|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The horse and stagecoach era in Yellowstone lasted from 1872 to _____________.
2. _________________ people have committed suicide in Yellowstone and four outside of the park.
3. The most drownings have occurred in __________________ Lake and arguably no body of water in the Park (and probably in the whole United States) is more potentially dangerous.
4. How deep is this dangerous lake in some places?
(a) 45 feet deep.
(b) 750 feet deep.
(c) 450 feet deep.
(d) 350 feet deep.
5. How did Jack Davis die?
(a) He fell off a high scaffolding.
(b) He tripped and fell into the canyon.
(c) He was bitten by a snake.
(d) He fell out of a tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. The army duty was dreary and in 1911-12 some of the men got what?
2. Who does the author fear will destroy the park?
3. LeRoy R. Piper disappeared on July 30th, _________.
4. National parks are valuable but what?
5. Where should one steer this boat?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)