|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction, Chapters 1-2, Hold Fast to Your Children: Death in Hot Water, 'These Animals Are Not Real': The Myth That Can Kill You!.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lester LaDuke, aged 4, died at _____________ Hot Springs on July 23rd, 1905.
(a) Old Yeller.
2. The worst accident happened June 28th, __________, when Andy C. Hect, 9, was walking with his family along Crested Pool near Old Faithful.
3. Death in Yellowstone covers ____________ hundred deaths and each one was a very emotional story for someone, so the author has tried to be delicate.
4. Nineteen have died due to hot springs and ______________ were children.
5. James filed a wrongful death lawsuit and received _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. By 1993, ___________ deaths had occurred because of a bison attack, but the potential for injuries is great.
2. In ____________, Walter Watson died by falling in a deep geyser tube.
3. While they view the springs, Ratliff's dog 'Mossie', a large Mastiff, escaped from the car and jumped into Celestine Pool, which routinely measures _______ degrees Fahrenheit.
4. The author, Lee H. Whittlesey, was a Yellowstone Park Ranger and later a ______ student.
5. Ultimately Kirwan had third degree burns on ______________.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)