|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chen's nickname for Lu?
(a) "Lucky Lu."
(b) "Overseas Chinese."
(c) "Lucy Lu."
(d) "American Lou."
2. What does Wu say he was doing the night of the murder?
(a) Developing photographs with a friend.
(b) Taking pictures out of town.
(c) Traveling for business.
(d) He can't remember.
3. How did Guan's neighbors feel about her?
(a) They disliked and resented her.
(b) They admired her.
(c) They hardly saw her.
(d) They thought she was very loving and friendly.
4. What is Chen Cao's professional title?
(a) Chief Inspector.
(b) Head Investigator.
5. What meal do Chen and Wang have together in Chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who heads the emergency meeting called regarding Guan's case?
2. The relationship between Yu and Chen is filled with ______.
3. Who is Chen dining with in Chapter 19?
4. Who is Peiqin?
5. In Chapter 10, what does Chen deduce Guan's relationship with the killer was?
Short Essay Questions
1. What breakthrough realization does Chen have about a clue in the case in Chapter 9?
2. Who is Peiqin, and what are her thoughts on the the case?
3. What happens with Chen and Yu confront Wu in his home in Chapter 20?
4. What surprising news does Wang announce to Chen during their dinner date in Chapter 18?
5. What does Zhang do with Chen's poem that he finds?
6. What is ironic about Chen's thoughts during and after his lunch date with Wang in Chapter 11?
7. What type of character is Chief Inspector Chen introduced as?
8. Why is there tension between Chen and Yu?
9. Who is Lai Guojun, and why did his relationship with Guan change?
10. How does Wang's news in Chapter 18 affect Chen's focus?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)