|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wu Xiaoming had once photographed Guan for a _________.
(b) Book cover.
(d) Political event.
2. What do Chen and Yu think Wu's motive would be for killing Guan?
(a) They don't know.
(b) Guan broke up with Wu for another man.
(c) Guan knew Wu's secret.
(d) Guan did not return Wu's love.
3. What type of accent did the man who called Guan on her last night alive have?
4. Where did the tour guide for Guan's trip to the Yellow Mountains move right after that trip?
5. What does the man who called Guan on her last night alive say?
(a) "I love you."
(b) "I'll pick you up at midnight."
(c) "We'll meet as scheduled."
(d) "Tell no one."
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was the photograph Chen finds in Guan's photo album dated?
2. What era is "Death of a Red Heroine" set in?
3. What is Chen's nickname for Lu?
4. What is the body that Gao finds wrapped in?
5. What does Yu find in Guan's closet that seems out of place?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wang help Chen in his investigation in Chapter 16?
2. What personal information does Dr. Xia's more detailed report in Chapter 5 reveal about the body found in the canal?
3. What does Chen find when he returns to Guan's dormitory for the third time?
4. What surprising news does Wang announce to Chen during their dinner date in Chapter 18?
5. What breakthrough realization does Chen have about a clue in the case in Chapter 9?
6. Why is there tension between Chen and Yu?
7. What did Chen do for Yu that surprised Yu and changed the way he thought of Chen?
8. How do Yu's frustrations with the case in Chapter 10 compare with Chen's previous frustrations?
9. How is the body at the center of the book's crime found?
10. What happens with Chen and Yu confront Wu in his home in Chapter 20?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)