|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else is Chen, besides a cop?
(a) A poet.
(b) A runner.
(c) A golfer.
(d) A photographer.
2. What is the mood during Chen and Wang's dinner at the beginning of Chapter 18?
3. How does Yu feel about the case in Chapter 10?
(a) They are missing something obvious.
(b) They are spending too much time on it.
(c) They are about the crack it.
(d) They are being misled.
4. Where does Wang tell Chen she is moving to?
(a) The other side of town.
5. Guan's identity makes her case a ________ case.
(a) Low profile.
6. What does Wang need Chang's help obtaining?
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A passport.
(d) A driver's license.
7. Who is Jiang Weihe?
(a) A co-worker for Guan's.
(b) The name on a business card the Wu gives Chen.
(c) An artist appearing in some of Wu's pictures.
(d) A political leader associated with the Wu family.
8. What is Chen's nickname for Lu?
(a) "Overseas Chinese."
(b) "Lucy Lu."
(c) "American Lou."
(d) "Lucky Lu."
9. How does Chen respond to Lu's request for a loan?
(a) He says "No."
(b) He grants it to him, but with a high interst.
(c) He grants it to him, free of interest.
(d) He says he needs to think about it.
10. What meal do Chen and Wang have together in Chapter 11?
11. What does Chen deduce, based on Guan's photos?
(a) That she travelled alone and put the camera on automatic.
(b) That she travelled with someone who photographed her.
(c) That Guan travelled overseas.
(d) That she asked stranges to take her photo.
12. What clue related to the case does Chen realize is hard to come by in Shanghai?
(a) Guan's perfume.
(c) The type of camera used for Guan's photos.
(d) Guan's designer high heels.
13. What does Zhang think of Chen's planned trip to Guangzhou?
(a) It is a waste of resources.
(b) It is a decent lead to follow.
(c) At least it will get Chen away for awhile.
(d) It seems dangerous.
14. What does Chen purchase on his lunch break in Chapter 4?
(a) A book written by his father.
(b) A book written by one of his college professors.
(c) A coffee.
(d) A book he wrote previously.
15. What does Peiqin believe about Guan in Chapter 13?
(a) Guan led a double life.
(b) Guan may not have been single.
(c) Guan was in the mafia.
(d) Guan was kidnapped.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, Chen returns to look at Guan's photo albums for the _______ time.
2. When Zhang is looking for a birthday gift for a friend in Chapter 21, what is he surprised by?
3. What era is "Death of a Red Heroine" set in?
4. What do Wang and Chen discuss over their meal in Chapter 11?
5. What is Chen throwing when he is first introduced in the book?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)