|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Only _______________ hundred of the world's three hundred thousand species of plans have caused death or serious illness to those in the western hemisphere.
2. While they view the springs, Ratliff's dog 'Mossie', a large Mastiff, escaped from the car and jumped into Celestine Pool, which routinely measures _______ degrees Fahrenheit.
3. In most Yellowstone cases, the author argues, the ______________ are simply incorrect that the injury or death suffered was a true accident.
(a) Park rangers.
4. Walker pointed what at the bear?
(a) A cooking utensil.
(b) A knife.
(c) His gun.
(d) His flashlight.
5. Josey fell into a pool trying to help a _________ and was badly burned.
6. The National Park Service solved many of these problems by doing what?
(a) Warning people of the dangers of trees.
(b) Fencing in the forests.
(c) Cutting down many trees.
(d) Passing out hardhats to all visitors.
7. What soon happened when Kirwan got out of the water?
(a) He passed out.
(b) His skin was quickly peeling off and he soon went blind.
(c) He died.
(d) He was given a medal of honor.
8. What is one of these deadly plants?
(a) Angel's trumpet.
(b) Water hemlock.
(d) Poison ivy.
9. The author studied _______________________ cases in Yellowstone.
(b) Automobile accident.
(c) Wrongful death and personal injury.
(d) Influenza outbreak.
10. Where does the judge want fencing?
(a) Around the bear's habitat.
(b) Around campgrounds.
(c) Around each bear.
(d) Around the entire park.
11. Death in Yellowstone covers ____________ hundred deaths and each one was a very emotional story for someone, so the author has tried to be delicate.
12. The bear charged Crow and did what?
(a) Rolled away.
(b) Growled at him.
(c) Dodged him.
(d) Bit him.
13. How did the bear react to Walker's actions?
(a) It charged him.
(b) It growled at him.
(c) It ran the opposite direction.
(d) It swatted at him.
14. Yellowstone has only _______ of these dangerous species.
15. The author, Lee H. Whittlesey, was a Yellowstone Park Ranger and later a ______ student.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whittelsey was a ___________________ at the time.
2. When did Kirwan die?
3. Lorrie Grewe, 11, died on July 11th, 1972 due to who?
4. The clinic at Old Faithful could only do what for Kirwin?
5. What is another reason for why so many injuries occurred because of bears?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)