|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country's government builds an elephant processing factory?
2. Where does Capstick track the buffalo to?
3. What does Colin lose in his fight with the lion?
4. What is the name of Capstick's two brother guides?
5. What word does Capstick use to describe a buffalo's sense of smell?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe elephant ivory tusks.
2. How do Willy and Colin eventually kill the lion?
3. How does Capstick kill the lion in Chapter 1?
4. Describe the African Cape Buffalo.
5. Describe the typical Asian and African leopard.
6. What happens to Peter Hankin in Chapter 1?
7. How does the buffalo injure Capstick?
8. What do studies demonstrate about man-eating leopards?
9. How does Capstick prove his buffalo kill was legitimate?
10. How does the cape buffalo kill the local man in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following animals from the text--leopard, lion, snake and crocodile--and examine it in relation to its:
1) Hunting skills
3) Methods it uses to kill its prey
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the animals in the book and examine the myths surrounding that animal in popular culture. What myths are there? How did these myths develop? What is the truth behind the myth?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the stories Rinpoche tells through the book. Why are Capstick's stories so graphic? What does the graphic way he tells his stories so about how he views hunting and wildlife in general?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)