|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following buffalo is not extinct?
2. What does Capstick show officials to convince them the buffalo kill was legal?
3. Who helped Capstick kill 700 elephants?
4. What part of the human to leopards generally go for?
5. What does Colin lose in his fight with the lion?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the hunters kill the lioness which eats Hankin?
2. How do elephants destroy the environment?
3. Why does Capstick think elephants are misrepresented in the media?
4. What do studies demonstrate about man-eating leopards?
5. Describe the elephant species.
6. How does Len Harvey get into a fight with a lioness in Chapter 1?
7. How does July's only surviving son disappear?
8. Describe Peter Hathaway Capstick's life.
9. What exceptions are there to the leopard that usually only occasionally attacks and kills a human?
10. Why is it so difficult to kill wild elephants?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the animals Capstick represents in the book and examine how a hunter can track down and kill that animal.
1) What does a hunter need to track down the animal?
2) What does a hunter need to be aware of when tracking down the animal?
3) What is the most efficient way a hunter can kill the animal?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following snakes and examine when they are most likely to attack, how they attack and how to save someone somebody who has been attacked by that snake:
1) Black mamba
3) Puff adder
Essay Topic 3
How do elephants destroy the local environment and what does it cause both for the wildlife and humans? How can the authorities prevent elephants from destroying the wildlife?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)