|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-20, Clash of Cultures: Deaths From Indian Battles, A Knockout at Bacon Rind: Deaths From Fights, A Death From Diving, Wild Horses: Deaths From Horse, Wagon, and Stagecoach Incidents, Deaths From Accidental and Self Defense Shootings, Malice in.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The National Park Service solved many of these problems by doing what?
(a) Fencing in the forests.
(b) Passing out hardhats to all visitors.
(c) Warning people of the dangers of trees.
(d) Cutting down many trees.
2. Why were this many people injured?
(a) Visitors were feeding bears.
(b) There were more visitors.
(c) There were more bears.
(d) The bears were no longer afraid of the visitors.
3. On the __________, they saw a grizzly bear rooting through their campsite.
4. There was a special case of a man and wife, Mr. and Mrs. Earl J. Dunn, who did what on July 13th, 1924?
(a) They jumped off the rim of the Yellowstone Grand Canyon.
(b) They backed their car off the rim of the Yellowstone Grand Canyon.
(c) They drove their car off the rim of the Yellowstone Grand Canyon.
(d) They convinced someone else to jump off the rim of the Yellowstone Grand Canyon.
5. The author notes that even the very experienced, like his friend Randy Ingersoll, a fifteen year veteran ________________ in Yellowstone, was severely injured by a bear.
(d) Tour guide.
Short Answer Questions
1. The era of drowning began in the __________________, when many private boats and boat rentals occurred there.
2. What would cost $3,000?
3. Yellowstone has only _______ of these dangerous species.
4. It is more common than one would think in Montana, but not ______________.
5. When Ferguson shot Carpenter, killing him, did a jury find him guilty?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)