|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, Chen returns to look at Guan's photo albums for the _______ time.
2. Where does Chen go to examine Guan's photos in Chapter 12?
(a) Guan's room.
(b) Chen's office.
(c) Yu's office.
(d) A coffeeshop.
3. What era is "Death of a Red Heroine" set in?
4. On what date is the body involved in the main crime of this book found?
(a) May 11, 1990.
(b) May 11, 1890.
(c) March 11, 1992.
(d) March 11, 1950.
5. What activity is Captain Gao Ziling doing when he finds the body?
6. Where is Yu in Chapter 13?
(a) It is not stated.
(b) Investigating Guan's dormatory.
(c) On a family outing.
(d) At a press conference.
7. What does Yu want to focus on instead of the case in Chapter 10?
(a) His wife.
(b) Other cases.
(c) Helping Chen win over Wang.
(d) Planning his next vacation.
8. What clue related to the case does Chen realize is hard to come by in Shanghai?
(a) The type of camera used for Guan's photos.
(b) Guan's designer high heels.
(c) Guan's perfume.
9. What is the surname of the called Uncle Boa identifies as the man who called Guan the night she died?
10. What is Chen Cao's professional title?
(a) Head Investigator.
(d) Chief Inspector.
11. During the era of this book, China is transitioning from _________ to a market-driven economy.
(b) A democracy.
12. What does Chen realize about where the murder happened?
(a) It could have happened anywhere.
(b) It must have happened on a boat.
(c) It probably happened on a dock.
(d) It must have happened in Shanghai.
13. Where did the tour guide for Guan's trip to the Yellow Mountains move right after that trip?
14. What color hair does the lady that Chen finds a picture of in Guan's photo album have?
15. What is Chen's nickname for Lu?
(a) "Lucky Lu."
(b) "Lucy Lu."
(c) "Overseas Chinese."
(d) "American Lou."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the person who sent Chen a gift live?
2. The relationship between Yu and Chen is filled with ______.
3. How did Guan's neighbors feel about her?
4. In Chapter 21, Zhang thinks that Yu ___________ him.
5. What is the mood during Chen and Wang's dinner at the beginning of Chapter 18?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)