|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-20, Clash of Cultures: Deaths From Indian Battles, A Knockout at Bacon Rind: Deaths From Fights, A Death From Diving, Wild Horses: Deaths From Horse, Wagon, and Stagecoach Incidents, Deaths From Accidental and Self Defense Shootings, Malice in.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sometimes the temperature in Yellowstone falls to______________ degrees below zero.
2. An accidental shooting occurred on November 15th, 1938 when Robert Leroy 'Pud' Robinson, a thirteen year old son of the Master Mechanic of the park, was playing with a loaded .22 rifle. What happened?
(a) At 5:15 pm, he shot himself in the arm.
(b) At 5:15 pm, he shot his friend in the head.
(c) At 5:15 pm, he shot his sister in the head.
(d) At 5:15 pm, he shot himself in the head.
3. In two cases deaths were caused by people on the rim of the Grand Canyon doing what?
(a) Dislodging rocks.
(d) Leaning over the edge.
4. _____________ people have died in avalanches and at least eight from freezing or what is called 'exposure.'
5. Why has Yellowstone never been extensively logged for timber?
(a) The trees are of poor quality.
(b) There is no need for the wood at Yellowstone.
(c) it was set aside by Congress before settlers arrived.
(d) There is not a great amount of wood available.
Short Answer Questions
1. The injuries began early, at least in _________ when Macon Josey and photographer H.B. Calfee entered the area.
2. What court case was created because of this incident?
3. Seven victims of freezing and avalanches were army soldiers from __________________.
4. When Ferguson shot Carpenter, killing him, did a jury find him guilty?
5. Lorrie Grewe, 11, died on July 11th, 1972 due to who?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)