|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Yu have a hard time relaying to Chen the new information about the case he receives?
(a) They are in different countries.
(b) Chen refuses to listen to him.
(c) They can't appear to be working on the case.
(d) Yu is too afraid of getting caught and fired.
2. Why did Li end the case without letting Chen know?
(a) Li didn't think Chen could do it.
(b) Li plans to fire Chen.
(c) Li does not like Chen.
(d) To protect Chen from retaliation by Wu's people.
3. What is Chen informed in Chapter 28 has been filed against him?
(a) A complaint.
(b) A lawsuit.
(c) A restraining order.
(d) A report.
4. While on the phone in Chapter 31, what do Peiqin and Chen realize?
(a) They are in love with one another.
(b) Their conversation is probably being monitored.
(c) They have solve the case.
(d) Yu is setting them up to get arrested.
5. What did the second woman Yu interviews in Chapter 25 want to do with Wu?
(a) Get married.
(b) Be his manager.
(c) Start a business.
6. How does Chen's mother feel about his career?
(a) She is very proud of Chen's career.
(b) She worries about his happiness in his career.
(c) She discourages Chen in his career.
(d) She feels his career is too dangerous.
7. When Chen calls Li and tells him what happened with Gui Qiang, when does Li say they will meet to discuss it further?
(a) The next day.
(b) Next week.
(d) That night.
8. What is Ling wearing when she first shows up at Chen's hotel room?
(a) A bathrobe.
(b) Slacks and a blouse.
(c) Jeans and a t-shirt.
(d) A dress.
9. Who takes Chen to take a few days off in Chapter 33?
(a) Secretary Li.
(d) Chen's mother.
10. Who does Ouyang plan to ask to help Chen find Xie?
(a) His customers.
(b) His boss.
(d) His co-workers.
11. When Chen returns to Guan's dormitory in Chapter 36, what does he look behind and finally find the motive for the murder?
(a) A large wooden desk.
(b) A painting on the wall.
(c) A loose floor tile.
(d) A poster of a Chinese leader.
12. How does Li refer to Chen's investigation methods?
13. How does Chen respond to Wang's late-night phone call and offer to come over in Chapter 29?
(a) He rejects it.
(b) He accepts it.
(c) He yells at her and hangs up.
(d) He cries and says its too hard.
14. Who do Yu and Chen relay information about the case between?
15. Chen is also given a tape in Chapter 32; what is on that tape?
(a) A secret message from Guan.
(b) Yu's interview with Wu.
(c) Wu's confession to the crime.
(d) Yu's interview with the new witness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Old Hunter discovered in Chapter 26, related to the case?
2. Where does Chen go to look for Xie?
3. What is concerning to Secretary Li and Internal Security about the case?
4. Where is the package that Chen receives in Chapter 34 from?
5. What Chen surprised to learn upon meeting Xie for the first time?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)