|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Human Deaths from Bears and How to Keep Them From Happening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. New trails were carved for what purpose?
(a) To bring visitors closer to the springs and geysers.
(b) To give visitors something to do other than visit springs and geysers.
(c) To avoid springs and geysers.
(d) To encourage visitors to go hiking.
2. What is another reason for why so many injuries occurred because of bears?
(a) There were garbage dumps behind camp hotels.
(b) The fences had been taken down to create a more natural setting.
(c) The bears began to like to attack humans.
(d) The camp sites were being built deep in the wilderness.
3. The first documented death occurred in __________, a man by the name of Frank Welch, 61.
4. Kirwan prepared to go in the spring and a bystander yelled what?
(a) To test the temperature of the water.
(b) Not to do so.
(c) To hurry up.
(d) To be careful.
5. One of the worst things about falling into the spring is realizing what?
(a) One could become blind.
(b) One could die instantly.
(c) One could remain fully conscious for hours awaiting death.
(d) One could get second degree burns.
Short Answer Questions
1. On July 20th, _________, David Allen Kirwan, 24, and his friend, Ronald Ratliff, 25, parked at Yellowstone's Fountain Paint Pot.
2. Whittelsey was a ___________________ at the time.
3. When bears attack, are they at fault?
4. What soon happened when Kirwan got out of the water?
5. When was Walker's body found?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)