|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nickname of Harry's son?
2. How does Brennan know the names of the two younger victims in Chapter 7?
(a) Fingerprints matched in the database.
(b) She knew them personally.
(c) Tags inside the clothes have names on them.
(d) They wore bracelets with their names on them.
3. What was the reason given for Brennan being attacked at the end of Chapter 11?
(b) A warning.
(c) An attempted murder.
(d) A mugging.
4. Who watches Brennan work in Chapter 1?
5. Who finds the body on Murtry Island?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Brennan doubt that the two bodies from Murtry Island have anything to do with drugs?
2. In her report about the St -Jovite victim, what does Brennan conclude killed the victim?
3. What does Brennan specialize in?
4. In a conversation with the parents of the murder victims from St-Jovite, Ryan learns that a man came to see the parents of the twins shortly after they were born. What does the grandfather compare him to?
5. What evidence makes Brennan believe that she has the bones of Sister Elisabeth Nicolet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of procedure does Brennan have to do on the murdered infants bodies in Chapter 7? Describe the procedure. Why does she need to do this?
2. In Chapter 12, why does Monsieur Claudel think the woman he found dead is Anna Goyette and still think so after Brennan asks Sister Julienne? Why does Sister Julienne disagree?
3. In Chapter 17, Ryan complains about not being able to reach Sheriff Baker. What is ironic about this? Explain.
4. In Chapter 16, Sam wants Brennan to do something for him. Why her? And why does Brennan not want to do it?
5. In Chapter 6, Dr. Brennan visits Dr. Jeannotte to find out if she can help her find information about Elisabeth Nicolet's birth. At the end of the conversation, Jeannotte asks Brennan if she believes in God and Brennan replies that she does not always believe in the next day. What does this dialogue reveal about Jeannotte? About Brennan?
6. What happens when Brennan asks Jeannotte if Anna participates in a Satanic cult?
7. While waiting to go into the basement to look at some remains, Brennan finds the fireman offensive. What does he say and do that makes her uncomfortable? What does this tell you about the type of world Brennan works in?
8. What point of view is the novel written in and what does the reader learn about the narrator as a result? Give specifics from the novel.
9. What evidence in Chapter 2 makes Brennan worry about finding children in St-Jovite?
10. In Chapters 15 through 18, Brennan becomes snippy with Ryan. What is the probable cause of her wish to not see Ryan and her rude behavior when speaking with him?
This section contains 1,579 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)