|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is The Archive?
(a) An elderly scholar.
(b) An elderly Wizard.
(c) The holder of good.
(d) A seven-year-old girl.
2. What happens when Harry is sure of Susan's identity?
(a) He cooks her dinner.
(b) He ties her with silver cords.
(c) He starts to kiss her.
(d) He tries to stab her through the heart with a wooden stake.
3. Where does Harry find the Shroud?
(a) In waterproof barrel on board the Etranger.
(b) Under a berth below decks.
(c) Hidden in a pile of laundry.
(d) In a safe in the captain's cabin.
4. What makes it difficult for evil supernatural forces to enter a place?
(a) Garlic cloves hanging over the door.
(b) Not inviting them in.
(c) A horseshoe placed at the four compass points around a door.
(d) A ring of silver hanging over the door.
5. Who does Harry decide to ask to be his second in the duel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Shiro with when Harry encounters him?
2. How does the audience receive Dresden?
3. What does Shiro, not Michael, agree to do?
4. Why does Harry want a piece of the Shroud?
5. What is The Archive there to discuss with Harry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Father Vincent respond when Harry updates Vincent about Harry's attempts to recover the Shroud, and how does Harry react?
2. Describe the fight with the female Denarian on the Erlanger.
3. Who calls Harry after he has gone to bed and what does she want?
4. How does Harry arm himself and why does it then seem unnecessary?
5. Why does Harry lead Susan into his apartment but not invite her in?
6. What does Harry learn about the corpse while at the morgue?
7. What is Harry's reaction to the mention of the focusing coin?
8. What does Susan ask Harry and what is his reply?
9. About what is Susan there to warn Harry?
10. What do Ebenezar McCoy and Harry talk about on the phone?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)