|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-14, Fatal Attraction: Deaths From Falls, Deaths From Forest Fires: Smoke Chasing Can Kill, The Gloom of Earthquakes: Shaky Breaky Park, Danger in the Water: Deaths From Drowning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author suggest that people get more in touch with nature?
(a) By studying bears.
(b) By living in the wilderness.
(c) By learning about it.
(d) By watching nature videos.
2. A ________________ soldier drowned due to falling in the water and another died from falling due to intoxication.
3. Lt. Joseph McDonald died in an odd place west of _________________.
(a) Nefertiti Gardens.
(b) Cleopatra Terrace.
(c) Ramses Plateau.
(d) Tutankhamun Ridge.
4. Walker pointed what at the bear?
(a) A knife.
(b) A cooking utensil.
(c) His flashlight.
(d) His gun.
5. When did Kirwan die?
(a) Later in the week.
(b) The next morning.
(c) That night.
(d) A month later.
Short Answer Questions
1. Robert Walker, age 6, died from what?
2. The clinic at Old Faithful could only do what for Kirwin?
3. What soon happened when Kirwan got out of the water?
4. On July 20th, _________, David Allen Kirwan, 24, and his friend, Ronald Ratliff, 25, parked at Yellowstone's Fountain Paint Pot.
5. Kirwan yelled, '______________' in response.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)