|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the elephant carcasses taken to?
(a) The surrounding villages
(b) North America
(d) A processing factory
2. What word does Capstick use to describe a buffalo's sense of smell?
3. Where was the elephant ivory and leather auctioned?
(b) The African markets
(c) New York
(d) The international market
4. Which animal is most famous for feasting on buffalo?
5. Which country's government builds an elephant processing factory?
(c) South Africa
6. Where does the lion bite Jean Harvey?
(a) On her cheek
(b) On her buttocks
(c) On her arm
(d) In the small of the back
7. What animal does Capstick say is the most successful predator in the world?
8. What does the local man run to for safety?
(a) A hotel
(b) A cave
(c) His hut
(d) A tree
9. What is the Cape Buffalo sometime referred to as?
(a) A water buffalo
(b) A land buffalo
(c) A bully
(d) A Tazmanian devil
10. What was the elephant offal converted into?
11. What is the best weapon for tracking a wounded leopard?
(a) An elephant gun
(b) A magnum
(c) A 12-gauge shotgun
(d) A machine gun
12. What is the brand of the bottle Silent uses?
13. What is the lion that killed eight people known as?
(a) The spirit
(b) The Zambian wild cat
(c) The hungry lion
(d) The Chabunkwa man-eater
14. What are elephants historically hunted for?
15. What do elephants use to throw people in the air?
(a) Their tusks
(b) Their feet
(c) Their trunks
(d) Their tails
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following buffalo is not extinct?
2. What is the name of the older man at the beginning of the chapter?
3. What kind of animal charges at the local man?
4. Why does Capstick use a parachute flare to hunt a buffalo?
5. What does Capstick show officials to convince them the buffalo kill was legal?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)