|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity is Captain Gao Ziling doing when he finds the body?
2. In Chapter 21, Zhang thinks that Yu ___________ him.
(c) Does not respect.
3. What is the body that Gao finds wrapped in?
(a) A plastic bag.
(b) A tarp.
(d) A blanket.
4. In Chapter 21, Zhang thinks that Chen __________ him.
5. What do Yu and Chen agree on regarding the political aspects of the case?
(a) They are overblown.
(b) They are frightening.
(c) They will make the case too public.
(d) They will make the case too suseptable to blackmail.
6. Where does the person who sent Chen a gift live?
(d) New York.
7. What does Guan's full name translate to?
(a) Red Heroine.
(b) Beautiful Bird.
(c) Red Bird.
(d) Beautiful Heroine.
8. What year was the photograph Chen finds in Guan's photo album dated?
9. How does Yu feel about the case in Chapter 10?
(a) They are spending too much time on it.
(b) They are being misled.
(c) They are about the crack it.
(d) They are missing something obvious.
10. Who else does Chen notice in the background of Guan's photos?
(a) No one.
(b) A middle-aged man.
(c) A child about 7 years old.
(d) A hooded figure reflected in a mirror.
11. Why is Wu's photography considered controversial?
(a) He removes the backgrounds from pictures.
(b) He includes political symbols.
(c) He digitally improves the pictures.
(d) He includes artistic nudes.
12. What selfish reason does Wang give for wanting to move?
(a) A chance to find someone who will marry her.
(b) More opportunities to advance her career.
(c) She will live a more priviledged live elsewhere.
(d) She doesn't want to be tied to Chen.
13. Who is the picture that Chen finds in Guan's photo album addressed to?
(a) Xie Rong.
(b) Comrade Zhaodi.
(c) Wu Xiaoming.
(d) Guan Hongying.
14. What does Chen deduce, based on Guan's photos?
(a) That she asked stranges to take her photo.
(b) That Guan travelled overseas.
(c) That she travelled alone and put the camera on automatic.
(d) That she travelled with someone who photographed her.
15. What is Wang Feng's profession?
(a) News anchor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the emergency meeting, who is everyone involved in the case told to report to?
2. How did Guan's neighbors feel about her?
3. What clue related to the case does Chen realize is hard to come by in Shanghai?
4. What does Yu want to focus on instead of the case in Chapter 10?
5. How does Chen respond to Lu's request for a loan?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)