|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-10,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bears have injured people throughout Yellowstone's history. Are deaths common?
(b) Not recently.
(c) Not early on.
2. A _________________ was killed by lightening in the park on August 27th, 1894, named Bayard T. "Curley" Rogers.
(a) Guide, animal trainer, and teacher.
(b) Doctor, hunter, and trapper.
(c) Trapper, hunter and guide.
(d) Veterinarian, guide, and animal trainer.
3. How did the bear react to Walker's actions?
(a) It growled at him.
(b) It ran the opposite direction.
(c) It charged him.
(d) It swatted at him.
4. How many human deaths have occurred because of poisonous gases?
(a) Only one.
5. The two naturally occurring poisonous gases in Yellowstone are _____________________.
(a) Nitrous oxide and hydrogen sulphide.
(b) Nitrous oxide and perfluorocarbons.
(c) Sulphur hexafluoride and carbon dioxide.
(d) Hydrogen sulphide and carbon dioxide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kirwan prepared to go in the spring and a bystander yelled what?
2. Only _______________ hundred of the world's three hundred thousand species of plans have caused death or serious illness to those in the western hemisphere.
3. The first avalanche victim was ________________ on February 21st, 1884.
4. What had happened to Walker's body?
5. Nineteen have died due to hot springs and ______________ were children.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)