|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Guan to cut Lai Guojun out of her life?
(a) Wu Xiaoming.
(b) Her father.
(c) No one, she decided it on her own.
(d) The Party.
2. What good news does Wang call Chen to tell him?
(a) One of his poems will be published.
(b) She heard is about to get a promotion.
(c) She wants to go on vacation with him.
(d) She got a promotion.
3. Who does Chen receive a gift from in Chapter 11?
(d) His father.
4. What does Chen find odd about Guan's final departure?
(a) That she didn't tell anyone where she was vacationing.
(b) That no airline tickets were reserved under her name.
(c) That she didn't withdraw any money from the bank.
(d) That she only brought one suitcase.
5. Guan was the public fact of what political party?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man who called Guan on her last night alive say?
2. What do Wang and Chen discuss over their meal in Chapter 11?
3. What does Yu find in Guan's closet that seems out of place?
4. In Chapter 21, Zhang thinks that Chen __________ him.
5. What is the body that Gao finds wrapped in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wang help Chen in his investigation in Chapter 16?
2. How does Wang's news in Chapter 18 affect Chen's focus?
3. What does Chen find when he returns to Guan's dormitory for the third time?
4. What good news does Wang call Chen with at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. When an emergency meeting is held for all involved with the case, what is announced and how does Chen feel about it?
6. How is the body at the center of the book's crime found?
7. What does Lu ask Chen for at the housewarming party, and what does Chen's response suggest about their relationship?
8. What is Party Secretary Li Guoha's relationship to Chen, and what evidence is there of this relationship in Chapter 4?
9. How does the information given to Chen by Uncle Bao and Wei Hong match up?
10. How does the murder victim's profession change the whole tone of the investigation?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)