|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Ling and Chen reconnect, what does he do while she sleeps?
(a) Writes poetry.
(b) Works on the case.
(c) Watches her.
2. In Chen's new position in Chapter 37, who does he no longer need to report to?
(c) Old Hunter.
3. Who calls the bureau in Chapter 37 looking for Chen?
(a) Chen's mother.
4. What does Chen realize Guan had tried to do to Wu?
(a) Expose him.
(b) Blackmail him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Break up with him.
5. Chen is also given a tape in Chapter 32; what is on that tape?
(a) A secret message from Guan.
(b) Yu's interview with Wu.
(c) Wu's confession to the crime.
(d) Yu's interview with the new witness.
6. What has Ling orchestrated to get Chen out of trouble in Chapter 37?
(a) A plane ticket to America.
(b) Chen's fake death.
(c) His promotion.
(d) A plane ticket to Beijing.
7. Where does Chen stay while looking for Xie?
(a) A hostel.
(b) A motel.
(c) A hotel.
(d) With a friend.
8. What is Yu temporarily reassigned to in Chapter 33?
(a) Vacation time.
(b) A different murder case.
(c) Look after visiting American writers.
(d) Security at a conference.
9. What is concerning to Secretary Li and Internal Security about the case?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Wu's safety.
(c) Chen's safety.
(d) The lack of motive.
10. What does Guo Qiang say or do to Chen?
(a) He refuses to speak.
(b) He confesses.
(c) He screams at Chen.
(d) He punches Chen.
11. When did Chen and Ling date?
(b) When Chen first moved to Beijing.
(c) In the military.
(d) High school.
12. What was Xie's relationship with Wu?
(a) They were married.
(b) A short fling.
(c) They dated several years.
(d) They were engaged.
13. Who asks Chen to introduce them for Party membership?
(a) Chen's mother.
(b) Dr. Xia.
(d) Little Zhou.
14. What does Chen receive from Xie before Chen reveals that he is a cop?
(a) She shares a secret with him.
(b) A Japanese foot massage.
(c) A slap in the face.
(d) The name of a witness.
15. Who does Director Yao want Chen to hand the case over to?
(c) Internal Security.
(d) International Security.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chen returns to Guan's dormitory in Chapter 36, what does he look behind and finally find the motive for the murder?
2. Where does Chen go to look for Xie?
3. What is Chen told to do to the investigation in Chapter 29?
4. What is Ling wearing when she first shows up at Chen's hotel room?
5. Why does Chen want to see Guo Qiang?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)