|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Chen and Peiqin meet in Chapter 32?
(a) Chen's apartment.
(b) Lu's restaurant.
(c) The laundrymat.
(d) A karaoke party.
2. Why does Chen pick the establishment that he does in Chapter 31 for him and the Americans to dine?
(a) To get a closer look at the caviar.
(b) It is Wu's favorite restaurant.
(c) He thought they would appreciate American food.
(d) To see if he has any messages.
3. What happens to Wu after his trial?
(a) He receives life in prison.
(b) He receives 50 years in jail.
(c) He receives 30 years in solidary confinement.
(d) He is executed.
4. Old Hunter assigned to patrol whose neighborhood Chapter 38?
(d) Secretary Li's.
5. Who does Chen see while leaving his hotel at the end of the book, and promises to speak with again soon?
6. When Chen calls Li and tells him what happened with Gui Qiang, when does Li say they will meet to discuss it further?
(a) That night.
(b) The next day.
(d) Next week.
7. What does Guo Qiang say or do to Chen?
(a) He punches Chen.
(b) He refuses to speak.
(c) He confesses.
(d) He screams at Chen.
8. Where does Chen end up after wandering the streets at night in Chapter 29?
(a) He gets lost.
(b) A small diner.
(c) A post office.
(d) Wang's apartment.
9. What is Old Hunter's job?
(a) Store owner.
(d) Traffic patroller.
10. At the end of the book, Chen finally realizes that all he can rely on in his work is his own _______ and conscientiousness.
11. Who informs Chen that Secretary Li is protecting him from the Party?
(b) Little Zhou.
12. What was Xie's relationship with Wu?
(a) They dated several years.
(b) They were engaged.
(c) A short fling.
(d) They were married.
13. Who is Minster Wen Jiezi?
(a) Wu's uncle.
(b) Ling's fiance.
(c) Head of the Shanghai mafia.
(d) Head of the Security Department.
14. Where does Chen return to at the beginning of Chapter 33?
(a) Lu's restaurant.
(b) His office.
(c) The karoake party.
(d) His apartment.
15. What did the first woman Yu interviews in Chapter 25 find that Wu keeps, which caused her to stop seeing him?
(a) Old girlfriends' phone numbers.
(b) Articles of clothing from other women he's been with.
(c) Naked pictures of all the women he's been with.
(d) A diary, detailing their sexual relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Chen go to look for Xie?
2. Where does Chen tell Peiqin to leave him messages?
3. What did Guan see as her main obstacle in being with Wu permanently?
4. Where did one of Old Hunter's sources see Guan interacting with a man on the night of her murder?
5. Who does Chen find out was arrested in Chapter 33?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)