|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first suicide was committed by _______________, 27, who died January 27th, 1884 from overdosing on morphine.
(a) Mrs. Emily Moore.
(b) Mrs. Elaine McKinley.
(c) Mrs. Eleanor Monroe.
(d) Mrs. Emilia Madison.
2. _________________ people have drowned in Yellowstone Lake and eleven (maybe seventeen) are of unrecovered bodies.
3. In 1949 a bus accident killed who?
(a) A bus passenger.
(b) A pedestrian.
(c) A park ranger.
(d) The driver.
4. Prevailing winds can produce waves __________________ feet high.
(a) Five to six.
(b) Three to four.
(c) Four to five.
(d) Two to three.
5. Most of the river drownings are due to what?
(b) Extreme currents and rapids.
(c) Deep water.
(d) Intoxicated swimmers.
6. Weber accused Zutavern of what?
7. Most suicides have been by whom?
(a) Park employees.
(d) Park visitors.
8. _________________ people have committed suicide in Yellowstone and four outside of the park.
9. When is the only time Whittlesey will consider sailing on the Lake?
(a) When it is late at night.
(b) When it is early in the morning.
(c) When it is in the middle of the day.
(d) When it is early morning or late night.
10. In the army era of 1886-_________, the snow was very deep.
11. Many of the earliest deaths in Yellowstone come from what?
(a) Battles between soldiers.
(b) Battles with Native Americans.
(c) Bear attacks.
(d) Bison attacks.
12. If you want to boat on Yellowstone Lake, what type of boat should you use?
(a) A sailboat.
(b) A large boat.
(c) A motor boat.
(d) A small, short boat.
13. As of 1995, ___________________ people have died from falls in Yellowstone, four from man-made structures, three from mounts and the rest into canyons.
14. Stagecoach wrecks occurred one or more times a summer, but surprisingly, only_________ fatalities are known.
15. After escaping to the park, Weber was eventually captured and convicted of what?
(a) First-degree murder.
(c) Second-degree murder.
(d) Attempted murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. A ___________ fire killed Civilian Conservation Corps worker James Hester who lost his life fighting the fire.
2. When should you not go out in the boat?
3. Most deaths are due to what regarding this lake?
4. A ________________ soldier drowned due to falling in the water and another died from falling due to intoxication.
5. The Blackfeet to the _____________ and the Crows to the northeast.
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)