|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What era is "Death of a Red Heroine" set in?
2. What type of accent did the man who called Guan on her last night alive have?
3. Who heads the emergency meeting called regarding Guan's case?
(a) Secretary Li.
(b) Commissar Zhang Zhiqiang.
4. Who else does Chen notice in the background of Guan's photos?
(a) No one.
(b) A hooded figure reflected in a mirror.
(c) A middle-aged man.
(d) A child about 7 years old.
5. What meal do Chen and Wang have together in Chapter 11?
6. What is Bao Guozhang also known as?
(a) Crazy Bao.
(b) Brother Bao.
(c) Father Bao.
(d) Uncle Bao.
7. Guan was the public fact of what political party?
8. What unusual things do Guan's coworkers say she started doing prior to her death?
(a) Smoking and being rude to customers.
(b) Working extra hours and not wearing any make-up.
(c) Taking more vacation and wearing jewlery.
(d) Skipping work and wearing more make-up.
9. How many children does Dr. Xia's report reveal that the murdered woman had birthed?
10. In Chapter 14, Chen returns to look at Guan's photo albums for the _______ time.
11. What does Chen learn is Guan's assumed name for traveling?
(a) Comrade Zhaodi.
(b) Wei Hong
(c) Xie Rong.
(d) Wang Hong.
12. What is Yu's father known as?
(a) Chang Guangming.
(b) Chief Guangming.
(c) Old Professor.
(d) Old Hunter.
13. What selfish reason does Wang give for wanting to move?
(a) More opportunities to advance her career.
(b) She will live a more priviledged live elsewhere.
(c) A chance to find someone who will marry her.
(d) She doesn't want to be tied to Chen.
14. What other odd item does Yu find in Guan's room that surprised him?
(a) Maps of Shanghai.
(b) A large metal box.
(c) Racy photos of Guan.
(d) An envelop filled with money.
15. What is Chen Cao's professional title?
(b) Head Investigator.
(c) Chief Inspector.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date is the body involved in the main crime of this book found?
2. Where does the person who sent Chen a gift live?
3. Where was the last place Guan vacationed?
4. What is Chen throwing when he is first introduced in the book?
5. What does Chen realize about where the murder happened?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)