|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Old Hunter's job?
(b) Store owner.
(c) Traffic patroller.
2. Who does Chen find out was arrested in Chapter 33?
3. What is concerning to Secretary Li and Internal Security about the case?
(a) The lack of motive.
(b) Wu's safety.
(c) Chen's safety.
(d) All answers are correct.
4. What sort of visit had Ouyang paid for Chen to have with Xei?
(a) "Half service."
(b) "Massage service."
(c) "Breakfast in bed."
(d) "Full Service."
5. Where does Chen stay while looking for Xie?
(a) A motel.
(b) A hostel.
(c) With a friend.
(d) A hotel.
6. What key piece of evidence was not used in Wu's trial?
(a) The car.
(c) The gun.
(d) A witness.
7. When the Americans in Chapter 31 suggest that Chen pick a restaurant for them to dine in, where does Chen pick?
(a) The Red Heroine.
(b) A waterfront place that sells caviar.
(c) An American style restaurant.
(d) Lu's restaurnat.
8. What has Ling orchestrated to get Chen out of trouble in Chapter 37?
(a) A plane ticket to America.
(b) A plane ticket to Beijing.
(c) His promotion.
(d) Chen's fake death.
9. In Chen's new position in Chapter 37, who does he no longer need to report to?
(a) Old Hunter.
10. What does Chen realize Guan had tried to do to Wu?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Break up with him.
(c) Blackmail him.
(d) Expose him.
11. Who does Chen visit in Chapter 27, when he is feeling paranoid and discouraged?
(c) His mother.
(d) A counselor.
12. Who followed Chen in Guangzhou?
(d) Internal Security.
13. What did the individual who sent the package in Chapter 34 tell Minister Wen?
(a) That Chen is a political and security problem.
(b) That she is Chen's girlfriend.
(c) That Chen murdered Guan.
(d) That Chen must be removed from the case.
14. What does Li announce at his meeting with Chen in Chapter 39 that takes Chen completely by surprise?
(a) The case will be discontinued.
(b) The case is concluded, and the murerer is not Wu.
(c) The case is concluded and Wu has been arrested.
(d) Wu is dead, so the case is concluded.
15. Whose information does the first woman Yu interviews in Chapter 25 give Yu to interview next?
(a) Jiang Wehe.
(b) Xei Rong.
(c) Han Lee.
(d) Ning Jing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of relationship did the first woman Yu interviews in Chapter 25 have with Wu?
2. Who does Chen hire as his adviser in his new role in Chapter 38?
3. Who asks Chen to introduce them for Party membership?
4. What did Guan see as her main obstacle in being with Wu permanently?
5. Where does Chen tell Peiqin to leave him messages?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)