|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Six people have drowned in fairly unusual places, such as ________________ Lake and Hellroaring Creek.
2. This lake is 136 square miles with ____________ miles of shoreline.
3. Weber accused Zutavern of what?
4. Perhaps the last stagecoach wreck occurred on July 24th, _____________.
5. The horse and stagecoach era in Yellowstone lasted from 1872 to _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author fear will destroy the park?
2. Seven people have died from ______________ poisoning.
3. Six airplane crashes have killed ___________ people in 1943, 1963, 1970, 1978, 1987 and 1981.
4. After serving five years President ________________ pardoned Weber after the German consul pulled for him.
5. ________________ of horses once occupied the park during the 'Grand Tour' which often occurred in stagecoaches that would last for five to ten days.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the single most likely cause of death at Yellowstone? Why might this be?
2. How do most drownings occur?
3. Where did the Native Americans in Yellowstone live?
4. When did the era of drowning begin? How could this have been prevented or lessened?
5. Describe the violent deaths in Yellowstone. What does this reveal about the wild and national parks?
6. Why was Weber pardoned for killing Zutavern? Should he have been pardoned? Why or why not?
7. What were the causes of the earliest Yellowstone deaths? Why is little known about these deaths?
8. Why did Britton kill Cunningham? Should he have done this? Why or why not?
9. What does the author say about people and their interest in chasms? Why is this significant?
10. Describe the one fight that led to a death. Are you surprised by this death? Why or why not?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)