|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the local man run to for safety?
2. Where did Capstick first find hunting jobs?
3. What do elephants use to throw people in the air?
4. Where does the lion bite Jean Harvey?
5. What should a hunter aim for when killing an elephant?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what two ways do elephants kill humans?
2. How do the hunters kill the lioness which eats Hankin?
3. How does the local man deal with the cape buffalo charging at him in Chapter 4?
4. How does Silent force the lion to retreat in Chapter 1?
5. Describe the typical Asian and African leopard.
6. Describe Peter Hathaway Capstick's life.
7. What is the story of the Rudraprayag leopard?
8. What happens to Peter Hankin in Chapter 1?
9. How does the cape buffalo kill the local man in Chapter 4?
10. Why does Capstick think elephants are misrepresented in the media?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following animals from the text--leopard, lion, snake and crocodile--and examine it in relation to its:
1) Hunting skills
3) Methods it uses to kill its prey
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the animals Capstick represents in the book and examine how a hunter can track down and kill that animal.
1) What does a hunter need to track down the animal?
2) What does a hunter need to be aware of when tracking down the animal?
3) What is the most efficient way a hunter can kill the animal?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss differences between the novel and autobiography formats. What are the main elements of a novel? What are the main elements of an autobiography? What can novelists express that an autobiographer cannot? How can autobiographies keep to the facts while still maintaining a level of entertainment?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)