|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-10,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first documented death occurred in __________, a man by the name of Frank Welch, 61.
2. On July 20th, _________, David Allen Kirwan, 24, and his friend, Ronald Ratliff, 25, parked at Yellowstone's Fountain Paint Pot.
3. How did the bear react to Walker's actions?
(a) It charged him.
(b) It growled at him.
(c) It swatted at him.
(d) It ran the opposite direction.
4. Surprisingly, hot springs deaths occur more often than _________________ deaths.
(a) Lightning strike.
(c) Grizzly bear.
5. Why might people want to do this regarding large animals?
(a) For affection or domination.
(b) Due to fear.
(c) Due to allergies.
(d) Due to domination.
Short Answer Questions
1. Death in Yellowstone covers ____________ hundred deaths and each one was a very emotional story for someone, so the author has tried to be delicate.
2. _____________ people have died in avalanches and at least eight from freezing or what is called 'exposure.'
3. George Wingate caused an avalanche in 1885. Was anyone hurt?
4. ________________ people have died from falling trees in the park inside of buildings and one outside.
5. The clinic at Old Faithful could only do what for Kirwin?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)