|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-20, Clash of Cultures: Deaths From Indian Battles, A Knockout at Bacon Rind: Deaths From Fights, A Death From Diving, Wild Horses: Deaths From Horse, Wagon, and Stagecoach Incidents, Deaths From Accidental and Self Defense Shootings, Malice in.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men had foolishly camped near __________________ by the Grand Geyser.
(a) Turban Geyser.
(b) Vent Geyser.
(c) Old Faithful.
(d) Upper Geyser Basin.
2. The horse and stagecoach era in Yellowstone lasted from 1872 to _____________.
3. Where should one steer this boat?
(a) Close to shore.
(b) To the center of the lake.
(c) Near the north shore of the lake.
(d) Across the lake.
4. The worst accident happened June 28th, __________, when Andy C. Hect, 9, was walking with his family along Crested Pool near Old Faithful.
5. George Wingate caused an avalanche in 1885. Was anyone hurt?
(a) Yes, only one.
(b) Yes, several.
(c) Yes, a few.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were this many people injured?
2. Whittelsey was a ___________________ at the time.
3. Horses combined with wagons have killed at least _____________ people.
4. One of the more interesting stories occurred when an Army soldier was shot by whom?
5. Prevailing winds can produce waves __________________ feet high.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)