|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Chen go to look for Xie?
2. Where is the package that Chen receives in Chapter 34 from?
(a) It is not marked.
3. Where do Chen and Peiqin meet in Chapter 32?
(a) Chen's apartment.
(b) The laundrymat.
(c) Lu's restaurant.
(d) A karaoke party.
4. What new assignment is Chen given in Chapter 37?
(a) Director of Beijing Bullet Train.
(b) Commissioner of Shanghai Transportation Department.
(c) Director of Claims at the Shanghai Police Department.
(d) Director of Shanghai Metropolitan Traffic Control.
5. Why does Chen want to see Guo Qiang?
(a) Because he provided Wu's alibi.
(b) Because he murdered Guan.
(c) Because he submitted a report against Chen.
(d) Because he did not show up for work for Chen.
6. When did Chen and Ling date?
(b) In the military.
(c) When Chen first moved to Beijing.
(d) High school.
7. When Chen returns to Guan's dormitory in Chapter 36, what does he look behind and finally find the motive for the murder?
(a) A large wooden desk.
(b) A loose floor tile.
(c) A poster of a Chinese leader.
(d) A painting on the wall.
8. Who does Chen visit in Chapter 27, when he is feeling paranoid and discouraged?
(b) A counselor.
(d) His mother.
9. What is Old Hunter's job?
(b) Traffic patroller.
(d) Store owner.
10. What does Li announce at his meeting with Chen in Chapter 39 that takes Chen completely by surprise?
(a) The case will be discontinued.
(b) Wu is dead, so the case is concluded.
(c) The case is concluded and Wu has been arrested.
(d) The case is concluded, and the murerer is not Wu.
11. What does Chen's new assignment in Chapter 37 appear on the surface to be?
(a) A distraction.
(b) A demotion.
(c) An odd assignment for him.
(d) A promotion.
12. Who is the first woman Yu visits in Chapter 25 to inquire about her relationship with Wu?
(a) Han Lee.
(b) Xei Rong.
(c) Jiang Wehe.
(d) Ning Jing.
13. What is concerning to Secretary Li and Internal Security about the case?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) The lack of motive.
(c) Chen's safety.
(d) Wu's safety.
14. Where do Chen and Xie talk about the case?
(a) Over dinner.
(b) Over coffee.
(c) Over lunch.
(d) In a hotel room.
15. After Ling and Chen reconnect, what does he do while she sleeps?
(b) Works on the case.
(c) Watches her.
(d) Writes poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Americans in Chapter 31 suggest that Chen pick a restaurant for them to dine in, where does Chen pick?
2. What is Chen prepared to do if his meeting with Li does not end with justice?
3. Old Hunter assigned to patrol whose neighborhood Chapter 38?
4. Who is Minster Wen Jiezi?
5. What does the person Chen visits in Chapter 27 think about his actions with Wang?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)