|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-14, Fatal Attraction: Deaths From Falls, Deaths From Forest Fires: Smoke Chasing Can Kill, The Gloom of Earthquakes: Shaky Breaky Park, Danger in the Water: Deaths From Drowning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Six deadly poisonous ____________________ grow in Yellowstone as well, such as the Death Cap, Destroying Angel, Deadly Concybe, Deadly Cort, Deadly Galerina, and the Conifer False Model.
2. One of the worst things about falling into the spring is realizing what?
(a) One could get second degree burns.
(b) One could die instantly.
(c) One could remain fully conscious for hours awaiting death.
(d) One could become blind.
3. Stones on hillsides are not stationary and _____________ deaths have been caused in Yellowstone from falling rocks.
(a) Three to four.
(b) Two to three.
(c) Five to six.
(d) Four to five.
4. Seven victims of freezing and avalanches were army soldiers from __________________.
(a) Fort Yellowstone.
(b) Fort Stewart.
(c) Fort Campbell.
(d) Fort Belvoire.
5. Why were this many people injured?
(a) There were more bears.
(b) Visitors were feeding bears.
(c) There were more visitors.
(d) The bears were no longer afraid of the visitors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Both gases are found in high concentrations where?
2. Why has Yellowstone never been extensively logged for timber?
3. An early death occurred in ____________ due to twenty-year-old John Havekost and his acquaintance Perry Norris.
4. Andy's father, named James Hecht, wrote who to encourage him to take positive action and he and his wife organized to make the National Park Service commit to improved safety?
5. Seven have drowned in ________________ Lake.
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)