|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Chen stand up against for Yu?
(a) Yu's wife.
2. Who is Chen dining with in Chapter 19?
(a) No one.
(b) Yu's family.
3. What does Chen find odd about Guan's final departure?
(a) That she only brought one suitcase.
(b) That no airline tickets were reserved under her name.
(c) That she didn't tell anyone where she was vacationing.
(d) That she didn't withdraw any money from the bank.
4. How did Guan's neighbors feel about her?
(a) They hardly saw her.
(b) They thought she was very loving and friendly.
(c) They disliked and resented her.
(d) They admired her.
5. What is Chen Cao's professional title?
(b) Chief Inspector.
(d) Head Investigator.
6. What is Chen throwing when he is first introduced in the book?
(a) A fit.
(b) A housewarming party.
(c) A surprise party.
(d) A rock.
7. What department was Guan the head of in a department store?
(d) Men's clothing.
8. What is Chen's nickname for Lu?
(a) "American Lou."
(b) "Overseas Chinese."
(c) "Lucy Lu."
(d) "Lucky Lu."
9. What does Yu's report confirm that the body found in the canal died of?
(c) Heart attack.
(d) Gunshot wound.
10. Who is Lai Guojun?
(a) Guan's brother.
(b) Guan's first love.
(c) Guan's former co-worker.
(d) Guan's former boss.
11. How does Yu feel about the case in Chapter 10?
(a) They are spending too much time on it.
(b) They are missing something obvious.
(c) They are about the crack it.
(d) They are being misled.
12. What meal do Chen and Wang have together in Chapter 11?
13. Why is Wu's photography considered controversial?
(a) He removes the backgrounds from pictures.
(b) He includes artistic nudes.
(c) He includes political symbols.
(d) He digitally improves the pictures.
14. What does Wu say he was doing the night of the murder?
(a) Traveling for business.
(b) Taking pictures out of town.
(c) Developing photographs with a friend.
(d) He can't remember.
15. Where do Chen and Yu confront Wu in Chapter 21?
(a) Wu's work.
(b) At a restaurant.
(c) Wu's home.
(d) On a street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wang need Chang's help obtaining?
2. Where does the person who sent Chen a gift live?
3. How many children does Dr. Xia's report reveal that the murdered woman had birthed?
4. What good news does Wang call Chen to tell him?
5. In the emergency meeting, who is everyone involved in the case told to report to?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)