|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 28, Ryan tells Brennan that he found what when he raided the Saint Helena compound?
(a) Journal detailing the suicide plan.
(b) Letters saying goodbye to loved ones.
(c) A gun matches the murder weapon in St-Jovite.
(d) That everyone left.
2. What commercially packaged awareness programs typically interested in?
(a) Mass suicides.
(d) Helping others.
3. Who is dead and nearby when Brennan wakes up in Chapter 34?
4. In Chapter 35, Brennan tells why Jeannotte went to the compound. What was the reason?
(a) To protect her students.
(b) To protect her reputation.
(c) To organize the faithful.
(d) To help her brother.
5. In Chapter 28, what is another link Brennan believes exists among the murder victims?
(a) They were religious.
(b) Many were students.
(c) They were kidnapped.
(d) All were depressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 29, Brennan and Ryan know what about the mystery leader who commands the Saint Helena and Texas compounds?
2. In Chapter 27, who disappears without saying goodbye?
3. Who shows up during a storm at the end of Chapter 24?
4. What does the note in Chapter 21 say?
5. The second body from Murtry Island is identified in Chapter 30. Who is it?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 19, Kathryn talks about what the group she belongs to does. What does she say that reminds her of Harry? Is it significant?
2. In Chapter 28, Ryan calls Brennan. What happened to the people at the Saint Helena compound? What happened to the people in Texas? Why is this odd?
3. What makes Brennan believe that Anna Goyette was the second Murtry Island victim? Use Chapters 25 and 26 to help form your answer.
4. What is the mood in the beginning of Chapter 33? Give details to support your response.
5. In Chapter 20, Kathryn is missing from the group when Ryan and Brennan go to question individuals. Why does Dom say she is absent? What may be the real reason for her disappearance?
6. In Chapter 35, Ryan stays Brennan while healing and loose ends are tied up. What loose ends are resolved? Give at least two examples.
7. In Chapter 26, what are the three things that have probably set off Dom Owens' cult into a violent phase? Who tells Brennan this?
8. In Chapter 21, what is the main suspenseful event? What does Brennan say or do that heightens the suspense?
9. In Chapter 31, Jeannotte visits Brennan. What is the tone in the conversation? Why does Brennan believe Jeannotte is involved with the cult?
10. What is the anti-climactic event that happens in Chapter 24? Why is it anti-climatic?
This section contains 1,270 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)