|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction, Chapters 1-2, Hold Fast to Your Children: Death in Hot Water, 'These Animals Are Not Real': The Myth That Can Kill You!.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James filed a wrongful death lawsuit and received _______________.
2. Two women died in __________________ in 1901 though the park ranger failed to reported it.
(a) The Palm Springs.
(b) The Finger Lakes.
(c) The Foothills.
(d) The Thumb Paintpots.
3. Kirwan yelled, '______________' in response.
(a) You hurry up.
(b) Like hell I won't.
(c) I will.
(d) I don't have time.
4. Surprisingly, hot springs deaths occur more often than _________________ deaths.
(a) Lightning strike.
(b) Grizzly bear.
5. When did Kirwan die?
(a) Later in the week.
(b) A month later.
(c) That night.
(d) The next morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Josey fell into a pool trying to help a _________ and was badly burned.
2. The clinic at Old Faithful could only do what for Kirwin?
3. In most Yellowstone cases, the author argues, the ______________ are simply incorrect that the injury or death suffered was a true accident.
4. The author, Lee H. Whittlesey, was a Yellowstone Park Ranger and later a ______ student.
5. Andy's father, named James Hecht, wrote who to encourage him to take positive action and he and his wife organized to make the National Park Service commit to improved safety?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)