|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The relationship between Yu and Chen is filled with ______.
2. Where did the tour guide for Guan's trip to the Yellow Mountains move right after that trip?
3. Who is Wang moving to be with?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
4. Where do Chen and Yu confront Wu in Chapter 21?
(a) Wu's work.
(b) On a street.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) Wu's home.
5. What type of accent did the man who called Guan on her last night alive have?
6. What does Wu say he was doing the night of the murder?
(a) Developing photographs with a friend.
(b) Traveling for business.
(c) He can't remember.
(d) Taking pictures out of town.
7. What do Yu and Chen agree on regarding the political aspects of the case?
(a) They will make the case too suseptable to blackmail.
(b) They are frightening.
(c) They are overblown.
(d) They will make the case too public.
8. On what date is the body involved in the main crime of this book found?
(a) March 11, 1950.
(b) March 11, 1992.
(c) May 11, 1890.
(d) May 11, 1990.
9. Wu Xiaoming had once photographed Guan for a _________.
(a) Book cover.
(d) Political event.
10. Zhang's primarily focus regarding the case is __________.
(a) Assuring Cheng does not succeed.
(b) Finding Guan's killer.
(d) He doesn't care about the case.
11. Who is Jiang Weihe?
(a) A co-worker for Guan's.
(b) The name on a business card the Wu gives Chen.
(c) An artist appearing in some of Wu's pictures.
(d) A political leader associated with the Wu family.
12. What activity is Captain Gao Ziling doing when he finds the body?
13. What is the surname of the called Uncle Boa identifies as the man who called Guan the night she died?
14. What does Yu find in Guan's closet that seems out of place?
(a) Fancy clothes and lingerie.
(b) Maps of Shanghai.
(c) Bright red high heel shoes.
(d) A large metal box.
15. Why does Lu ask Chen for a loan?
(a) To buy his wife a ring.
(b) To pay off a gambling debt.
(c) To start a restaurant.
(d) To send his ailing mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else does Chen notice in the background of Guan's photos?
2. How many children does Dr. Xia's report reveal that the murdered woman had birthed?
3. What is Yu's father known as?
4. What does Party Secretary Li Guoha suggest Chen do with the murder case?
5. What is Bao Guozhang also known as?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)