|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Guo Qiang work for?
(c) Internal Security.
(d) Old Hunter.
2. What did the second woman Yu interviews in Chapter 25 hope Wu would do to his wife?
(a) Divorce her.
(b) Forget her.
(c) Introduce them.
(d) Go back to her.
3. When Chen returns to Guan's dormitory in Chapter 36, what does he look behind and finally find the motive for the murder?
(a) A poster of a Chinese leader.
(b) A large wooden desk.
(c) A loose floor tile.
(d) A painting on the wall.
4. At the end of the book, Chen finally realizes that all he can rely on in his work is his own _______ and conscientiousness.
5. In Chen's new position in Chapter 37, who does he no longer need to report to?
(d) Old Hunter.
6. What final favor does Chen do for Wang?
(a) Gets her passport application approved quickly.
(b) Puchases her plane tickets.
(c) Sends her some money.
(d) Sends her a fairwell note.
7. What was one reason Ling broke up with Chen?
(a) She didn't think he would make a good husband.
(b) She wanted to move to America for a year.
(c) She met someone else.
(d) She wanted to move to Australia for a year.
8. Who is Guo Qiang?
(a) Ling's boyfriend.
(b) The man selected to replace Chen on the case.
(c) The man providing Wu's alibi for the night of the murder.
(d) A goverment official who interferes with the case.
9. What Chen surprised to learn upon meeting Xie for the first time?
(a) She is American.
(b) She is in her 50s.
(c) She is in her 40s.
(d) She is a prostitute.
10. What has Ling orchestrated to get Chen out of trouble in Chapter 37?
(a) His promotion.
(b) Chen's fake death.
(c) A plane ticket to Beijing.
(d) A plane ticket to America.
11. What type of relationship did the first woman Yu interviews in Chapter 25 have with Wu?
(a) Purely sexual.
(b) He was in love with her, but she was not in love with him.
(c) She was in love with him, but he was not in love with her.
(d) They were engaged.
12. How does Li refer to Chen's investigation methods?
13. Who calls the bureau in Chapter 37 looking for Chen?
(a) Chen's mother.
14. Why does Yu have a hard time relaying to Chen the new information about the case he receives?
(a) They can't appear to be working on the case.
(b) They are in different countries.
(c) Yu is too afraid of getting caught and fired.
(d) Chen refuses to listen to him.
15. Who is the first woman Yu visits in Chapter 25 to inquire about her relationship with Wu?
(a) Ning Jing.
(b) Jiang Wehe.
(c) Han Lee.
(d) Xei Rong.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chen respond to Wang's late-night phone call and offer to come over in Chapter 29?
2. Who asks Chen to introduce them for Party membership?
3. Where is the package that Chen receives in Chapter 34 from?
4. What was the main reason Ling broke up with Chen?
5. Why does Chen pick the establishment that he does in Chapter 31 for him and the Americans to dine?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)