|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ling wearing when she first shows up at Chen's hotel room?
(a) Slacks and a blouse.
(b) Jeans and a t-shirt.
(c) A bathrobe.
(d) A dress.
2. What does Guo Qiang say or do to Chen?
(a) He confesses.
(b) He punches Chen.
(c) He refuses to speak.
(d) He screams at Chen.
3. Chen is also given a tape in Chapter 32; what is on that tape?
(a) Yu's interview with Wu.
(b) Yu's interview with the new witness.
(c) A secret message from Guan.
(d) Wu's confession to the crime.
4. Where is the package that Chen receives in Chapter 34 from?
(a) It is not marked.
5. What sort of image does the second woman Yu interviews paint of Wu?
(a) He is a serial womanizer.
(b) He is a free spirit.
(c) He is a hopeless romantic.
(d) He has a split personality.
6. What final favor does Chen do for Wang?
(a) Sends her some money.
(b) Puchases her plane tickets.
(c) Gets her passport application approved quickly.
(d) Sends her a fairwell note.
7. What was Guan and the man doing when one of Old Hunter's sources saw them interacting?
8. What does Li announce at his meeting with Chen in Chapter 39 that takes Chen completely by surprise?
(a) Wu is dead, so the case is concluded.
(b) The case is concluded and Wu has been arrested.
(c) The case is concluded, and the murerer is not Wu.
(d) The case will be discontinued.
9. What does the message left of Chen in Chapter 28 summon him to do?
(a) Meet someone at a local restaurant.
(b) Come back to the office.
(c) Turn in his police badge.
(d) Get out of town.
10. Where does Chen go to look for Xie?
11. What is Director Yao the director of?
(a) The Party Discipline Committee.
(b) It is not stated.
(c) High Cadres' Children.
(d) Chen's police force.
12. When Chen returns to Guan's dormitory in Chapter 36, what does he look behind and finally find the motive for the murder?
(a) A large wooden desk.
(b) A poster of a Chinese leader.
(c) A painting on the wall.
(d) A loose floor tile.
13. Where does Chen end up after wandering the streets at night in Chapter 29?
(a) He gets lost.
(b) Wang's apartment.
(c) A post office.
(d) A small diner.
14. What Chen surprised to learn upon meeting Xie for the first time?
(a) She is in her 40s.
(b) She is American.
(c) She is in her 50s.
(d) She is a prostitute.
15. What is Ouyang's profession?
(c) Government employee.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Xie and Guan got in a physical altercation over Wu, whose side did Wu take?
2. What does Chen receive from Xie before Chen reveals that he is a cop?
3. In Chapter 32, Chen learns of a new witness who has stepped forward. Where did that witness see Wu the night of the murder?
4. What new assignment is Chen given in Chapter 37?
5. Who followed Chen in Guangzhou?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)