|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man who called Guan on her last night alive say?
(a) "Tell no one."
(b) "I love you."
(c) "We'll meet as scheduled."
(d) "I'll pick you up at midnight."
2. Who does Chen receive a gift from in Chapter 11?
(c) His father.
3. What does Wang need Chang's help obtaining?
(a) A driver's license.
(b) A suitcase.
(d) A passport.
4. What else is Chen, besides a cop?
(a) A golfer.
(b) A photographer.
(c) A runner.
(d) A poet.
5. Where was the last place Guan vacationed?
(a) New York.
(b) Yellow Mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wu say he was doing the night of the murder?
2. What selfish reason does Wang give for wanting to move?
3. Zhang's primarily focus regarding the case is __________.
4. Guan was the public fact of what political party?
5. What activity is Captain Gao Ziling doing when he finds the body?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the body at the center of the book's crime found?
2. What breakthrough realization does Chen have about a clue in the case in Chapter 9?
3. How does Wang help Chen in his investigation in Chapter 16?
4. How does Wang's news in Chapter 18 affect Chen's focus?
5. What type of character is Chief Inspector Chen introduced as?
6. When an emergency meeting is held for all involved with the case, what is announced and how does Chen feel about it?
7. What does Detective Yu learn about Guan through interviewing her co-workers and neighbors?
8. Who is Lai Guojun, and why did his relationship with Guan change?
9. Who is Peiqin, and what are her thoughts on the the case?
10. What is Wu's alibi for the night of the murder, and why is it suspicious?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)