|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brennan wake up suddenly in Chapter 21?
(a) The phone rang.
(b) She sensed a threat.
(c) Her cat jumped on her.
(d) Someone touched her.
2. According to Dr. West, the bodies found on Murtry Island had been dead for how long?
(a) 1 to 2 weeks.
(b) 48 hours.
(c) 2 to 3 months.
(d) 3 to 4 weeks.
3. In Chapter 28, Ryan tells Brennan that he found what when he raided the Saint Helena compound?
(a) Journal detailing the suicide plan.
(b) That everyone left.
(c) A gun matches the murder weapon in St-Jovite.
(d) Letters saying goodbye to loved ones.
4. Why does the leader have Harry against her will?
(a) To show the others how they will die.
(b) The leader needs a certain number of people.
(c) The leader needs a sacrificial lamb.
(d) Harry was used to get at Brennan.
5. In Chapter 34, in what location does Brennan wake up?
(a) Dungeon cell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do commercially packaged awareness programs sometimes recruit new members?
2. What does Ryan tell Brennan that leaves her in shock at the end of Chapter 20?
3. In Chapter 32, in what condition are Kathryn and Carlie?
4. In Chapter 28, when asked if he knows Daisy Jeannotte, what does Red tell Brennan?
5. Whose autopsy report does Brennan read in Chapter 27?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 19, Kathryn talks about what the group she belongs to does. What does she say that reminds her of Harry? Is it significant?
2. Kathryn gives Brennan more information to connect St-Jovite to the Saint Helena commune in Chapter 25. What does she tell Brennan that shows this connection?
3. What makes Brennan believe that Anna Goyette was the second Murtry Island victim? Use Chapters 25 and 26 to help form your answer.
4. In Chapter 27, why is Kit worried about Harry?
5. In Chapter 30, how does Anna know Amalie Provencher? What was their relationship?
6. In Chapter 26, what are the three things that have probably set off Dom Owens' cult into a violent phase? Who tells Brennan this?
7. In Chapter 31, Jeannotte visits Brennan. What is the tone in the conversation? Why does Brennan believe Jeannotte is involved with the cult?
8. In Chapter 20, Kathryn is missing from the group when Ryan and Brennan go to question individuals. Why does Dom say she is absent? What may be the real reason for her disappearance?
9. In Chapter 28, Ryan calls Brennan. What happened to the people at the Saint Helena compound? What happened to the people in Texas? Why is this odd?
10. In Chapter 34, what does Brennan tell Elle that makes Elle angry?
This section contains 1,333 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)