|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction, Chapters 1-2, Hold Fast to Your Children: Death in Hot Water, 'These Animals Are Not Real': The Myth That Can Kill You!.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kirwan yelled, '______________' in response.
(a) Like hell I won't.
(b) I don't have time.
(c) I will.
(d) You hurry up.
2. Whittlesey then discusses the case of John Mark Williams, who is the only person to die in a hot springs when?
(a) In the fall.
(b) In the winter.
(c) In the summer.
(d) In the spring.
3. Surprisingly, hot springs deaths occur more often than _________________ deaths.
(a) Lightning strike.
(c) Grizzly bear.
4. The author, Lee H. Whittlesey, was a Yellowstone Park Ranger and later a ______ student.
5. Kirwan prepared to go in the spring and a bystander yelled what?
(a) To hurry up.
(b) Not to do so.
(c) To be careful.
(d) To test the temperature of the water.
Short Answer Questions
1. By 1993, ___________ deaths had occurred because of a bison attack, but the potential for injuries is great.
2. In ____________, Walter Watson died by falling in a deep geyser tube.
3. James filed a wrongful death lawsuit and received _______________.
4. Death in Yellowstone covers ____________ hundred deaths and each one was a very emotional story for someone, so the author has tried to be delicate.
5. The injuries began early, at least in _________ when Macon Josey and photographer H.B. Calfee entered the area.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)