|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Seven people have died from ______________ poisoning.
(a) Nitrous oxide.
(b) Carbon dioxide.
(c) Carbon monoxide.
(d) Hydrogen dioxide.
2. Between where was the first aircraft traveling when it crashed in Yellowstone?
(a) California and Montana.
(b) California and Oregon.
(c) California and Nevada.
(d) California and New York.
3. An accidental shooting occurred on November 15th, 1938 when Robert Leroy 'Pud' Robinson, a thirteen year old son of the Master Mechanic of the park, was playing with a loaded .22 rifle. What happened?
(a) At 5:15 pm, he shot his friend in the head.
(b) At 5:15 pm, he shot himself in the head.
(c) At 5:15 pm, he shot himself in the arm.
(d) At 5:15 pm, he shot his sister in the head.
4. How did Jack Davis die?
(a) He fell off a high scaffolding.
(b) He tripped and fell into the canyon.
(c) He was bitten by a snake.
(d) He fell out of a tree.
5. It is _____________ that forest fires take lives in Yellowstone.
(a) Not uncommon.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the only time Whittlesey will consider sailing on the Lake?
2. If you want to enjoy the wholeness of nature, you must do what?
3. When should you not go out in the boat?
4. ____________ murders have occurred inside Yellowstone and ten in nearby towns.
5. LeRoy R. Piper disappeared on July 30th, _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the one fight that led to a death. Are you surprised by this death? Why or why not?
2. What lessons can be drawn from all the drowning?
3. How many have died in the Yellowstone River? What most likely led to these deaths?
4. When were automobiles first seen in the park? How did this affect the death rate?
5. What happened to LeRoy R. Piper? What does the author think about him?
6. How many people have died from carbon monoxide poisoning? How is this relevant to today?
7. What is the single most likely cause of death at Yellowstone? Why might this be?
8. Describe the first suicide at Yellowstone. How is this story important?
9. Why did Britton kill Cunningham? Should he have done this? Why or why not?
10. What does the author say about people and their interest in chasms? Why is this significant?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)