|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Old Hunter warn Chen about in Chapter 26?
(a) He is being watched.
(b) There is a warrant out for his arrest.
(c) Don't go home that night.
(d) Be careful who he interviews.
2. What has Old Hunter discovered in Chapter 26, related to the case?
(a) Guan's destinatino the night of the murder.
(b) Guan's affair.
(c) Wu's location the night of the murder.
(d) Where the caviar came from.
3. What is Yu temporarily reassigned to in Chapter 33?
(a) Look after visiting American writers.
(b) Vacation time.
(c) A different murder case.
(d) Security at a conference.
4. Who takes Chen to take a few days off in Chapter 33?
(a) Secretary Li.
(c) Chen's mother.
5. When Chen calls Li and tells him what happened with Gui Qiang, when does Li say they will meet to discuss it further?
(b) That night.
(c) The next day.
(d) Next week.
6. Who does Chen hire as his adviser in his new role in Chapter 38?
(a) Old Hunter.
(c) Dr. Xia.
7. Who informs Chen that Secretary Li is protecting him from the Party?
(a) Little Zhou.
8. What is Ling wearing when she first shows up at Chen's hotel room?
(a) Jeans and a t-shirt.
(b) A dress.
(c) A bathrobe.
(d) Slacks and a blouse.
9. How does Li refer to Chen's investigation methods?
10. What final favor does Chen do for Wang?
(a) Sends her some money.
(b) Sends her a fairwell note.
(c) Gets her passport application approved quickly.
(d) Puchases her plane tickets.
11. Where do Chen and Peiqin meet in Chapter 32?
(a) The laundrymat.
(b) Chen's apartment.
(c) Lu's restaurant.
(d) A karaoke party.
12. When the Americans in Chapter 31 suggest that Chen pick a restaurant for them to dine in, where does Chen pick?
(a) The Red Heroine.
(b) Lu's restaurnat.
(c) A waterfront place that sells caviar.
(d) An American style restaurant.
13. Whose information does the first woman Yu interviews in Chapter 25 give Yu to interview next?
(a) Xei Rong.
(b) Ning Jing.
(c) Jiang Wehe.
(d) Han Lee.
14. Who asks Chen to introduce them for Party membership?
(a) Chen's mother.
(c) Dr. Xia.
(d) Little Zhou.
15. Why did Li end the case without letting Chen know?
(a) To protect Chen from retaliation by Wu's people.
(b) Li didn't think Chen could do it.
(c) Li does not like Chen.
(d) Li plans to fire Chen.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Ling and Chen reconnect, what does he do while she sleeps?
2. Who does Director Yao want Chen to hand the case over to?
3. Who does Ouyang plan to ask to help Chen find Xie?
4. What did Guan see as her main obstacle in being with Wu permanently?
5. When Chen returns to Guan's dormitory in Chapter 36, what does he look behind and finally find the motive for the murder?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)