|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 21, Zhang thinks that Yu ___________ him.
(a) Does not respect.
2. What does Chen deduce, based on Guan's photos?
(a) That she travelled with someone who photographed her.
(b) That she travelled alone and put the camera on automatic.
(c) That Guan travelled overseas.
(d) That she asked stranges to take her photo.
3. What unusual things do Guan's coworkers say she started doing prior to her death?
(a) Working extra hours and not wearing any make-up.
(b) Smoking and being rude to customers.
(c) Skipping work and wearing more make-up.
(d) Taking more vacation and wearing jewlery.
4. Who is Jiang Weihe?
(a) The name on a business card the Wu gives Chen.
(b) An artist appearing in some of Wu's pictures.
(c) A political leader associated with the Wu family.
(d) A co-worker for Guan's.
5. What is Yu's father known as?
(a) Chief Guangming.
(b) Old Hunter.
(c) Old Professor.
(d) Chang Guangming.
6. How are Wu Bing and Wu Xiaoming related?
7. What is the surname of the called Uncle Boa identifies as the man who called Guan the night she died?
8. Why is Wu's photography considered controversial?
(a) He digitally improves the pictures.
(b) He includes political symbols.
(c) He removes the backgrounds from pictures.
(d) He includes artistic nudes.
9. What does Wu say he was doing the night of the murder?
(a) Taking pictures out of town.
(b) Developing photographs with a friend.
(c) He can't remember.
(d) Traveling for business.
10. When Chen and Yu confront Wu, what sort of relationship does Wu say he and Guan had?
(a) Professional and romantic.
(c) Romantic only.
(d) Professional only.
11. What type of accent did the man who called Guan on her last night alive have?
12. How does Zhang feel about Chen?
(a) Zhang has a deep professional respect for Chen.
(b) Zhang things Chen is a crooked cop.
(c) Zhang has a deep personal respect for Chen.
(d) Zhang does not think highly of Chen.
13. During the era of this book, China is transitioning from _________ to a market-driven economy.
(b) A democracy.
14. What does the man who called Guan on her last night alive say?
(a) "I'll pick you up at midnight."
(b) "Tell no one."
(c) "We'll meet as scheduled."
(d) "I love you."
15. What does HCC stand for?
(a) Honor Caste Corpse
(b) High Caste Children.
(c) High Cadre's Children.
(d) Honor Cadre's Circle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Peiqin?
2. What is the mood during Chen and Wang's dinner at the beginning of Chapter 18?
3. What do Chen and Yu think Wu's motive would be for killing Guan?
4. Who is the picture that Chen finds in Guan's photo album addressed to?
5. What does Chen learn is Guan's assumed name for traveling?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)