|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brennan always work in the summer?
(b) North Carolina.
(c) Washington D.C.
2. Why does Brennan go back to Jeannotte's office in Chapter 8?
(a) They are going to have tea.
(b) Jeannotte remembered a mutual friend.
(c) Jeannotte has reading material for her.
(d) They are working on a project together.
3. What does Brennan find unsettling about Dr. Jeannotte?
(a) Her unusually pale eyes.
(b) Her tightly braided hair.
(c) Her laugh is forced.
(d) She is unusually large.
4. What does Ryan do in Chapter 10 that annoys Brennan?
(a) Brings up personal information in front of her guest.
(b) Breaks a picture on her desk.
(c) Works too slowly on the case.
(d) Speaks with a southern accent.
5. What is the main subject matter of the lecture Jeannotte gives Brennan in Chapter 9?
(a) Proper handling of rare materials.
(b) The Nicolet family.
(c) Satan myths.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wat does the dialogue between Brennan and Katy in Chapter 17 tell the reader?
2. Ryan comes to Brennan's office in Chapter 10, what does he do when he arrives?
3. Why does Brennan collect bugs while exhuming the bodies?
4. Where does Brennan stay while in Beaufort?
5. How many propane tanks were meant to blow up the house in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 18, Brennan and Ryan find a commune on Saint Helena Island. What is suspicious about the behavior they encounter? Give examples.
2. What type of person is Brennan? How do you know?
3. What type of person is Sandy O'Reilly? Is she a reliable character? Give evidence to support your assertions.
4. What suspenseful event happens at the end of Chapter 11? What might it foreshadow? Was there anything that foreshadowed this happening? If so, what?
5. In Chapter 15, Sam Rayburn is introduced. Who is he? What does he do? What is he like?
6. The death of the infants in Chapter 7 reveals emotions in all of the characters involved in the case. Brennan also feels strongly about it. How does she explain her emotions?
7. What do the events in Chapters 16 and 17 reveal about Brennan's character?
8. In Chapter 5, Brennan is shocked when she sees the skull of Elisabeth Nicolet, but she does not indicate why. Why does Kathy Reich withhold this information? What is the effect? And what might be the problem based on Brennan's questions to the priest?
9. In Chapters 15 through 18, Brennan becomes snippy with Ryan. What is the probable cause of her wish to not see Ryan and her rude behavior when speaking with him?
10. In Chapter 12, why does Monsieur Claudel think the woman he found dead is Anna Goyette and still think so after Brennan asks Sister Julienne? Why does Sister Julienne disagree?
This section contains 1,544 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)