|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the person who sent Chen a gift live?
(d) New York.
2. How many children does Dr. Xia's report reveal that the murdered woman had birthed?
3. What does Chen realize about where the murder happened?
(a) It could have happened anywhere.
(b) It probably happened on a dock.
(c) It must have happened on a boat.
(d) It must have happened in Shanghai.
4. What is the body that Gao finds wrapped in?
(a) A blanket.
(c) A plastic bag.
(d) A tarp.
5. In Chapter 21, Zhang thinks that Yu ___________ him.
(c) Does not respect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does HCC stand for?
2. How did Guan's neighbors feel about her?
3. Who does Chen receive a gift from in Chapter 11?
4. What type of accent did the man who called Guan on her last night alive have?
5. What is Yu's father known as?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can the era that "Death of a Red Heroine" is set in be described?
2. Who is Bao Guozhang, and how does he help Chen?
3. What is Party Secretary Li Guoha's relationship to Chen, and what evidence is there of this relationship in Chapter 4?
4. How do Yu's frustrations with the case in Chapter 10 compare with Chen's previous frustrations?
5. How is Chen feeling about the case at the beginning of Chapter 9?
6. What surprising news does Wang announce to Chen during their dinner date in Chapter 18?
7. What does Detective Yu learn about Guan through interviewing her co-workers and neighbors?
8. What type of character is Chief Inspector Chen introduced as?
9. How does Wang's news in Chapter 18 affect Chen's focus?
10. What personal information does Dr. Xia's more detailed report in Chapter 5 reveal about the body found in the canal?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)