|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the first woman Yu interviews in Chapter 25 find that Wu keeps, which caused her to stop seeing him?
(a) Naked pictures of all the women he's been with.
(b) Articles of clothing from other women he's been with.
(c) A diary, detailing their sexual relationship.
(d) Old girlfriends' phone numbers.
2. What does the message left of Chen in Chapter 28 summon him to do?
(a) Meet someone at a local restaurant.
(b) Turn in his police badge.
(c) Get out of town.
(d) Come back to the office.
3. Who informs Chen that Secretary Li is protecting him from the Party?
(d) Little Zhou.
4. Who followed Chen in Guangzhou?
(b) Internal Security.
5. Who does Ouyang plan to ask to help Chen find Xie?
(a) His customers.
(c) His boss.
(d) His co-workers.
6. Where does Chen stay while looking for Xie?
(a) With a friend.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A motel.
(d) A hostel.
7. What is Director Yao the director of?
(a) Chen's police force.
(b) The Party Discipline Committee.
(c) High Cadres' Children.
(d) It is not stated.
8. Where is Chen when Old Hunter calls him in Chapter 26?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) His office.
(c) His apartment.
(d) His mother's apartment.
9. What happens to Wu after his trial?
(a) He is executed.
(b) He receives 50 years in jail.
(c) He receives 30 years in solidary confinement.
(d) He receives life in prison.
10. When the Americans in Chapter 31 suggest that Chen pick a restaurant for them to dine in, where does Chen pick?
(a) A waterfront place that sells caviar.
(b) An American style restaurant.
(c) Lu's restaurnat.
(d) The Red Heroine.
11. While on the phone in Chapter 31, what do Peiqin and Chen realize?
(a) They have solve the case.
(b) Yu is setting them up to get arrested.
(c) They are in love with one another.
(d) Their conversation is probably being monitored.
12. What has Chen be reassigned to do in Chapter 33?
(a) Look after visiting American writers.
(b) Vacation time.
(c) A different murder case.
(d) Security at a conference.
13. Who is Minster Wen Jiezi?
(a) Head of the Security Department.
(b) Wu's uncle.
(c) Head of the Shanghai mafia.
(d) Ling's fiance.
14. What does Li announce at his meeting with Chen in Chapter 39 that takes Chen completely by surprise?
(a) The case is concluded, and the murerer is not Wu.
(b) Wu is dead, so the case is concluded.
(c) The case will be discontinued.
(d) The case is concluded and Wu has been arrested.
15. Where does Chen return to at the beginning of Chapter 33?
(a) His apartment.
(b) Lu's restaurant.
(c) The karoake party.
(d) His office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Chen tell Peiqin to leave him messages?
2. What does Chen realize Guan had tried to do to Wu?
3. What does Chen and Ling's relationship feel like when they reconnect in the hotel?
4. Where does Chen end up after wandering the streets at night in Chapter 29?
5. What final favor does Chen do for Wang?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)