|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Human Deaths from Bears and How to Keep Them From Happening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Kirwan die?
(a) Later in the week.
(b) The next morning.
(c) A month later.
(d) That night.
2. Josey fell into a pool trying to help a _________ and was badly burned.
3. Where does the judge want fencing?
(a) Around campgrounds.
(b) Around the entire park.
(c) Around each bear.
(d) Around the bear's habitat.
4. Because Walker and Crow hitchhiked in illegally, what did they miss?
(a) The standard warning literature.
(b) The chance to see a live bear.
(c) The bear-proof containers for holding food.
(d) The chance to purchase a camp site.
5. The worst accident happened June 28th, __________, when Andy C. Hect, 9, was walking with his family along Crested Pool near Old Faithful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were this many people injured?
2. Nineteen have died due to hot springs and ______________ were children.
3. James filed a wrongful death lawsuit and received _______________.
4. In most Yellowstone cases, the author argues, the ______________ are simply incorrect that the injury or death suffered was a true accident.
5. The men had foolishly camped near __________________ by the Grand Geyser.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)