|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following buffalo is not extinct?
(c) Cape Buffalo
2. What will the herd do if the lead female elephant is killed first?
(a) Mill about in confusion
(b) Charge the killer
(c) Run away
(d) Eat their female leader
3. What does the buffalo do with the local man's corpse?
(a) Grinds it into the dirt
(b) Carries it into the forest
(c) Eats it
(d) Buries it
4. What was Capstick hired as a game warden to do?
(a) Protect the elephants
(b) Cull elephant herds
(c) Lead safaris
(d) Kill illegal hunters
5. Which of the following characters is Silent's brother?
6. What is the name of the Italian client Capstick guides at the end of the chapter?
7. What is the name of the older man at the beginning of the chapter?
8. What university did Capstick attend?
9. Who helped Capstick kill 700 elephants?
(a) Jimmy Whale
(c) Willy De Beer
(d) Bob Langeveldt
10. Which of the following animals is not a panther?
11. Which of the following characters in this chapter has never fired a gun?
12. What smacks into Capstick's face, damaging his eye?
(a) His own finger
(b) A spear
(c) The buffalo's horns
(d) His gun
13. What kind of insect do buffalos attract?
(a) Tse-tse flies
(c) Dragon flies
14. What does Capstick say the elephant destroys?
(a) The environment
15. What is Willy blinded by?
(a) His scalp
(c) His rage
(d) Acid rain
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the elephant carcasses taken to?
2. What word does Capstick use to describe a buffalo's sense of smell?
3. What is it technically incorrect to call leopards?
4. What does Capstick say there is no such thing as?
5. What does Capstick say Panthera describes?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)