|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zhang think of Chen's planned trip to Guangzhou?
(a) At least it will get Chen away for awhile.
(b) It seems dangerous.
(c) It is a decent lead to follow.
(d) It is a waste of resources.
2. On what date is the body involved in the main crime of this book found?
(a) May 11, 1890.
(b) March 11, 1950.
(c) May 11, 1990.
(d) March 11, 1992.
3. What is Guan's last name?
4. Who does Chen receive a gift from in Chapter 11?
(d) His father.
5. During the era of this book, China is transitioning from _________ to a market-driven economy.
(b) A democracy.
6. What is the mood during Chen and Wang's dinner at the beginning of Chapter 18?
7. What other odd item does Yu find in Guan's room that surprised him?
(a) A large metal box.
(b) An envelop filled with money.
(c) Maps of Shanghai.
(d) Racy photos of Guan.
8. Who is the picture that Chen finds in Guan's photo album addressed to?
(a) Comrade Zhaodi.
(b) Guan Hongying.
(c) Xie Rong.
(d) Wu Xiaoming.
9. How does Zhang feel about Chen?
(a) Zhang things Chen is a crooked cop.
(b) Zhang has a deep personal respect for Chen.
(c) Zhang has a deep professional respect for Chen.
(d) Zhang does not think highly of Chen.
10. Who told Guan to cut Lai Guojun out of her life?
(a) Wu Xiaoming.
(b) The Party.
(c) No one, she decided it on her own.
(d) Her father.
11. Where does Gao find the body?
(a) Stuck in the boat propeller.
(b) Floating in a swamp.
(c) Hidden in some bushes.
(d) Half burried next to a trail.
12. What does Party Secretary Li Guoha suggest Chen do with the murder case?
(a) Pass it on to others.
(b) Take it on himself.
(c) Sit on it for a week before deciding anything.
(d) Assign it to Yu.
13. How are Wu Bing and Wu Xiaoming related?
14. What unusual things do Guan's coworkers say she started doing prior to her death?
(a) Taking more vacation and wearing jewlery.
(b) Smoking and being rude to customers.
(c) Skipping work and wearing more make-up.
(d) Working extra hours and not wearing any make-up.
15. What gift does Chen receive in Chapter 11?
(a) A running journal.
(b) A fishing book.
(c) A diary.
(d) A poetry book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Yu's father known as?
2. How does Chen respond to Lu's request for a loan?
3. How did Guan's neighbors feel about her?
4. What does Chen deduce, based on Guan's photos?
5. Who was the tour guide on Guan's trip to the Yellow Mountains?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)