|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Cape Buffalo sometime referred to as?
2. What will the herd do if the lead female elephant is killed first?
3. What kind of weapon does Silent attack the Chabunkwa lion with?
4. What does Capstick use to kill the leopard?
5. Which country's government builds an elephant processing factory?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does July's only surviving son disappear?
2. How do Willy and Colin eventually kill the lion?
3. How does the buffalo injure Capstick?
4. What is the story of the Rudraprayag leopard?
5. Why is it technically incorrect to call leopards panthers?
6. How does the local man deal with the cape buffalo charging at him in Chapter 4?
7. Describe the African Cape Buffalo.
8. How do Antonio and Capstick kill the elephant in Chapter 2?
9. What exceptions are there to the leopard that usually only occasionally attacks and kills a human?
10. How does the lioness defeat Willy De Beer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the Rudraprayag leopard. Why did the Rudraprayag leopard terrorize the village? Have there been any similar incidents in the past? How could the villagers have lured and killed the leopard?
Essay Topic 2
What makes leopards Africa's best predators? How does Capstick show how the leopard's superior hunting skills are a serious danger to humans? How can either a human or animal defeat the leopard?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the damage the following snakes' venom can do to human and how a human can stop the snake from attacking:
2) Puff adder
3) Black mamba
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)