|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry say does not last?
(a) Magic trails on golems.
(b) The magic signature on a piece of paper.
(c) Diseases constructed by magic.
(d) The magic energy used to give someone temporary powers.
2. What is Harry's response to Shiro's question?
(a) Harry would return the Shroud to its rightful owners.
(b) Harry does not know if there is an authentic Shroud, but believes others think this one is.
(c) No, Harry is powerful enough as it is.
(d) He is doing it for the money.
3. What are will, skill, energy and flesh?
(a) The four areas Harry needs to develop.
(b) Four options offered Harry.
(c) The four levels of knowledge.
(d) The path of peace.
4. What makes it difficult for evil supernatural forces to enter a place?
(a) Garlic cloves hanging over the door.
(b) A ring of silver hanging over the door.
(c) Not inviting them in.
(d) A horseshoe placed at the four compass points around a door.
5. Who is Father Forthill?
(a) The man who meets Harry and the Knights at the church.
(b) The priest who sent Harry's attackers.
(c) The brother of one of the knights who rescues Harry.
(d) A good friend of Harry's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry learn from Karrin Murphy about the death on the Erlanger?
2. What does Dresden's silver bracelet do?
3. Who is The Archive?
4. What is The Archive there to discuss with Harry?
5. Why does Dresden push Fr. Vincent into a car?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Harry's options for weapons in the duel and what does he at first choose?
2. Who calls Harry after he has gone to bed and what does she want?
3. What does Father Vincent want of Harry?
4. Who does Harry encounter on the Erlanger and what do they order him to do?
5. What does Harry tell Father Vincent when Harry calls him?
6. What do Ebenezar McCoy and Harry talk about on the phone?
7. Who is Susan and what does Mortimer say about her?
8. What does Michael reveal about the demon that the men just fought?
9. About what is Susan there to warn Harry?
10. Where and with whom does Harry appear in Chapter 1?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)