|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chen purchase on his lunch break in Chapter 4?
(a) A book written by his father.
(b) A coffee.
(c) A book he wrote previously.
(d) A book written by one of his college professors.
2. Who did Chen stand up against for Yu?
(b) Yu's wife.
3. Who told Guan to cut Lai Guojun out of her life?
(a) Wu Xiaoming.
(b) Her father.
(c) The Party.
(d) No one, she decided it on her own.
4. What does Wu say he was doing the night of the murder?
(a) Taking pictures out of town.
(b) Developing photographs with a friend.
(c) He can't remember.
(d) Traveling for business.
5. During the era of this book, China is transitioning from _________ to a market-driven economy.
(a) A democracy.
6. Where does Gao find the body?
(a) Hidden in some bushes.
(b) Floating in a swamp.
(c) Half burried next to a trail.
(d) Stuck in the boat propeller.
7. What is Chen's nickname for Lu?
(a) "Lucky Lu."
(b) "Lucy Lu."
(c) "American Lou."
(d) "Overseas Chinese."
8. What gift does Chen receive in Chapter 11?
(a) A fishing book.
(b) A diary.
(c) A running journal.
(d) A poetry book.
9. What is Bao Guozhang also known as?
(a) Crazy Bao.
(b) Brother Bao.
(c) Father Bao.
(d) Uncle Bao.
10. Who heads the emergency meeting called regarding Guan's case?
(a) Commissar Zhang Zhiqiang.
(b) Secretary Li.
11. What do Chen and Yu think Wu's motive would be for killing Guan?
(a) They don't know.
(b) Guan knew Wu's secret.
(c) Guan broke up with Wu for another man.
(d) Guan did not return Wu's love.
12. When Chen and Yu confront Wu, what sort of relationship does Wu say he and Guan had?
(a) Romantic only.
(c) Professional and romantic.
(d) Professional only.
13. How much progress has been made on the case by the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) A witness has been located.
(b) Chen believes he know who the killer is.
(c) No progress.
(d) A few promising leads are left to be investigated.
14. Where does Wang tell Chen she is moving to?
(a) The other side of town.
15. What clue related to the case does Chen realize is hard to come by in Shanghai?
(a) Guan's designer high heels.
(b) The type of camera used for Guan's photos.
(d) Guan's perfume.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Dr. Xia's report reveal that the murdered woman had birthed?
2. How does Yu feel about the case in Chapter 10?
3. Who else does Chen notice in the background of Guan's photos?
4. Who is Lai Guojun?
5. Who is Chen dining with in Chapter 19?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)