|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date is the body involved in the main crime of this book found?
(a) May 11, 1990.
(b) March 11, 1950.
(c) March 11, 1992.
(d) May 11, 1890.
2. In Chapter 14, Chen returns to look at Guan's photo albums for the _______ time.
3. What is Chen throwing when he is first introduced in the book?
(a) A fit.
(b) A rock.
(c) A housewarming party.
(d) A surprise party.
4. In Chapter 21, Zhang thinks that Chen __________ him.
5. What does Party Secretary Li Guoha suggest Chen do with the murder case?
(a) Assign it to Yu.
(b) Sit on it for a week before deciding anything.
(c) Pass it on to others.
(d) Take it on himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who heads the emergency meeting called regarding Guan's case?
2. Why does Lu ask Chen for a loan?
3. How does Yu feel about the case in Chapter 10?
4. At what time on the night she died did Guan's neighbor see her leave her dorm with a suitcase?
5. What does Yu's report confirm that the body found in the canal died of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprising news does Wang announce to Chen during their dinner date in Chapter 18?
2. Who is Lai Guojun, and why did his relationship with Guan change?
3. What did Chen do for Yu that surprised Yu and changed the way he thought of Chen?
4. When Chen returns to Guan's room to examine her photos, what does he notice?
5. What does Lu ask Chen for at the housewarming party, and what does Chen's response suggest about their relationship?
6. What is the murder victim's name, and why is it significant?
7. What does Detective Yu learn about Guan through interviewing her co-workers and neighbors?
8. What is Wu's alibi for the night of the murder, and why is it suspicious?
9. What personal information does Dr. Xia's more detailed report in Chapter 5 reveal about the body found in the canal?
10. What does Chen find when he returns to Guan's dormitory for the third time?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)