|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the emergency meeting, who is everyone involved in the case told to report to?
(a) Secretary Li.
(b) Commissar Zhang Zhiqiang.
2. What does Chen purchase on his lunch break in Chapter 4?
(a) A book written by one of his college professors.
(b) A coffee.
(c) A book he wrote previously.
(d) A book written by his father.
3. What unusual things do Guan's coworkers say she started doing prior to her death?
(a) Skipping work and wearing more make-up.
(b) Working extra hours and not wearing any make-up.
(c) Taking more vacation and wearing jewlery.
(d) Smoking and being rude to customers.
4. What had the murdered woman eaten less than hour before her death?
(b) A sandwich.
(c) A salad.
(d) Ice cream.
5. What does Yu's report confirm that the body found in the canal died of?
(a) Gunshot wound.
(c) Heart attack.
6. What does Chen deduce, based on Guan's photos?
(a) That she asked stranges to take her photo.
(b) That Guan travelled overseas.
(c) That she travelled with someone who photographed her.
(d) That she travelled alone and put the camera on automatic.
7. What meal do Chen and Wang have together in Chapter 11?
8. Why is Wu's photography considered controversial?
(a) He includes artistic nudes.
(b) He removes the backgrounds from pictures.
(c) He includes political symbols.
(d) He digitally improves the pictures.
9. What else is Chen, besides a cop?
(a) A runner.
(b) A golfer.
(c) A poet.
(d) A photographer.
10. Where does the person who sent Chen a gift live?
(b) New York.
11. What do Chen and Yu think Wu's motive would be for killing Guan?
(a) Guan knew Wu's secret.
(b) Guan broke up with Wu for another man.
(c) They don't know.
(d) Guan did not return Wu's love.
12. What is the mood during Chen and Wang's dinner at the beginning of Chapter 18?
13. What good news does Wang call Chen to tell him?
(a) She heard is about to get a promotion.
(b) She wants to go on vacation with him.
(c) One of his poems will be published.
(d) She got a promotion.
14. What type of accent did the man who called Guan on her last night alive have?
15. Who is Jiang Weihe?
(a) A co-worker for Guan's.
(b) The name on a business card the Wu gives Chen.
(c) An artist appearing in some of Wu's pictures.
(d) A political leader associated with the Wu family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lu ask Chen for a loan?
2. What does Wu say he was doing the night of the murder?
3. Where did the tour guide for Guan's trip to the Yellow Mountains move right after that trip?
4. When Chen fills Yu in on Wu in Chapter 20, how does Yu react?
5. What is Chen's nickname for Lu?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)