|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _________________ people have committed suicide in Yellowstone and four outside of the park.
2. Mrs. Louis Helbut died in _______________ from fainting.
3. The number of violent deaths in Yellowstone between 1839 and 1993 is over ____________ hundred; adding in auto and snowmobile wrecks, there are another few hundred.
4. The Blackfeet to the _____________ and the Crows to the northeast.
5. LeRoy R. Piper disappeared on July 30th, _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Six people have drowned in fairly unusual places, such as ________________ Lake and Hellroaring Creek.
2. When is the only time Whittlesey will consider sailing on the Lake?
3. Seven have drowned from _______________ and due to falling in the Gardner River.
4. This lake is 136 square miles with ____________ miles of shoreline.
5. As of 1995, ___________________ people have died from falls in Yellowstone, four from man-made structures, three from mounts and the rest into canyons.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are other ways that people have drowned?
2. Describe the first suicide at Yellowstone. How is this story important?
3. Describe one of the shootings. What does this story reveal about those who were involved in this shooting and about guns?
4. When were automobiles first seen in the park? How did this affect the death rate?
5. Why did Britton kill Cunningham? Should he have done this? Why or why not?
6. How often do forest fires take place? Why might this be?
7. What does the author have to say about the visitors' behavior regarding the park? What is his opinion about how the park is required to protect these visitors and how our nation as a whole treats its citizens? Do you agree? Why or why not?
8. What does the author say about people and their interest in chasms? Why is this significant?
9. When have plane crashes occurred? Which was the largest craft to crash? Why is this significant?
10. What happened to Charles Kenck and Richard Dietrch? Why did this happen?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)