|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chen throwing when he is first introduced in the book?
(a) A housewarming party.
(b) A fit.
(c) A rock.
(d) A surprise party.
2. What color hair does the lady that Chen finds a picture of in Guan's photo album have?
3. In the emergency meeting, who is everyone involved in the case told to report to?
(a) Commissar Zhang Zhiqiang.
(b) Secretary Li.
4. What department was Guan the head of in a department store?
(d) Men's clothing.
5. When Chen and Yu confront Wu, what sort of relationship does Wu say he and Guan had?
(b) Professional and romantic.
(c) Professional only.
(d) Romantic only.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does HCC stand for?
2. Where was the last place Guan vacationed?
3. Who is Wang moving to be with?
4. What do Chen and Yu think Wu's motive would be for killing Guan?
5. Who is Peiqin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the murder victim's name, and why is it significant?
2. What does Chen find when he returns to Guan's dormitory for the third time?
3. What personal information does Dr. Xia's more detailed report in Chapter 5 reveal about the body found in the canal?
4. What is Party Secretary Li Guoha's relationship to Chen, and what evidence is there of this relationship in Chapter 4?
5. What did Chen do for Yu that surprised Yu and changed the way he thought of Chen?
6. What surprising news does Wang announce to Chen during their dinner date in Chapter 18?
7. How does the murder victim's profession change the whole tone of the investigation?
8. When an emergency meeting is held for all involved with the case, what is announced and how does Chen feel about it?
9. Who is Peiqin, and what are her thoughts on the the case?
10. How does Wang's news in Chapter 18 affect Chen's focus?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)