|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it important to kill all elephants in a group?
(a) They will destory the environment
(b) They will fall into deep depression
(c) They will become aggressive around humans
(d) They will starve themselves
2. What was the elephant offal converted into?
3. What does Capstick give July before he is lead away?
(a) A photograph
(b) An injection
(c) A signed book
(d) A pat on the back
4. Which country's government builds an elephant processing factory?
(c) South Africa
5. Which of the following buffalo is not extinct?
(d) Cape Buffalo
6. Where does the lion bite Jean Harvey?
(a) On her buttocks
(b) On her cheek
(c) In the small of the back
(d) On her arm
7. What are the names of Capstick's two trackers?
(a) Silent and Invisible
(b) Simone and Debalo
(c) Fanny and Alexander
(d) Roger and Nigel
8. Where does Capstick track the buffalo to?
(a) A cave
(b) A lake
(c) A large thicket
(d) A riverside
9. What kind of animal attacks July's son?
10. Who helped Capstick kill 700 elephants?
(b) Willy De Beer
(c) Bob Langeveldt
(d) Jimmy Whale
11. What is the name of the older man at the beginning of the chapter?
12. What does Capstick say Panthera describes?
(a) A genus
(b) A sub-species
(c) A panther
(d) A pack
13. How does Willy enter Len's cabin?
(a) Foot first
(b) Gun first
(c) Beer belly first
(d) Head first
14. What was Capstick hired as a game warden to do?
(a) Protect the elephants
(b) Cull elephant herds
(c) Kill illegal hunters
(d) Lead safaris
15. Where do hunters usually wire leopard bait?
(a) A tree
(b) Near a river
(c) A root
(d) A bush
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Capstick's Italian client in this chapter?
2. What can buffalo function on if a gunshot does not kill it immediately?
3. What is the lion that killed eight people known as?
4. Which character ends up killing the lion?
5. When do hunters usually shoot leopards?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)