|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 32, Chen learns of a new witness who has stepped forward. Where did that witness see Wu the night of the murder?
(a) Driving toward Beijing.
(b) At Lu's restaurant.
(c) At Guan's apartment building.
(d) Near the canal.
2. Who followed Chen in Guangzhou?
(c) Internal Security.
3. Where did one of Old Hunter's sources see Guan interacting with a man on the night of her murder?
(a) In a car.
(b) In a public park.
(c) Outside of Wu's house.
(d) In a restaraunt.
4. Who does Guo Qiang work for?
(b) Old Hunter.
(c) Internal Security.
5. Who does Chen hire as his adviser in his new role in Chapter 38?
(a) Old Hunter.
(c) Dr. Xia.
6. In Chapter 32, Chen is supplied with a receipt for Wu's __________.
(a) Gas purchase.
(c) Dark room lights.
(d) Photo paper.
7. What is Chen told to do to the investigation in Chapter 29?
(a) Solve it by whatever means necessary.
(b) Suspend it.
(c) Take the investigation undercover.
(d) Resolve it as quickly as possible.
8. What does Chen and Ling's relationship feel like when they reconnect in the hotel?
(b) Like they never parted.
9. What does Li announce at his meeting with Chen in Chapter 39 that takes Chen completely by surprise?
(a) The case is concluded, and the murerer is not Wu.
(b) The case is concluded and Wu has been arrested.
(c) Wu is dead, so the case is concluded.
(d) The case will be discontinued.
10. Who calls the bureau in Chapter 37 looking for Chen?
(a) Chen's mother.
11. What did Guan see as her main obstacle in being with Wu permanently?
(a) He wasn't of the same social level.
(b) Wu was married.
(c) She didn't love him.
(d) He wasn't faithful.
12. Who leaves a message for Chen in Chapter 28?
(d) Secretary Li.
13. When Xie and Guan got in a physical altercation over Wu, whose side did Wu take?
(b) He refused to take sides.
(d) It is not revealed.
14. Why did Li end the case without letting Chen know?
(a) To protect Chen from retaliation by Wu's people.
(b) Li does not like Chen.
(c) Li didn't think Chen could do it.
(d) Li plans to fire Chen.
15. At the end of the book, Chen finally realizes that all he can rely on in his work is his own _______ and conscientiousness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Minster Wen Jiezi?
2. How does Chen respond to Wang's late-night phone call and offer to come over in Chapter 29?
3. Chen is also given a tape in Chapter 32; what is on that tape?
4. Who is the first woman Yu visits in Chapter 25 to inquire about her relationship with Wu?
5. What do Ling and Chen share a love of?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)