|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zhang think of Chen's planned trip to Guangzhou?
(a) At least it will get Chen away for awhile.
(b) It seems dangerous.
(c) It is a waste of resources.
(d) It is a decent lead to follow.
2. What year was the photograph Chen finds in Guan's photo album dated?
3. Who was the tour guide on Guan's trip to the Yellow Mountains?
(a) Wang Feng.
(c) Wu Xiaoming.
(d) Xie Rong.
4. Guan's identity makes her case a ________ case.
(d) Low profile.
5. What exciting thing happens for Chen personally in Chapter 9?
(a) He gets a new apartment.
(b) Wang tells him she loves him.
(c) His poem is published.
(d) He decides to tell Wang he loves her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Wu's photography considered controversial?
2. What had the murdered woman eaten less than hour before her death?
3. What does Yu's report confirm that the body found in the canal died of?
4. What do Yu and Chen agree on regarding the political aspects of the case?
5. What does Wu say he was doing the night of the murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can the era that "Death of a Red Heroine" is set in be described?
2. What is Wu's alibi for the night of the murder, and why is it suspicious?
3. What happens with Chen and Yu confront Wu in his home in Chapter 20?
4. What does Lu ask Chen for at the housewarming party, and what does Chen's response suggest about their relationship?
5. How does Wang's news in Chapter 18 affect Chen's focus?
6. How does the information given to Chen by Uncle Bao and Wei Hong match up?
7. What breakthrough realization does Chen have about a clue in the case in Chapter 9?
8. What personal information does Dr. Xia's more detailed report in Chapter 5 reveal about the body found in the canal?
9. What does Detective Yu learn about Guan through interviewing her co-workers and neighbors?
10. What surprising news does Wang announce to Chen during their dinner date in Chapter 18?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)