|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On which continent can you find the most notable man-eating leopards?
2. What is the Chabunkwa man-eater named after?
3. What kind of elephants does Capstick say are typically aggressive?
4. Where was the elephant ivory and leather auctioned?
5. Which character ends up killing the lion?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the cape buffalo kill the local man in Chapter 4?
2. Why is it technically incorrect to call leopards panthers?
3. Describe the elephant species.
4. What is the story of the Rudraprayag leopard?
5. Why is it so difficult to kill wild elephants?
6. How does the buffalo injure Capstick?
7. Describe the typical Asian and African leopard.
8. How do Willy and Colin eventually kill the lion?
9. Describe Peter Hathaway Capstick's life.
10. Why does Capstick think most man-eating leopards are found in Asia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the damage the following snakes' venom can do to human and how a human can stop the snake from attacking:
2) Puff adder
3) Black mamba
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Capstick's life. In what way do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book? What elements seem to be wholly fictionalized?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following animals from the text--hippo, elephant, buffalo and rhino--and examine it in relation to its:
1) Methods it uses to kill
3) Its danger to humans
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)