|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-10,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Walker's body found?
(a) At 12:00 pm.
(b) At 12:00 am.
(c) At 5:00 pm.
(d) At 5:00 am.
2. Harry Walker, 25, on Friday, ____________________, hitchhiked into Yellowstone Park illegally with his friend 'Crow.'
(a) June 23rd, 1973.
(b) July 23rd, 1973.
(c) November 23rd, 1973.
(d) January 23rd, 1973.
3. How did the bear react to Walker's actions?
(a) It charged him.
(b) It growled at him.
(c) It ran the opposite direction.
(d) It swatted at him.
4. A ___________________ named Isaac Rowe died June 19th, 1899.
5. Why were this many people injured?
(a) Visitors were feeding bears.
(b) There were more bears.
(c) There were more visitors.
(d) The bears were no longer afraid of the visitors.
Short Answer Questions
1. On July 20th, _________, David Allen Kirwan, 24, and his friend, Ronald Ratliff, 25, parked at Yellowstone's Fountain Paint Pot.
2. What did the bear do with Walker?
3. The author notes that even the very experienced, like his friend Randy Ingersoll, a fifteen year veteran ________________ in Yellowstone, was severely injured by a bear.
4. Surprisingly, hot springs deaths occur more often than _________________ deaths.
5. New trails were carved for what purpose?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)