|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-14, Fatal Attraction: Deaths From Falls, Deaths From Forest Fires: Smoke Chasing Can Kill, The Gloom of Earthquakes: Shaky Breaky Park, Danger in the Water: Deaths From Drowning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prevailing winds can produce waves __________________ feet high.
(a) Five to six.
(b) Two to three.
(c) Four to five.
(d) Three to four.
2. What did Whittlesey think of the judge's request?
3. There was a special case of a man and wife, Mr. and Mrs. Earl J. Dunn, who did what on July 13th, 1924?
(a) They jumped off the rim of the Yellowstone Grand Canyon.
(b) They drove their car off the rim of the Yellowstone Grand Canyon.
(c) They convinced someone else to jump off the rim of the Yellowstone Grand Canyon.
(d) They backed their car off the rim of the Yellowstone Grand Canyon.
4. The most drownings have occurred in __________________ Lake and arguably no body of water in the Park (and probably in the whole United States) is more potentially dangerous.
5. Full board walkways were not introduced into thermal areas until the __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In two cases deaths were caused by people on the rim of the Grand Canyon doing what?
2. However, the Yellowstone River has claimed ____________________ lives.
3. The National Park Service solved many of these problems by doing what?
4. Robert Walker, age 6, died from what?
5. Why were this many people injured?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)