|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-20, Clash of Cultures: Deaths From Indian Battles, A Knockout at Bacon Rind: Deaths From Fights, A Death From Diving, Wild Horses: Deaths From Horse, Wagon, and Stagecoach Incidents, Deaths From Accidental and Self Defense Shootings, Malice in.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The horse and stagecoach era in Yellowstone lasted from 1872 to _____________.
2. A self-defense shooting happened in 1886 when stockmen Alex Ferguson and Charles Carpenter had just had a fight about what?
(a) Carpenter's cattle being on Ferguson's land.
(b) Ferguson stealing cattle from Carpenter.
(c) Carpenter stealing cattle from Ferguson.
(d) Ferguson's cattle being on Carpenter's land.
3. When bears attack, are they at fault?
4. ________________ of horses once occupied the park during the 'Grand Tour' which often occurred in stagecoaches that would last for five to ten days.
(d) Tens of thousands.
5. A _________________ was killed by lightening in the park on August 27th, 1894, named Bayard T. "Curley" Rogers.
(a) Doctor, hunter, and trapper.
(b) Trapper, hunter and guide.
(c) Veterinarian, guide, and animal trainer.
(d) Guide, animal trainer, and teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Six deadly poisonous ____________________ grow in Yellowstone as well, such as the Death Cap, Destroying Angel, Deadly Concybe, Deadly Cort, Deadly Galerina, and the Conifer False Model.
2. A ___________________ named Isaac Rowe died June 19th, 1899.
3. What is one of these deadly plants?
4. Only _______________ hundred of the world's three hundred thousand species of plans have caused death or serious illness to those in the western hemisphere.
5. Seven victims of freezing and avalanches were army soldiers from __________________.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)