|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Chen be reassigned to do in Chapter 33?
(a) Vacation time.
(b) Security at a conference.
(c) Look after visiting American writers.
(d) A different murder case.
2. When the Americans in Chapter 31 suggest that Chen pick a restaurant for them to dine in, where does Chen pick?
(a) Lu's restaurnat.
(b) The Red Heroine.
(c) An American style restaurant.
(d) A waterfront place that sells caviar.
3. Where does Chen go to look for Xie?
4. What does Chen and Ling's relationship feel like when they reconnect in the hotel?
(c) Like they never parted.
5. What does Li announce at his meeting with Chen in Chapter 39 that takes Chen completely by surprise?
(a) The case is concluded and Wu has been arrested.
(b) Wu is dead, so the case is concluded.
(c) The case will be discontinued.
(d) The case is concluded, and the murerer is not Wu.
6. Who is Chen surprised to see at his meeting with Li in Chapter 39?
(c) Dr. Xia.
(d) All answers are correct.
7. How does Li refer to Chen's investigation methods?
8. What happens to Wu after his trial?
(a) He receives 50 years in jail.
(b) He receives 30 years in solidary confinement.
(c) He receives life in prison.
(d) He is executed.
9. Who do Yu and Chen relay information about the case between?
10. Where does Chen tell Peiqin to leave him messages?
(a) Lu's apartment.
(b) Chen's apartment.
(c) Lu's restaurant.
(d) Through Yu.
11. What is Ling wearing when she first shows up at Chen's hotel room?
(a) A bathrobe.
(b) Slacks and a blouse.
(c) A dress.
(d) Jeans and a t-shirt.
12. At the end of the book, Chen finally realizes that all he can rely on in his work is his own _______ and conscientiousness.
13. When Chen calls Li and tells him what happened with Gui Qiang, when does Li say they will meet to discuss it further?
(a) The next day.
(c) That night.
(d) Next week.
14. Chen is also given a tape in Chapter 32; what is on that tape?
(a) Wu's confession to the crime.
(b) Yu's interview with the new witness.
(c) Yu's interview with Wu.
(d) A secret message from Guan.
15. What final favor does Chen do for Wang?
(a) Sends her some money.
(b) Sends her a fairwell note.
(c) Puchases her plane tickets.
(d) Gets her passport application approved quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Old Hunter warn Chen about in Chapter 26?
2. Where is Chen when Old Hunter calls him in Chapter 26?
3. What does the message left of Chen in Chapter 28 summon him to do?
4. What type of relationship did the first woman Yu interviews in Chapter 25 have with Wu?
5. Why does Chen pick the establishment that he does in Chapter 31 for him and the Americans to dine?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)