|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a species of African elephant?
(a) Juniper Jumbo
(b) Horec Afro
(c) Great Mammonth Trampler
(d) Loxodonta Africana
2. Why is it important to kill all elephants in a group?
(a) They will fall into deep depression
(b) They will become aggressive around humans
(c) They will destory the environment
(d) They will starve themselves
3. What nationality is the hunter, M. Cornon?
4. What are the names of Capstick's two trackers?
(a) Fanny and Alexander
(b) Simone and Debalo
(c) Silent and Invisible
(d) Roger and Nigel
5. What is the L Africana also known as?
(b) African bubble elephant
(c) King of Africa
(d) African bush elephant
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Capstick first find hunting jobs?
2. What does Capstick give July before he is lead away?
3. When do hunters usually shoot leopards?
4. What kind of animal attacks July's son?
5. What animal does Capstick say is the most successful predator in the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Peter Hathaway Capstick's life.
2. In what two ways do elephants kill humans?
3. What exceptions are there to the leopard that usually only occasionally attacks and kills a human?
4. Why does Capstick recommend to approach a dead elephant carefully?
5. How does Capstick kill the lion in Chapter 1?
6. What do studies demonstrate about man-eating leopards?
7. How does the lioness defeat Willy De Beer?
8. How does Capstick kill the buffalo?
9. Why does Capstick think elephants are misrepresented in the media?
10. Describe the typical Asian and African leopard.
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)