|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the elephant offal converted into?
2. What does Silent hurl at the elephant bull's face?
3. What does Silent hit the lion in the face with?
4. What does Capstick give July before he is lead away?
5. What part of the human to leopards generally go for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the hunters kill the lioness which eats Hankin?
2. How does Silent force the lion to retreat in Chapter 1?
3. How does Capstick kill the buffalo?
4. Why is it technically incorrect to call leopards panthers?
5. Why does Capstick think elephants are misrepresented in the media?
6. How does Capstick kill the lion in Chapter 1?
7. Describe elephant ivory tusks.
8. What is the story of the Rudraprayag leopard?
9. How do Antonio and Capstick kill the elephant in Chapter 2?
10. Why does Capstick recommend to approach a dead elephant carefully?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the book.
1) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's ideas?
2) Examine the way Capstick uses other people in his book to express his ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the damage the following snakes' venom can do to human and how a human can stop the snake from attacking:
2) Puff adder
3) Black mamba
Essay Topic 3
What makes leopards Africa's best predators? How does Capstick show how the leopard's superior hunting skills are a serious danger to humans? How can either a human or animal defeat the leopard?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)