|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What era is "Death of a Red Heroine" set in?
2. In Chapter 21, Zhang thinks that Yu ___________ him.
(d) Does not respect.
3. How does Yu feel about the case in Chapter 10?
(a) They are spending too much time on it.
(b) They are being misled.
(c) They are missing something obvious.
(d) They are about the crack it.
4. Where does the person who sent Chen a gift live?
(a) New York.
5. Who is Jiang Weihe?
(a) A political leader associated with the Wu family.
(b) An artist appearing in some of Wu's pictures.
(c) A co-worker for Guan's.
(d) The name on a business card the Wu gives Chen.
6. What color hair does the lady that Chen finds a picture of in Guan's photo album have?
7. What is Chen Cao's professional title?
(b) Chief Inspector.
(c) Head Investigator.
8. What does Chen deduce, based on Guan's photos?
(a) That Guan travelled overseas.
(b) That she travelled with someone who photographed her.
(c) That she travelled alone and put the camera on automatic.
(d) That she asked stranges to take her photo.
9. In Chapter 21, Zhang thinks that Chen __________ him.
10. At what time on the night she died did Guan's neighbor see her leave her dorm with a suitcase?
(a) 10:30 p.m.
(b) 10:00 p.m.
(c) 11:00 p.m.
11. What does the man who called Guan on her last night alive say?
(a) "Tell no one."
(b) "We'll meet as scheduled."
(c) "I'll pick you up at midnight."
(d) "I love you."
12. Who heads the emergency meeting called regarding Guan's case?
(a) Commissar Zhang Zhiqiang.
(c) Secretary Li.
13. Where does Gao find the body?
(a) Stuck in the boat propeller.
(b) Hidden in some bushes.
(c) Half burried next to a trail.
(d) Floating in a swamp.
14. What department was Guan the head of in a department store?
(a) Men's clothing.
15. In the emergency meeting, who is everyone involved in the case told to report to?
(b) Secretary Li.
(c) Commissar Zhang Zhiqiang.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Guan's last name?
2. What does Yu's report confirm that the body found in the canal died of?
3. On what date is the body involved in the main crime of this book found?
4. What had the murdered woman eaten less than hour before her death?
5. What other odd item does Yu find in Guan's room that surprised him?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)