|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-20, Clash of Cultures: Deaths From Indian Battles, A Knockout at Bacon Rind: Deaths From Fights, A Death From Diving, Wild Horses: Deaths From Horse, Wagon, and Stagecoach Incidents, Deaths From Accidental and Self Defense Shootings, Malice in.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Blackfeet to the _____________ and the Crows to the northeast.
2. Whittlesey understands that humans want to do what regarding large animals?
(a) Hug them.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Touch them.
(d) Run away from them.
3. Sometimes the temperature in Yellowstone falls to______________ degrees below zero.
4. In two cases deaths were caused by people on the rim of the Grand Canyon doing what?
(c) Dislodging rocks.
(d) Leaning over the edge.
5. What court case was created because of this incident?
(a) A wrongful death lawsuit was filed against park management.
(b) A wrongful death lawsuit was filed against Walker's friend.
(c) A wrongful death lawsuit was filed against the bear.
(d) A wrongful death lawsuit was filed against the National Park Society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Horse and stage coach accidents were fairly common, about _________ times more common than auto accidents today.
2. Mrs. Joseph Lippman was killed in ___________ when their stagecoach struck a rock on the road and flipped over.
3. Why has Yellowstone never been extensively logged for timber?
4. Six deadly poisonous ____________________ grow in Yellowstone as well, such as the Death Cap, Destroying Angel, Deadly Concybe, Deadly Cort, Deadly Galerina, and the Conifer False Model.
5. A _________________ was killed by lightening in the park on August 27th, 1894, named Bayard T. "Curley" Rogers.
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)