|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the buffalo's body does Capstick's first slug strike?
2. What does the local man run to for safety?
3. What kind of animal charges at the local man?
4. Who killed the leopard that ate 26 humans?
5. Which of the following is not included in Capstick's leopard kit?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what two ways do elephants kill humans?
2. How does Capstick prove his buffalo kill was legitimate?
3. How does the local man deal with the cape buffalo charging at him in Chapter 4?
4. Describe the elephant species.
5. Why does Capstick think elephants are misrepresented in the media?
6. What happens to Peter Hankin in Chapter 1?
7. How do Antonio and Capstick kill the elephant in Chapter 2?
8. How does Silent force the lion to retreat in Chapter 1?
9. How does the cape buffalo kill the local man in Chapter 4?
10. How does the lioness defeat Willy De Beer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following animals from the text--leopard, lion, snake and crocodile--and examine it in relation to its:
1) Hunting skills
3) Methods it uses to kill its prey
Essay Topic 2
Discuss differences between the novel and autobiography formats. What are the main elements of a novel? What are the main elements of an autobiography? What can novelists express that an autobiographer cannot? How can autobiographies keep to the facts while still maintaining a level of entertainment?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the lioness' attack on Len and Jean Harvey. Why do you think the lioness attacks the couple? What effect could such a negative representation of lions have the reader impressions about the animal?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)