|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Harry consult in his laboratory?
(a) The spirit of his best friend who died a year earlier.
(b) The spirit of his father.
(c) The spirit of Bob the Skull.
(d) The spirit of his mentor, a high-order Wizard.
2. What does Shiro ask Harry about the Shroud?
(a) Why Harry is searching for it.
(b) If Harry would use it to augment his own power.
(c) If Harry would allow the corrupt Vatican to repossess the Shroud.
(d) If Harry believes the Shroud exists.
3. What does Karrin want Harry to do?
(a) Accompany her to a police ball.
(b) Come and look at a corpse in the morgue.
(c) Come to the hospital to talk with a patient of hers.
(d) Take her to interview a mobster Harry knows.
4. What does Fr. Vincent imply when talking with Harry?
(a) That the Shroud will come to Harry when Harry is ready spiritually.
(b) That Harry is in cahoots with those who stole the Shroud.
(c) That the Shroud has corrupted Harry.
(d) That Harry did not try hard enough to retrieve the Shroud.
5. What makes it difficult for evil supernatural forces to enter a place?
(a) Garlic cloves hanging over the door.
(b) A ring of silver hanging over the door.
(c) Not inviting them in.
(d) A horseshoe placed at the four compass points around a door.
6. Who is Waldo Butters?
(a) A junkie.
(b) An undercover agent with the FBI.
(c) A coroner.
(d) A prosecutor.
7. Who recommended Dresden to Fr. Vincent?
(a) The Vatican.
(b) The President of the White Council of Wizards.
(c) Father Forthill.
(d) A newspaper reporter who is a friend of Dresden's.
8. In what has Susan become involved?
(a) Undercover work for the United States CIA.
(b) Something to take the place of her journalism job.
(c) A conspiracy to kill off members of the White Council.
(d) A conspiracy to kill off members of the Red Court.
9. What advice does Molly offer Harry?
(a) How to check out numbers on a cell phone.
(b) How to deal with Susan.
(c) How to know if someone has been texting.
(d) How to deal with Charity.
10. What does the spirit say the Order of the Blackened Denarius is powerful enough to do?
(a) Force Harry to commit evil.
(b) Put a curse of multiple diseases on a person.
(c) Force Harry to kill friends or family members.
(d) Corrupt the Knights.
11. What are will, skill, energy and flesh?
(a) The path of peace.
(b) Four options offered Harry.
(c) The four levels of knowledge.
(d) The four areas Harry needs to develop.
12. What does Dresden's silver bracelet do?
(a) Keeps vampires from being able to turn him.
(b) Generates a powerful shield.
(c) Sends out an ultra-high frequency wave that his partner is able to track.
(d) Has a tiny camera built in to it.
13. Who does Harry want to avoid?
14. What does Harry think would happen if he tries to use the cell phone he took from Erlanger?
(a) It may send his identity to some one he does not want to know about him.
(b) It may explode if it was implanted with a decoder.
(c) His magical energy will short circuit it.
(d) It may alert Anna's killers as to where Harry is.
15. How does the audience receive Dresden?
(a) With hostility.
(d) With fervent belief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What chases Harry after he leaves Murphy?
2. What does Shiro, not Michael, agree to do?
3. About what does Susan warn Harry?
4. Who does Harry call after Kincaid and The Archive leave?
5. How does the demon the four fight tempt good humans to do evil?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)