|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a light falls on Jeannotte's face in Chapter 31, what does Brennan see?
(a) A brand.
(b) A scar.
(c) White eye lashes and eyebrows.
(d) A deep gash that needs stitches.
2. What is the weather like in Chapter 31?
(a) Hot and humid.
(b) Thunderstorm conditions.
(c) Blizzard conditions.
(d) Cool and dry.
3. Why does Brennan wake up suddenly in Chapter 21?
(a) The phone rang.
(b) Someone touched her.
(c) She sensed a threat.
(d) Her cat jumped on her.
4. In Chapter 22, who does Brennan visit?
5. In Chapter 34, who reveals his/herself as the leader of the cult?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the victim work at McGill University?
2. What does Ryan tell Brennan to do when they get to the compound?
3. In Chapter 35, which of Brennan's two homes is she staying in for the summer?
4. In Chapter 31, where does Brennan find Jeannotte?
5. What does Brennan decide to do at the end of Chapter 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 25, Kathryn shows up at Brennan's door. What does she say was Heidi's motivation for leaving the commune?
2. What makes Brennan believe that Anna Goyette was the second Murtry Island victim? Use Chapters 25 and 26 to help form your answer.
3. In Chapter 34, what does Brennan tell Elle that makes Elle angry?
4. In Chapter 28, Ryan calls Brennan. What happened to the people at the Saint Helena compound? What happened to the people in Texas? Why is this odd?
5. In Chapter 35, Ryan stays Brennan while healing and loose ends are tied up. What loose ends are resolved? Give at least two examples.
6. In Chapter 20, Kathryn is missing from the group when Ryan and Brennan go to question individuals. Why does Dom say she is absent? What may be the real reason for her disappearance?
7. In Chapter 23, Ryan calls Brennan to tell her about the owner of the Saint Helena property. Who owns it? What other property does this person own? What might this mean?
8. In Chapter 34, what is one internal conflict that Brennan faces? Describe why it is a problem for her.
9. In Chapter 24, there are now three pieces of evidence to tie the Murtry Island victims to the St-Jovite victims. What are they? Why might this be significant?
10. In Chapter 27, why is Kit worried about Harry?
This section contains 1,256 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)