|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A park bus killed a woman on July 15th, ___________.
2. Most of the river drownings are due to what?
(a) Deep water.
(b) Extreme currents and rapids.
(c) Intoxicated swimmers.
3. Is Yellowstone National Park a visitor's friend?
(a) Yes, most of the time.
(d) Yes, but rarely.
4. The first suicide was committed by _______________, 27, who died January 27th, 1884 from overdosing on morphine.
(a) Mrs. Eleanor Monroe.
(b) Mrs. Elaine McKinley.
(c) Mrs. Emily Moore.
(d) Mrs. Emilia Madison.
5. The author believes people simply do what, regarding their time in the park?
(a) Take too many chances.
(b) Stand too close to canyon edges.
(c) Touch poisonous plants.
(d) Get too close to the animals.
6. Between where was the first aircraft traveling when it crashed in Yellowstone?
(a) California and Montana.
(b) California and Oregon.
(c) California and New York.
(d) California and Nevada.
7. Where should one steer this boat?
(a) Close to shore.
(b) Near the north shore of the lake.
(c) To the center of the lake.
(d) Across the lake.
8. During a later physical fight, Zutavern starting beating Weber with a rock. How did Weber respond?
(a) He hit Zutavern with another rock.
(b) He stabbed Zutavern.
(c) He started screaming.
(d) By shooting Zutavern in the left breast.
9. Horse and stage coach accidents were fairly common, about _________ times more common than auto accidents today.
10. If you want to enjoy the wholeness of nature, you must do what?
(a) Watch nature on television and in movies.
(b) Where protective gear.
(c) Visit zoos and private parks.
(d) Accept the dangers and prepare for them yourself.
11. The automobile was allowed into Yellowstone in August, ___________ and the park has been motorized since the summer of 1917.
12. After serving five years President ________________ pardoned Weber after the German consul pulled for him.
(a) Benjamin Harrison.
(b) Grover Cleveland.
(c) Chester Arthur.
(d) James Garfield.
13. Regarding this balance, which way does the author believe our culture errs?
(a) Too far towards the former and away from the latter.
(b) Too far towards the latter and away from the former.
(c) Sometimes towards the latter and sometimes the former.
(d) In neither direction.
14. _________________ people have drowned in Yellowstone Lake and eleven (maybe seventeen) are of unrecovered bodies.
15. Seven have drowned from _______________ and due to falling in the Gardner River.
(c) Car wrecks.
(d) Wagon wrecks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stagecoach wrecks occurred one or more times a summer, but surprisingly, only_________ fatalities are known.
2. One death from _______________ occurred when, on August 15th, 1919, Louis Boatman was touring the park with his aunt and sister and decided to swim in the Yellowstone River.
3. Many people enter the wild every day how?
4. On August 20th, 1883, George Weber started arguing with John Zutavern; they were both employed by the park improvement company and were fighting over what?
5. What must everyone in the boat have?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)