|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chen find odd about Guan's final departure?
(a) That she only brought one suitcase.
(b) That she didn't tell anyone where she was vacationing.
(c) That no airline tickets were reserved under her name.
(d) That she didn't withdraw any money from the bank.
2. The relationship between Yu and Chen is filled with ______.
3. Where did the tour guide for Guan's trip to the Yellow Mountains move right after that trip?
4. Who did Chen stand up against for Yu?
(c) Yu's wife.
5. Who is Chen dining with in Chapter 19?
(a) Yu's family.
(d) No one.
6. What selfish reason does Wang give for wanting to move?
(a) A chance to find someone who will marry her.
(b) More opportunities to advance her career.
(c) She will live a more priviledged live elsewhere.
(d) She doesn't want to be tied to Chen.
7. How does Chen respond to Lu's request for a loan?
(a) He grants it to him, free of interest.
(b) He says he needs to think about it.
(c) He grants it to him, but with a high interst.
(d) He says "No."
8. What is Chen's nickname for Lu?
(a) "American Lou."
(b) "Lucky Lu."
(c) "Overseas Chinese."
(d) "Lucy Lu."
9. Why is Wu's photography considered controversial?
(a) He includes political symbols.
(b) He digitally improves the pictures.
(c) He removes the backgrounds from pictures.
(d) He includes artistic nudes.
10. What is the body that Gao finds wrapped in?
(b) A tarp.
(c) A plastic bag.
(d) A blanket.
11. How did Guan's neighbors feel about her?
(a) They admired her.
(b) They disliked and resented her.
(c) They thought she was very loving and friendly.
(d) They hardly saw her.
12. What had the murdered woman eaten less than hour before her death?
(b) A salad.
(c) A sandwich.
(d) Ice cream.
13. What does Wu say he was doing the night of the murder?
(a) Traveling for business.
(b) Developing photographs with a friend.
(c) Taking pictures out of town.
(d) He can't remember.
14. At what time on the night she died did Guan's neighbor see her leave her dorm with a suitcase?
(b) 10:30 p.m.
(c) 10:00 p.m.
(d) 11:00 p.m.
15. What does the man who called Guan on her last night alive say?
(a) "We'll meet as scheduled."
(b) "I'll pick you up at midnight."
(c) "Tell no one."
(d) "I love you."
Short Answer Questions
1. Guan's identity makes her case a ________ case.
2. How does Yu feel about the case in Chapter 10?
3. What year was the photograph Chen finds in Guan's photo album dated?
4. What does Chen purchase on his lunch break in Chapter 4?
5. When Chen fills Yu in on Wu in Chapter 20, how does Yu react?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)