|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-25, Powerless in Eden: Deaths From Suicide, Missing and Presumed Dead, Deaths From Gas Stove Explosions and Structural Fires, Deaths From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning, Travel in Wonderland: Death on the Road and in the Air, Conclusion: Pay Attent.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most suicides have been by whom?
(a) Park employees.
(d) Park visitors.
2. In 1937, a horrible fire killed fifteen __________________ and injured thirty-nine others.
(b) Boy Scouts.
3. The clinic at Old Faithful could only do what for Kirwin?
(a) Give him glasses of water.
(b) Surgically remove the burned skin.
(c) Give him a large bandage.
(d) Pump IV fluids into his body.
4. In 1949 a bus accident killed who?
(a) A bus passenger.
(b) A park ranger.
(c) The driver.
(d) A pedestrian.
5. _________________ people have committed suicide in Yellowstone and four outside of the park.
Short Answer Questions
1. When bears attack, are they at fault?
2. Most of the river drownings are due to what?
3. Surprisingly, hot springs deaths occur more often than _________________ deaths.
4. What would cost $3,000?
5. Whittlesey argues that Yellowstone must not be what?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)