|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-14, Fatal Attraction: Deaths From Falls, Deaths From Forest Fires: Smoke Chasing Can Kill, The Gloom of Earthquakes: Shaky Breaky Park, Danger in the Water: Deaths From Drowning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first documented death occurred in __________, a man by the name of Frank Welch, 61.
2. How did the bear react to Walker's actions?
(a) It ran the opposite direction.
(b) It growled at him.
(c) It charged him.
(d) It swatted at him.
3. There was a special case of a man and wife, Mr. and Mrs. Earl J. Dunn, who did what on July 13th, 1924?
(a) They jumped off the rim of the Yellowstone Grand Canyon.
(b) They convinced someone else to jump off the rim of the Yellowstone Grand Canyon.
(c) They drove their car off the rim of the Yellowstone Grand Canyon.
(d) They backed their car off the rim of the Yellowstone Grand Canyon.
4. The most drownings have occurred in __________________ Lake and arguably no body of water in the Park (and probably in the whole United States) is more potentially dangerous.
5. ____________________ is dangerous because it looks like an edible wild parsnip and carrot.
(a) The Water hemlock.
(d) Angel's trumpet.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is _____________ that forest fires take lives in Yellowstone.
2. Who was the only person to die in a cave-in?
3. While they view the springs, Ratliff's dog 'Mossie', a large Mastiff, escaped from the car and jumped into Celestine Pool, which routinely measures _______ degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Most deaths are due to what regarding this lake?
5. How does the author suggest that people get more in touch with nature?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)