|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction, Chapters 1-2, Hold Fast to Your Children: Death in Hot Water, 'These Animals Are Not Real': The Myth That Can Kill You!.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Death in Yellowstone covers ____________ hundred deaths and each one was a very emotional story for someone, so the author has tried to be delicate.
2. By 1993, ___________ deaths had occurred because of a bison attack, but the potential for injuries is great.
(a) Only one.
(b) Only two.
(c) Only five.
3. Lester LaDuke, aged 4, died at _____________ Hot Springs on July 23rd, 1905.
(b) Old Yeller.
4. The worst accident happened June 28th, __________, when Andy C. Hect, 9, was walking with his family along Crested Pool near Old Faithful.
5. Andy's father, named James Hecht, wrote who to encourage him to take positive action and he and his wife organized to make the National Park Service commit to improved safety?
(a) The Secretary of Defense.
(b) The Secretary of the Interior.
(c) President of the U.S.
(d) The Secretary of State.
Short Answer Questions
1. On July 20th, _________, David Allen Kirwan, 24, and his friend, Ronald Ratliff, 25, parked at Yellowstone's Fountain Paint Pot.
2. Other people added their injuries to his campaign and it resulted in increased funding for what and more warnings in handout literature?
3. The author, Lee H. Whittlesey, was a Yellowstone Park Ranger and later a ______ student.
4. Two hard-and-fast rules in Yellowstone are what?
5. Josey fell into a pool trying to help a _________ and was badly burned.
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)