|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Yu's father known as?
(a) Chang Guangming.
(b) Old Hunter.
(c) Chief Guangming.
(d) Old Professor.
2. Who is Jiang Weihe?
(a) A political leader associated with the Wu family.
(b) The name on a business card the Wu gives Chen.
(c) A co-worker for Guan's.
(d) An artist appearing in some of Wu's pictures.
3. What does Chen purchase on his lunch break in Chapter 4?
(a) A book written by one of his college professors.
(b) A book written by his father.
(c) A book he wrote previously.
(d) A coffee.
4. Who is Chen dining with in Chapter 19?
(a) No one.
(c) Yu's family.
5. What good news does Wang call Chen to tell him?
(a) One of his poems will be published.
(b) She heard is about to get a promotion.
(c) She got a promotion.
(d) She wants to go on vacation with him.
6. What is the body that Gao finds wrapped in?
(a) A blanket.
(c) A tarp.
(d) A plastic bag.
7. When Zhang is looking for a birthday gift for a friend in Chapter 21, what is he surprised by?
(a) How many choices there are.
(b) The lack of quality gifts.
(c) The low prices.
(d) The increase in prices.
8. What is Bao Guozhang also known as?
(a) Uncle Bao.
(b) Brother Bao.
(c) Crazy Bao.
(d) Father Bao.
9. What department was Guan the head of in a department store?
(a) Men's clothing.
10. Where does Wang tell Chen she is moving to?
(c) The other side of town.
11. Zhang's primarily focus regarding the case is __________.
(a) Assuring Cheng does not succeed.
(b) Finding Guan's killer.
(c) He doesn't care about the case.
12. How are Wu Bing and Wu Xiaoming related?
13. What does Chen realize about where the murder happened?
(a) It could have happened anywhere.
(b) It must have happened in Shanghai.
(c) It probably happened on a dock.
(d) It must have happened on a boat.
14. What does Yu want to focus on instead of the case in Chapter 10?
(a) Other cases.
(b) Helping Chen win over Wang.
(c) His wife.
(d) Planning his next vacation.
15. What gift does Chen receive in Chapter 11?
(a) A poetry book.
(b) A fishing book.
(c) A running journal.
(d) A diary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the picture that Chen finds in Guan's photo album addressed to?
2. What does Wu say he was doing the night of the murder?
3. Where is Yu in Chapter 13?
4. Who is Lai Guojun?
5. Why does Lu ask Chen for a loan?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)