|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Guan's neighbors feel about her?
(a) They disliked and resented her.
(b) They thought she was very loving and friendly.
(c) They hardly saw her.
(d) They admired her.
2. Wu Xiaoming had once photographed Guan for a _________.
(c) Political event.
(d) Book cover.
3. Who heads the emergency meeting called regarding Guan's case?
(b) Secretary Li.
(c) Commissar Zhang Zhiqiang.
4. What is Guan's last name?
5. Who was the tour guide on Guan's trip to the Yellow Mountains?
(a) Wang Feng.
(c) Wu Xiaoming.
(d) Xie Rong.
6. Who is Jiang Weihe?
(a) The name on a business card the Wu gives Chen.
(b) An artist appearing in some of Wu's pictures.
(c) A co-worker for Guan's.
(d) A political leader associated with the Wu family.
7. In Chapter 10, what does Chen deduce Guan's relationship with the killer was?
(a) They had met in passing.
(b) He had stalked her.
(c) She knew him.
(d) He was a stranger.
8. What era is "Death of a Red Heroine" set in?
9. How much progress has been made on the case by the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) A witness has been located.
(b) Chen believes he know who the killer is.
(c) No progress.
(d) A few promising leads are left to be investigated.
10. What is Chen Cao's professional title?
(a) Chief Inspector.
(b) Head Investigator.
11. What is the mood during Chen and Wang's dinner at the beginning of Chapter 18?
12. When Chen fills Yu in on Wu in Chapter 20, how does Yu react?
13. What does the man who called Guan on her last night alive say?
(a) "Tell no one."
(b) "We'll meet as scheduled."
(c) "I'll pick you up at midnight."
(d) "I love you."
14. Where did the tour guide for Guan's trip to the Yellow Mountains move right after that trip?
15. How many children does Dr. Xia's report reveal that the murdered woman had birthed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wang Feng's profession?
2. How does Chen respond to Lu's request for a loan?
3. What do Yu and Chen agree on regarding the political aspects of the case?
4. Where does Gao find the body?
5. What does Wang need Chang's help obtaining?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)