for a loan?
3. In Chapter 21, Zhang thinks that Chen __________ him.
4. What activity is Captain Gao Ziling doing when he finds the body?
5. What is the mood during Chen and Wang's dinner at the beginning of Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with Chen and Yu confront Wu in his home in Chapter 20?
2. How can the era that "Death of a Red Heroine" is set in be described?
3. How can Wu's photography career be described?
4. What type of character is Chief Inspector Chen introduced as?
5. How is Chen feeling about the case at the beginning of Chapter 9?
6. What is the murder victim's name, and why is it significant?
7. What breakthrough realization does Chen have about a clue in the case in Chapter 9?
8. What is Party Secretary Li Guoha's relationship to Chen, and what evidence is there of this relationship in Chapter 4?
9. What is Wu's alibi for the night of the murder, and why is it suspicious?
10. Who is Peiqin, and what are her thoughts on the the case?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)