|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Chen return to at the beginning of Chapter 33?
(a) His office.
(b) His apartment.
(c) The karoake party.
(d) Lu's restaurant.
2. Who do Yu and Chen relay information about the case between?
3. Who does Chen visit in Chapter 27, when he is feeling paranoid and discouraged?
(a) His mother.
(d) A counselor.
4. What does Chen's new assignment in Chapter 37 appear on the surface to be?
(a) A demotion.
(b) A distraction.
(c) An odd assignment for him.
(d) A promotion.
5. What new assignment is Chen given in Chapter 37?
(a) Director of Claims at the Shanghai Police Department.
(b) Director of Beijing Bullet Train.
(c) Commissioner of Shanghai Transportation Department.
(d) Director of Shanghai Metropolitan Traffic Control.
6. What Chen surprised to learn upon meeting Xie for the first time?
(a) She is in her 40s.
(b) She is a prostitute.
(c) She is American.
(d) She is in her 50s.
7. Where is the package that Chen receives in Chapter 34 from?
(c) It is not marked.
8. What is Ouyang's profession?
(a) Government employee.
9. What is Director Yao the director of?
(a) The Party Discipline Committee.
(b) High Cadres' Children.
(c) It is not stated.
(d) Chen's police force.
10. Why does Yu have a hard time relaying to Chen the new information about the case he receives?
(a) Chen refuses to listen to him.
(b) They are in different countries.
(c) Yu is too afraid of getting caught and fired.
(d) They can't appear to be working on the case.
11. What did the first woman Yu interviews in Chapter 25 find that Wu keeps, which caused her to stop seeing him?
(a) Articles of clothing from other women he's been with.
(b) A diary, detailing their sexual relationship.
(c) Naked pictures of all the women he's been with.
(d) Old girlfriends' phone numbers.
12. Who does Chen see while leaving his hotel at the end of the book, and promises to speak with again soon?
13. Who does Chen hire as his adviser in his new role in Chapter 38?
(a) Dr. Xia.
(c) Old Hunter.
14. Where does Chen tell Peiqin to leave him messages?
(a) Lu's restaurant.
(b) Through Yu.
(c) Lu's apartment.
(d) Chen's apartment.
15. In Chapter 32, Chen is supplied with a receipt for Wu's __________.
(a) Gas purchase.
(b) Photo paper.
(d) Dark room lights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of relationship did the first woman Yu interviews in Chapter 25 have with Wu?
2. Who does Chen find out was arrested in Chapter 33?
3. Who does Guo Qiang work for?
4. When Chen returns to Guan's dormitory in Chapter 36, what does he look behind and finally find the motive for the murder?
5. What does Li announce at his meeting with Chen in Chapter 39 that takes Chen completely by surprise?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)