|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Chen go to examine Guan's photos in Chapter 12?
(a) A coffeeshop.
(b) Guan's room.
(c) Yu's office.
(d) Chen's office.
2. What activity is Captain Gao Ziling doing when he finds the body?
3. What is Chen Cao's professional title?
(a) Head Investigator.
(c) Chief Inspector.
4. Where does Gao find the body?
(a) Stuck in the boat propeller.
(b) Hidden in some bushes.
(c) Half burried next to a trail.
(d) Floating in a swamp.
5. Where did the tour guide for Guan's trip to the Yellow Mountains move right after that trip?
6. Where does the person who sent Chen a gift live?
(d) New York.
7. What is the surname of the called Uncle Boa identifies as the man who called Guan the night she died?
8. How are Wu Bing and Wu Xiaoming related?
9. In the emergency meeting, who is everyone involved in the case told to report to?
(b) Secretary Li.
(d) Commissar Zhang Zhiqiang.
10. What is Yu's father known as?
(a) Chang Guangming.
(b) Chief Guangming.
(c) Old Hunter.
(d) Old Professor.
11. Why does Lu ask Chen for a loan?
(a) To buy his wife a ring.
(b) To start a restaurant.
(c) To pay off a gambling debt.
(d) To send his ailing mother.
12. What does Peiqin believe about Guan in Chapter 13?
(a) Guan was kidnapped.
(b) Guan led a double life.
(c) Guan was in the mafia.
(d) Guan may not have been single.
13. What does Chen realize about where the murder happened?
(a) It must have happened in Shanghai.
(b) It could have happened anywhere.
(c) It probably happened on a dock.
(d) It must have happened on a boat.
14. How much progress has been made on the case by the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Chen believes he know who the killer is.
(b) A few promising leads are left to be investigated.
(c) A witness has been located.
(d) No progress.
15. Who does Chen receive a gift from in Chapter 11?
(c) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the era of this book, China is transitioning from _________ to a market-driven economy.
2. How many children does Dr. Xia's report reveal that the murdered woman had birthed?
3. Who is the picture that Chen finds in Guan's photo album addressed to?
4. What else is Chen, besides a cop?
5. Who is Chen dining with in Chapter 19?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)