|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Chen find out was arrested in Chapter 33?
2. Who informs Chen that Secretary Li is protecting him from the Party?
(a) Little Zhou.
3. When Chen calls Li and tells him what happened with Gui Qiang, when does Li say they will meet to discuss it further?
(a) That night.
(c) Next week.
(d) The next day.
4. What did the second woman Yu interviews in Chapter 25 hope Wu would do to his wife?
(a) Divorce her.
(b) Forget her.
(c) Go back to her.
(d) Introduce them.
5. What is Ouyang's profession?
(b) Government employee.
6. Who does Director Yao want Chen to hand the case over to?
(a) Internal Security.
(c) International Security.
7. What does Chen receive from Xie before Chen reveals that he is a cop?
(a) The name of a witness.
(b) A slap in the face.
(c) A Japanese foot massage.
(d) She shares a secret with him.
8. Who does Chen visit in Chapter 27, when he is feeling paranoid and discouraged?
(a) A counselor.
(c) His mother.
9. What does Li announce at his meeting with Chen in Chapter 39 that takes Chen completely by surprise?
(a) The case will be discontinued.
(b) The case is concluded, and the murerer is not Wu.
(c) Wu is dead, so the case is concluded.
(d) The case is concluded and Wu has been arrested.
10. Why did Li end the case without letting Chen know?
(a) To protect Chen from retaliation by Wu's people.
(b) Li plans to fire Chen.
(c) Li didn't think Chen could do it.
(d) Li does not like Chen.
11. What key piece of evidence was not used in Wu's trial?
(a) The car.
(b) A witness.
(c) The gun.
12. What does Chen and Ling's relationship feel like when they reconnect in the hotel?
(c) Like they never parted.
13. What is Chen informed in Chapter 28 has been filed against him?
(a) A complaint.
(b) A lawsuit.
(c) A report.
(d) A restraining order.
14. Who do Yu and Chen relay information about the case between?
15. When did Chen and Ling date?
(a) High school.
(b) When Chen first moved to Beijing.
(c) In the military.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did one of Old Hunter's sources see Guan interacting with a man on the night of her murder?
2. Who is the first woman Yu visits in Chapter 25 to inquire about her relationship with Wu?
3. Who calls the bureau in Chapter 37 looking for Chen?
4. What does Guo Qiang say or do to Chen?
5. What is Old Hunter's job?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)