|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Blackfeet to the _____________ and the Crows to the northeast.
2. _________________ people have committed suicide in Yellowstone and four outside of the park.
3. Weber accused Zutavern of what?
4. What must everyone in the boat have?
(a) A life jacket.
(b) Life guard training.
(c) First aid certification.
(d) Excellent swimming skills.
5. _________________ people have drowned in Yellowstone Lake and eleven (maybe seventeen) are of unrecovered bodies.
Short Answer Questions
1. This lake is 136 square miles with ____________ miles of shoreline.
2. One of the more interesting stories occurred when an Army soldier was shot by whom?
3. _______________ death from a fight is known about.
4. National parks are valuable but what?
5. When Ferguson shot Carpenter, killing him, did a jury find him guilty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lessons can be drawn from all the drowning?
2. What does the author have to say about the visitors' behavior regarding the park? What is his opinion about how the park is required to protect these visitors and how our nation as a whole treats its citizens? Do you agree? Why or why not?
3. Describe the violent deaths in Yellowstone. What does this reveal about the wild and national parks?
4. How often do forest fires take place? Why might this be?
5. What were the causes of the earliest Yellowstone deaths? Why is little known about these deaths?
6. How many have died in the Yellowstone River? What most likely led to these deaths?
7. What is known about stagecoach wrecks in the park? What was the cause of most accidents? Why might this have been a consistent problem?
8. What happened to LeRoy R. Piper? What does the author think about him?
9. Did any drownings take place simultaneously? Why or why not?
10. Describe the first suicide at Yellowstone. How is this story important?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)