|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much progress has been made on the case by the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) No progress.
(b) A witness has been located.
(c) A few promising leads are left to be investigated.
(d) Chen believes he know who the killer is.
2. What gift does Chen receive in Chapter 11?
(a) A diary.
(b) A poetry book.
(c) A fishing book.
(d) A running journal.
3. Who is Wang moving to be with?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her husband.
4. What unusual things do Guan's coworkers say she started doing prior to her death?
(a) Skipping work and wearing more make-up.
(b) Taking more vacation and wearing jewlery.
(c) Smoking and being rude to customers.
(d) Working extra hours and not wearing any make-up.
5. What does Chen realize about where the murder happened?
(a) It could have happened anywhere.
(b) It probably happened on a dock.
(c) It must have happened on a boat.
(d) It must have happened in Shanghai.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date is the body involved in the main crime of this book found?
2. What does Peiqin believe about Guan in Chapter 13?
3. What meal do Chen and Wang have together in Chapter 11?
4. Where did the tour guide for Guan's trip to the Yellow Mountains move right after that trip?
5. Wu Xiaoming had once photographed Guan for a _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. When Chen returns to Guan's room to examine her photos, what does he notice?
2. What is Party Secretary Li Guoha's relationship to Chen, and what evidence is there of this relationship in Chapter 4?
3. How does the information given to Chen by Uncle Bao and Wei Hong match up?
4. How is the body at the center of the book's crime found?
5. What happens with Chen and Yu confront Wu in his home in Chapter 20?
6. What does Chen find when he returns to Guan's dormitory for the third time?
7. When an emergency meeting is held for all involved with the case, what is announced and how does Chen feel about it?
8. What is the murder victim's name, and why is it significant?
9. Who is Lai Guojun, and why did his relationship with Guan change?
10. How do Yu's frustrations with the case in Chapter 10 compare with Chen's previous frustrations?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)