|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What final favor does Chen do for Wang?
(a) Sends her some money.
(b) Puchases her plane tickets.
(c) Gets her passport application approved quickly.
(d) Sends her a fairwell note.
2. What does Guo Qiang say or do to Chen?
(a) He screams at Chen.
(b) He refuses to speak.
(c) He punches Chen.
(d) He confesses.
3. Why does Chen pick the establishment that he does in Chapter 31 for him and the Americans to dine?
(a) To get a closer look at the caviar.
(b) To see if he has any messages.
(c) He thought they would appreciate American food.
(d) It is Wu's favorite restaurant.
4. In Chen's new position in Chapter 37, who does he no longer need to report to?
(d) Old Hunter.
5. What is Chen prepared to do if his meeting with Li does not end with justice?
(a) Move out of the country.
(c) Punch Li.
6. What did the second woman Yu interviews in Chapter 25 want to do with Wu?
(a) Be his manager.
(c) Start a business.
(d) Get married.
7. What does Chen realize Guan had tried to do to Wu?
(a) Blackmail him.
(b) Break up with him.
(c) Expose him.
(d) Kill him.
8. Where do Chen and Xie talk about the case?
(a) In a hotel room.
(b) Over lunch.
(c) Over coffee.
(d) Over dinner.
9. What did Guan see as her main obstacle in being with Wu permanently?
(a) He wasn't faithful.
(b) Wu was married.
(c) She didn't love him.
(d) He wasn't of the same social level.
10. Why did Li end the case without letting Chen know?
(a) To protect Chen from retaliation by Wu's people.
(b) Li didn't think Chen could do it.
(c) Li does not like Chen.
(d) Li plans to fire Chen.
11. In Chapter 32, Chen is supplied with a receipt for Wu's __________.
(a) Gas purchase.
(b) Photo paper.
(d) Dark room lights.
12. What has Old Hunter discovered in Chapter 26, related to the case?
(a) Wu's location the night of the murder.
(b) Guan's affair.
(c) Where the caviar came from.
(d) Guan's destinatino the night of the murder.
13. Who does Chen find out was arrested in Chapter 33?
14. Who is Chen surprised to see at his meeting with Li in Chapter 39?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Dr. Xia.
15. What new assignment is Chen given in Chapter 37?
(a) Director of Shanghai Metropolitan Traffic Control.
(b) Director of Beijing Bullet Train.
(c) Director of Claims at the Shanghai Police Department.
(d) Commissioner of Shanghai Transportation Department.
Short Answer Questions
1. While on the phone in Chapter 31, what do Peiqin and Chen realize?
2. Who does Chen hire as his adviser in his new role in Chapter 38?
3. Why does Chen want to see Guo Qiang?
4. Old Hunter assigned to patrol whose neighborhood Chapter 38?
5. What type of relationship did the first woman Yu interviews in Chapter 25 have with Wu?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)