|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-14, Fatal Attraction: Deaths From Falls, Deaths From Forest Fires: Smoke Chasing Can Kill, The Gloom of Earthquakes: Shaky Breaky Park, Danger in the Water: Deaths From Drowning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yellowstone has only _______ of these dangerous species.
2. Stones on hillsides are not stationary and _____________ deaths have been caused in Yellowstone from falling rocks.
(a) Five to six.
(b) Three to four.
(c) Four to five.
(d) Two to three.
3. _____________ people have died in avalanches and at least eight from freezing or what is called 'exposure.'
4. How does the author suggest that people get more in touch with nature?
(a) By studying bears.
(b) By watching nature videos.
(c) By learning about it.
(d) By living in the wilderness.
5. What did Whittlesey think of the judge's request?
Short Answer Questions
1. More people in Yellowstone have died from _________________ than any other single cause of death save those not included in the book.
2. The clinic at Old Faithful could only do what for Kirwin?
3. Walker pointed what at the bear?
4. The author notes that even the very experienced, like his friend Randy Ingersoll, a fifteen year veteran ________________ in Yellowstone, was severely injured by a bear.
5. Death in Yellowstone covers ____________ hundred deaths and each one was a very emotional story for someone, so the author has tried to be delicate.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)