|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Guan was the public fact of what political party?
2. Where was the last place Guan vacationed?
(a) New York.
(d) Yellow Mountains.
3. What does HCC stand for?
(a) High Caste Children.
(b) Honor Caste Corpse
(c) High Cadre's Children.
(d) Honor Cadre's Circle.
4. Who is Jiang Weihe?
(a) A co-worker for Guan's.
(b) A political leader associated with the Wu family.
(c) The name on a business card the Wu gives Chen.
(d) An artist appearing in some of Wu's pictures.
5. What good news does Wang call Chen to tell him?
(a) She wants to go on vacation with him.
(b) She heard is about to get a promotion.
(c) She got a promotion.
(d) One of his poems will be published.
6. What clue related to the case does Chen realize is hard to come by in Shanghai?
(a) Guan's perfume.
(c) The type of camera used for Guan's photos.
(d) Guan's designer high heels.
7. What does Party Secretary Li Guoha suggest Chen do with the murder case?
(a) Pass it on to others.
(b) Sit on it for a week before deciding anything.
(c) Assign it to Yu.
(d) Take it on himself.
8. Where does Chen go to examine Guan's photos in Chapter 12?
(a) A coffeeshop.
(b) Yu's office.
(c) Guan's room.
(d) Chen's office.
9. What is the body that Gao finds wrapped in?
(b) A plastic bag.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A tarp.
10. What does the man who called Guan on her last night alive say?
(a) "We'll meet as scheduled."
(b) "I'll pick you up at midnight."
(c) "Tell no one."
(d) "I love you."
11. What does Yu find in Guan's closet that seems out of place?
(a) Maps of Shanghai.
(b) A large metal box.
(c) Bright red high heel shoes.
(d) Fancy clothes and lingerie.
12. The relationship between Yu and Chen is filled with ______.
13. What is Chen throwing when he is first introduced in the book?
(a) A fit.
(b) A housewarming party.
(c) A surprise party.
(d) A rock.
14. What does Chen find odd about Guan's final departure?
(a) That she only brought one suitcase.
(b) That no airline tickets were reserved under her name.
(c) That she didn't withdraw any money from the bank.
(d) That she didn't tell anyone where she was vacationing.
15. What year was the photograph Chen finds in Guan's photo album dated?
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity is Captain Gao Ziling doing when he finds the body?
2. Why does Lu ask Chen for a loan?
3. How does Yu feel about the case in Chapter 10?
4. What do Wang and Chen discuss over their meal in Chapter 11?
5. What department was Guan the head of in a department store?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)