|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bao Guozhang also known as?
(a) Crazy Bao.
(b) Brother Bao.
(c) Uncle Bao.
(d) Father Bao.
2. What does Yu want to focus on instead of the case in Chapter 10?
(a) Other cases.
(b) Helping Chen win over Wang.
(c) Planning his next vacation.
(d) His wife.
3. What does Wu say he was doing the night of the murder?
(a) Developing photographs with a friend.
(b) Traveling for business.
(c) Taking pictures out of town.
(d) He can't remember.
4. What does Peiqin believe about Guan in Chapter 13?
(a) Guan led a double life.
(b) Guan was kidnapped.
(c) Guan was in the mafia.
(d) Guan may not have been single.
5. Why is Wu's photography considered controversial?
(a) He includes political symbols.
(b) He digitally improves the pictures.
(c) He includes artistic nudes.
(d) He removes the backgrounds from pictures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What era is "Death of a Red Heroine" set in?
2. What do Chen and Yu think Wu's motive would be for killing Guan?
3. What clue related to the case does Chen realize is hard to come by in Shanghai?
4. What is Chen's nickname for Lu?
5. Zhang's primarily focus regarding the case is __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with Chen and Yu confront Wu in his home in Chapter 20?
2. What personal information does Dr. Xia's more detailed report in Chapter 5 reveal about the body found in the canal?
3. What does Detective Yu learn about Guan through interviewing her co-workers and neighbors?
4. Why is there tension between Chen and Yu?
5. What does Chen find when he returns to Guan's dormitory for the third time?
6. How is the body at the center of the book's crime found?
7. What does Lu ask Chen for at the housewarming party, and what does Chen's response suggest about their relationship?
8. What is the murder victim's name, and why is it significant?
9. What does Zhang do with Chen's poem that he finds?
10. What is Party Secretary Li Guoha's relationship to Chen, and what evidence is there of this relationship in Chapter 4?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)