|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Chen be reassigned to do in Chapter 33?
(a) Look after visiting American writers.
(b) Security at a conference.
(c) A different murder case.
(d) Vacation time.
2. What is concerning to Secretary Li and Internal Security about the case?
(a) Wu's safety.
(b) Chen's safety.
(c) The lack of motive.
(d) All answers are correct.
3. Who takes Chen to take a few days off in Chapter 33?
(a) Chen's mother.
(c) Secretary Li.
4. What does Chen receive from Xie before Chen reveals that he is a cop?
(a) She shares a secret with him.
(b) A Japanese foot massage.
(c) A slap in the face.
(d) The name of a witness.
5. Why did Li end the case without letting Chen know?
(a) To protect Chen from retaliation by Wu's people.
(b) Li didn't think Chen could do it.
(c) Li plans to fire Chen.
(d) Li does not like Chen.
6. Where is Chen when Old Hunter calls him in Chapter 26?
(a) His office.
(b) His apartment.
(c) His mother's apartment.
(d) A restaurant.
7. What new assignment is Chen given in Chapter 37?
(a) Director of Claims at the Shanghai Police Department.
(b) Commissioner of Shanghai Transportation Department.
(c) Director of Beijing Bullet Train.
(d) Director of Shanghai Metropolitan Traffic Control.
8. Who does Director Yao want Chen to hand the case over to?
(a) International Security.
(b) Internal Security.
9. Who does Ouyang plan to ask to help Chen find Xie?
(b) His boss.
(c) His co-workers.
(d) His customers.
10. Who leaves a message for Chen in Chapter 28?
(c) Secretary Li.
11. Who does Chen see while leaving his hotel at the end of the book, and promises to speak with again soon?
12. When Chen calls Li and tells him what happened with Gui Qiang, when does Li say they will meet to discuss it further?
(b) Next week.
(c) The next day.
(d) That night.
13. What is Chen prepared to do if his meeting with Li does not end with justice?
(a) Punch Li.
(b) Move out of the country.
14. Who is Minster Wen Jiezi?
(a) Head of the Shanghai mafia.
(b) Wu's uncle.
(c) Ling's fiance.
(d) Head of the Security Department.
15. What does the message left of Chen in Chapter 28 summon him to do?
(a) Meet someone at a local restaurant.
(b) Get out of town.
(c) Turn in his police badge.
(d) Come back to the office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Old Hunter discovered in Chapter 26, related to the case?
2. What does Chen realize Guan had tried to do to Wu?
3. Where do Chen and Xie talk about the case?
4. What does Guo Qiang say or do to Chen?
5. What Chen surprised to learn upon meeting Xie for the first time?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)