|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shiro bequeath to Harry?
(a) His sword.
(b) His mandible.
(c) His dagger.
(d) His ring.
2. What will limit the intensity of spell Harry can use to track the Shroud?
(b) The duration of the magice he uses.
(c) The size of the containment shield.
(d) The size of the sample he is given.
3. What reason does Harry say that Susan cannot leave his apartment for a few hours?
(a) The spells he cast to keep Nicodemus out.
(b) She can leave his apartment at any time.
(c) He wants to learn about his parents and knows she knows about them.
(d) He desperately needs to talk with her.
4. What does Thomas reveal to Harry?
(a) That Ortega will try to cheat.
(b) That Ortega plans to substitute someone and make the person look like Ortega.
(c) That Susan is willing to become a full vampire to save Harry's life.
(d) That Ortega is not doing this to end the feud between the courts.
5. What standoff occurs when Shiro arrives?
(a) Between Shiro and Harry.
(b) Between Harry and Ortega.
(c) The threat of death against Harry versus the same against Deirdre.
(d) Between Ortega and Nicodemus.
6. What does Harry theorize about the Denarians and the Shroud?
(a) They want to destroy the Shroud so its powers cannot be used against them.
(b) They want the Shroud in order to negotiate their release from the third level of hell.
(c) They learned of the theft of the Shroud and decided to steal it from the original thieves.
(d) They want the Shroud only because everyone else wants it.
7. For how long does Shiro agree to stand in for Harry?
(a) 36 hours.
(b) 24 hours.
(d) 3 days.
8. Which demon eventually gets Susan?
(a) The boat demon.
(b) The angel demon.
(c) The car demon.
(d) The snakelike demon.
9. What is the substance to be used in the duel?
10. Where do Michael, Harry and Sanya meet?
(a) O'Hare Airport.
(b) The Amtrak station.
(c) The subway on 9th.
(d) Wrigley Field.
11. Where is Harry imprisoned?
(a) An underground cave.
(b) A room in a warehouse.
(c) The brig in a boat.
(d) A cell in an old prison.
12. Who is Thomas?
(a) A representative from the Vatican.
(b) Ortega's second.
(c) Susan's brother.
(d) Kincaid's second.
13. Where had Michael and Sanya gone on a mission?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) St. Louis.
(d) Los Angeles.
14. Why does Harry ask Murphy to call in a bomb threat?
(a) To clear the train station.
(b) To clear the airport.
(c) To clear Wrigley Field.
(d) To get as many cops in the area as possible.
15. What does Cassius refuse to reveal despite threats from Harry?
(a) The ceremony for which the Shroud is to be used.
(b) Who his boss is.
(c) Why Marcone killed Francesca.
(d) Why the ceremony has to take place at a full moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing about which Nicodemus says Harry needs to learn?
2. What does Susan say would help her?
3. What repels the attack spells?
4. Why does Harry throw aside the detonator?
5. Who does Harry think casts the spells that attack Harry and Susan as they jump out of the car?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)