|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ling wearing when she first shows up at Chen's hotel room?
(a) Slacks and a blouse.
(b) A bathrobe.
(c) A dress.
(d) Jeans and a t-shirt.
2. What happens to Wu after his trial?
(a) He receives life in prison.
(b) He receives 30 years in solidary confinement.
(c) He is executed.
(d) He receives 50 years in jail.
3. What was Xie's relationship with Wu?
(a) A short fling.
(b) They dated several years.
(c) They were married.
(d) They were engaged.
4. Chen wonders if a motive for the murder was Guan finding _____________.
(a) Wu with another woman.
(b) Wu's obscene photos.
(c) Wu's family secret.
(d) Wu's book of other women's phone numbers.
5. What was one reason Ling broke up with Chen?
(a) She wanted to move to Australia for a year.
(b) She wanted to move to America for a year.
(c) She didn't think he would make a good husband.
(d) She met someone else.
6. Who informs Chen that Secretary Li is protecting him from the Party?
(b) Little Zhou.
7. What do Ling and Chen share a love of?
8. What is Chen prepared to do if his meeting with Li does not end with justice?
(a) Punch Li.
(d) Move out of the country.
9. What does Li announce at his meeting with Chen in Chapter 39 that takes Chen completely by surprise?
(a) The case will be discontinued.
(b) The case is concluded and Wu has been arrested.
(c) The case is concluded, and the murerer is not Wu.
(d) Wu is dead, so the case is concluded.
10. What is Old Hunter's job?
(a) Store owner.
(d) Traffic patroller.
11. What did the second woman Yu interviews in Chapter 25 hope Wu would do to his wife?
(a) Divorce her.
(b) Forget her.
(c) Go back to her.
(d) Introduce them.
12. When Xie and Guan got in a physical altercation over Wu, whose side did Wu take?
(a) It is not revealed.
(d) He refused to take sides.
13. Why does Yu have a hard time relaying to Chen the new information about the case he receives?
(a) They are in different countries.
(b) They can't appear to be working on the case.
(c) Yu is too afraid of getting caught and fired.
(d) Chen refuses to listen to him.
14. Why does Chen pick the establishment that he does in Chapter 31 for him and the Americans to dine?
(a) To get a closer look at the caviar.
(b) He thought they would appreciate American food.
(c) To see if he has any messages.
(d) It is Wu's favorite restaurant.
15. Who asks Chen to introduce them for Party membership?
(a) Dr. Xia.
(b) Chen's mother.
(c) Little Zhou.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ling orchestrated to get Chen out of trouble in Chapter 37?
2. Where is Chen when Old Hunter calls him in Chapter 26?
3. When did Chen and Ling date?
4. Where is the package that Chen receives in Chapter 34 from?
5. What Chen surprised to learn upon meeting Xie for the first time?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)