|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ouyang plan to ask to help Chen find Xie?
(a) His customers.
(b) His co-workers.
(d) His boss.
2. At the end of the book, Chen finally realizes that all he can rely on in his work is his own _______ and conscientiousness.
3. Old Hunter assigned to patrol whose neighborhood Chapter 38?
(c) Secretary Li's.
4. What does the message left of Chen in Chapter 28 summon him to do?
(a) Come back to the office.
(b) Turn in his police badge.
(c) Get out of town.
(d) Meet someone at a local restaurant.
5. What was Guan and the man doing when one of Old Hunter's sources saw them interacting?
6. What new assignment is Chen given in Chapter 37?
(a) Director of Beijing Bullet Train.
(b) Director of Claims at the Shanghai Police Department.
(c) Director of Shanghai Metropolitan Traffic Control.
(d) Commissioner of Shanghai Transportation Department.
7. What does Chen receive from Xie before Chen reveals that he is a cop?
(a) The name of a witness.
(b) She shares a secret with him.
(c) A Japanese foot massage.
(d) A slap in the face.
8. In Chapter 32, Chen is supplied with a receipt for Wu's __________.
(a) Gas purchase.
(c) Photo paper.
(d) Dark room lights.
9. Chen is also given a tape in Chapter 32; what is on that tape?
(a) Yu's interview with Wu.
(b) Wu's confession to the crime.
(c) A secret message from Guan.
(d) Yu's interview with the new witness.
10. What final favor does Chen do for Wang?
(a) Sends her a fairwell note.
(b) Puchases her plane tickets.
(c) Sends her some money.
(d) Gets her passport application approved quickly.
11. What does Chen's new assignment in Chapter 37 appear on the surface to be?
(a) A demotion.
(b) A distraction.
(c) A promotion.
(d) An odd assignment for him.
12. Whose information does the first woman Yu interviews in Chapter 25 give Yu to interview next?
(a) Jiang Wehe.
(b) Ning Jing.
(c) Xei Rong.
(d) Han Lee.
13. What is Chen prepared to do if his meeting with Li does not end with justice?
(a) Punch Li.
(b) Move out of the country.
14. What does Chen realize Guan had tried to do to Wu?
(a) Break up with him.
(b) Expose him.
(c) Blackmail him.
(d) Kill him.
15. Why does Chen pick the establishment that he does in Chapter 31 for him and the Americans to dine?
(a) To get a closer look at the caviar.
(b) It is Wu's favorite restaurant.
(c) He thought they would appreciate American food.
(d) To see if he has any messages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one reason Ling broke up with Chen?
2. Who does Director Yao want Chen to hand the case over to?
3. Where is Chen when Old Hunter calls him in Chapter 26?
4. How does Chen's mother feel about his career?
5. What did the second woman Yu interviews in Chapter 25 hope Wu would do to his wife?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)