|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-10,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What court case was created because of this incident?
(a) A wrongful death lawsuit was filed against the bear.
(b) A wrongful death lawsuit was filed against park management.
(c) A wrongful death lawsuit was filed against the National Park Society.
(d) A wrongful death lawsuit was filed against Walker's friend.
2. Two hard-and-fast rules in Yellowstone are what?
(a) To not walk or ski in a thermal area in dark or blizzard conditions and to always camp in your assigned backcountry site.
(b) To keep children in sight and to never bring pets.
(c) To not go near thermal areas and to stay in your tent at night.
(d) To follow marked trails only and to avoid leaving food in open containers.
3. Whittlesey understands that humans want to do what regarding large animals?
(a) Hug them.
(b) Run away from them.
(c) Touch them.
(d) Kill them.
4. Why might people want to do this regarding large animals?
(a) Due to allergies.
(b) Due to fear.
(c) Due to domination.
(d) For affection or domination.
5. The author, Lee H. Whittlesey, was a Yellowstone Park Ranger and later a ______ student.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the only person to die in a cave-in?
2. Because Walker and Crow hitchhiked in illegally, what did they miss?
3. At least ___________ people have died from lightning strikes throughout the history of Yellowstone.
4. Other people added their injuries to his campaign and it resulted in increased funding for what and more warnings in handout literature?
5. New trails were carved for what purpose?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)