|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the book, Chen finally realizes that all he can rely on in his work is his own _______ and conscientiousness.
2. Chen wonders if a motive for the murder was Guan finding _____________.
(a) Wu's obscene photos.
(b) Wu with another woman.
(c) Wu's book of other women's phone numbers.
(d) Wu's family secret.
3. Who is Minster Wen Jiezi?
(a) Head of the Security Department.
(b) Head of the Shanghai mafia.
(c) Ling's fiance.
(d) Wu's uncle.
4. What Chen surprised to learn upon meeting Xie for the first time?
(a) She is a prostitute.
(b) She is in her 50s.
(c) She is in her 40s.
(d) She is American.
5. What is Yu temporarily reassigned to in Chapter 33?
(a) A different murder case.
(b) Look after visiting American writers.
(c) Vacation time.
(d) Security at a conference.
6. What sort of image does the second woman Yu interviews paint of Wu?
(a) He is a hopeless romantic.
(b) He has a split personality.
(c) He is a free spirit.
(d) He is a serial womanizer.
7. What is Chen told to do to the investigation in Chapter 29?
(a) Resolve it as quickly as possible.
(b) Suspend it.
(c) Take the investigation undercover.
(d) Solve it by whatever means necessary.
8. Whose information does the first woman Yu interviews in Chapter 25 give Yu to interview next?
(a) Jiang Wehe.
(b) Xei Rong.
(c) Han Lee.
(d) Ning Jing.
9. Where do Chen and Peiqin meet in Chapter 32?
(a) Chen's apartment.
(b) Lu's restaurant.
(c) The laundrymat.
(d) A karaoke party.
10. What did the individual who sent the package in Chapter 34 tell Minister Wen?
(a) That she is Chen's girlfriend.
(b) That Chen murdered Guan.
(c) That Chen must be removed from the case.
(d) That Chen is a political and security problem.
11. What did the second woman Yu interviews in Chapter 25 hope Wu would do to his wife?
(a) Divorce her.
(b) Forget her.
(c) Introduce them.
(d) Go back to her.
12. What was Xie's relationship with Wu?
(a) They were married.
(b) They were engaged.
(c) They dated several years.
(d) A short fling.
13. Where is Chen when Old Hunter calls him in Chapter 26?
(a) His office.
(b) His apartment.
(c) His mother's apartment.
(d) A restaurant.
14. Who does Guo Qiang work for?
(a) Old Hunter.
(c) Internal Security.
15. Where does Chen tell Peiqin to leave him messages?
(a) Lu's apartment.
(b) Through Yu.
(c) Lu's restaurant.
(d) Chen's apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Guan see as her main obstacle in being with Wu permanently?
2. What new assignment is Chen given in Chapter 37?
3. What was the main reason Ling broke up with Chen?
4. In Chapter 32, Chen is supplied with a receipt for Wu's __________.
5. What final favor does Chen do for Wang?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)