|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Old Hunter discovered in Chapter 26, related to the case?
(a) Wu's location the night of the murder.
(b) Guan's affair.
(c) Where the caviar came from.
(d) Guan's destinatino the night of the murder.
2. Who do Yu and Chen relay information about the case between?
3. What does Chen receive from Xie before Chen reveals that he is a cop?
(a) A Japanese foot massage.
(b) She shares a secret with him.
(c) A slap in the face.
(d) The name of a witness.
4. Who takes Chen to take a few days off in Chapter 33?
(a) Secretary Li.
(d) Chen's mother.
5. Why does Chen want to see Guo Qiang?
(a) Because he murdered Guan.
(b) Because he did not show up for work for Chen.
(c) Because he provided Wu's alibi.
(d) Because he submitted a report against Chen.
6. What did the first woman Yu interviews in Chapter 25 find that Wu keeps, which caused her to stop seeing him?
(a) A diary, detailing their sexual relationship.
(b) Articles of clothing from other women he's been with.
(c) Old girlfriends' phone numbers.
(d) Naked pictures of all the women he's been with.
7. When Xie and Guan got in a physical altercation over Wu, whose side did Wu take?
(b) He refused to take sides.
(d) It is not revealed.
8. What does Chen and Ling's relationship feel like when they reconnect in the hotel?
(c) Like they never parted.
9. Who does Chen see while leaving his hotel at the end of the book, and promises to speak with again soon?
10. Who does Chen hire as his adviser in his new role in Chapter 38?
(b) Old Hunter.
(d) Dr. Xia.
11. What happens to Wu after his trial?
(a) He is executed.
(b) He receives life in prison.
(c) He receives 30 years in solidary confinement.
(d) He receives 50 years in jail.
12. What is Ling wearing when she first shows up at Chen's hotel room?
(a) Slacks and a blouse.
(b) A dress.
(c) Jeans and a t-shirt.
(d) A bathrobe.
13. Why does Yu have a hard time relaying to Chen the new information about the case he receives?
(a) Yu is too afraid of getting caught and fired.
(b) They can't appear to be working on the case.
(c) Chen refuses to listen to him.
(d) They are in different countries.
14. What is Chen prepared to do if his meeting with Li does not end with justice?
(b) Move out of the country.
(c) Punch Li.
15. How does Chen's mother feel about his career?
(a) She discourages Chen in his career.
(b) She is very proud of Chen's career.
(c) She feels his career is too dangerous.
(d) She worries about his happiness in his career.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Guo Qiang work for?
2. What has Ling orchestrated to get Chen out of trouble in Chapter 37?
3. What is concerning to Secretary Li and Internal Security about the case?
4. What new assignment is Chen given in Chapter 37?
5. Why did Li end the case without letting Chen know?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)