|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How deep is this dangerous lake in some places?
(a) 450 feet deep.
(b) 45 feet deep.
(c) 750 feet deep.
(d) 350 feet deep.
2. ______________________ occur in Yellowstone nearly every day but no known deaths have been caused by them.
3. Regarding this balance, which way does the author believe our culture errs?
(a) In neither direction.
(b) Sometimes towards the latter and sometimes the former.
(c) Too far towards the former and away from the latter.
(d) Too far towards the latter and away from the former.
4. Who does the author fear will destroy the park?
(a) Irresponsible, litigious park visitors.
(b) The government.
(c) The park rangers.
(d) The animals.
5. Between where was the first aircraft traveling when it crashed in Yellowstone?
(a) California and New York.
(b) California and Montana.
(c) California and Nevada.
(d) California and Oregon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jack Davis die?
2. One of the more interesting stories occurred when an Army soldier was shot by whom?
3. Prevailing winds can produce waves __________________ feet high.
4. In 1937, a horrible fire killed fifteen __________________ and injured thirty-nine others.
5. A ___________ fire killed Civilian Conservation Corps worker James Hester who lost his life fighting the fire.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)