|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Brennan call when she sees Ryan go down?
(d) She does not call out a name.
2. What detail does Brennan give Ryan in Chapter 26 that might help him get a warrant to search the Saint Helena commune?
(a) Owens is holding Carlie against Kathryn's will.
(b) Jennifer Cannon was arguing with Dom before she disappeared.
(c) Harry called Kit from there to ask for help.
(d) Anna Goyette had tried to call Dr. Jeannotte from the office phone.
3. What were the victims from Murtry Island drugged with?
4. Who is Kathryn worried about dying?
5. Who is Dr. Lou West?
(a) Brennan's bug guy.
(b) An ex-boyfriend.
(c) The sociology professor.
(d) The local coroner.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 23, what does Ryan learn St-Jovite has in common with the Saint Helena property?
2. Whose autopsy report does Brennan read in Chapter 27?
3. In Chapter 35, Brennan tells why Jeannotte went to the compound. What was the reason?
4. What is another reason a cult leader may turn violent, according to Red in Chapter 26?
5. Where do commercially packaged awareness programs sometimes recruit new members?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 24, there are now three pieces of evidence to tie the Murtry Island victims to the St-Jovite victims. What are they? Why might this be significant?
2. What makes Brennan believe that Anna Goyette was the second Murtry Island victim? Use Chapters 25 and 26 to help form your answer.
3. In Chapter 35, Brennan finally reveals the mystery of the Elisabeth Nicolet bones. What was the mystery? Why might it be a problem?
4. In Chapter 30, how does Anna know Amalie Provencher? What was their relationship?
5. In Chapter 29, why does Ryan think Kathryn is an unreliable source?
6. In Chapter 34, what is one internal conflict that Brennan faces? Describe why it is a problem for her.
7. What does Red tell Brennan about cults in Chapter 28 that worries her?
8. In Chapter 32, the author reveals more of Ryan's personality or character traits. What kind of person is Ryan? What does he value? Use details from the novel to support your assertions.
9. In Chapter 32, Ryan updates Brennan on the case. How did the cult members avoid the police?
10. In Chapter 34, what does Brennan tell Elle that makes Elle angry?
This section contains 1,288 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)