|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the class that Harry joined?
(a) Sociology Today.
(b) Inner Life Empowerment.
(c) Transcending Life.
(d) The Inner Voyage.
2. What does measuring the distance between two holes on the bones show Brennan in Chapter 27?
(a) It reaffirms that scavengers made the markings.
(b) It shows that Brennan missed something.
(c) It proves that they were made by a larger animal.
(d) It shows that the victim was dropped on something sharp.
3. What were the victims from Murtry Island drugged with?
4. How does Brennan know the person attacking her in Chapter 34 is the killer of Malachy and Mathias?
(a) The ring on the attackers hand matches the bruise on Malachy.
(b) The person bites in the same place as the other victims.
(c) The hands are the right size.
(d) The person is the right height and weight.
5. Why, according to the cult leader, were the twin infants meant to die?
(a) They were evil in duplicate.
(b) They were sent ahead to prepare the way.
(c) They insulted the leader.
(d) One of the parents were supposed to procreate with the leader instead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ryan tell Brennan that leaves her in shock at the end of Chapter 20?
2. In Chapter 25, Kathryn tells that Dom does not believe in what?
3. In Chapter 28, what is another link Brennan believes exists among the murder victims?
4. What does the note in Chapter 21 say?
5. What does Kit find out about the Inner Life Empowerment program in Chapter 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 27, why is Kit worried about Harry?
2. In Chapter 32, Ryan updates Brennan on the case. How did the cult members avoid the police?
3. In Chapter 26, what are the three things that have probably set off Dom Owens' cult into a violent phase? Who tells Brennan this?
4. What is the anti-climactic event that happens in Chapter 24? Why is it anti-climatic?
5. In Chapter 35, Brennan finally reveals the mystery of the Elisabeth Nicolet bones. What was the mystery? Why might it be a problem?
6. The climax occurs at the end of Chapter 33. What happens? Why is this the climax and not a later event?
7. In Chapter 22, Brennan visits her friend in the sociology department, Red Skyler. She asks Red questions about cults. What characteristics does Dom have in common with a typical cult leader?
8. In Chapter 34, what is one internal conflict that Brennan faces? Describe why it is a problem for her.
9. In Chapter 28, Ryan calls Brennan. What happened to the people at the Saint Helena compound? What happened to the people in Texas? Why is this odd?
10. In Chapter 31, Kit tells that he missed a message from Harry. How did he miss it? What was significant about the message?
This section contains 1,326 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)