|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the woman in Chapter 18 who lets Brennan, Ryan, and Baker into the main house, why is it doubtful that phone calls were made from St-Jovite to their group?
(a) The phone is disconnected.
(b) They have restrictions for telephone use.
(c) They never had a phone.
(d) They believe phones are evil.
2. In Chapter 11, what kind of jargon does Harry use on Brennan to avoid being specific about the program she is in?
3. Why does Brennan collect bugs while exhuming the bodies?
(a) They will help identify the killer.
(b) She collects them.
(c) She knows someone who collects them.
(d) They help establish time of death.
4. Why does Ryan go to Beaufort in Chapter 14?
(a) For vacation.
(b) To investigate the phone calls made from St-Jovite.
(c) To pick up a suspect arrested by local authorities.
(d) To seduce Brennan.
5. What does the toxicology report show was in the upstairs victims from St-Jovite?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of school did Harry and Brennan attend as children?
2. Wat does the dialogue between Brennan and Katy in Chapter 17 tell the reader?
3. Ryan comes to Brennan's office in Chapter 10, what does he do when he arrives?
4. What occasion causes everyone to go to Hurley's in Chapter 11?
5. Why does Brennan go back to Jeannotte's office in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Chapter 3 introduces Detective Ryan. What type of relationship do Ryan and Brennan have?
2. In Chapter 6, Dr. Brennan visits Dr. Jeannotte to find out if she can help her find information about Elisabeth Nicolet's birth. At the end of the conversation, Jeannotte asks Brennan if she believes in God and Brennan replies that she does not always believe in the next day. What does this dialogue reveal about Jeannotte? About Brennan?
3. The death of the infants in Chapter 7 reveals emotions in all of the characters involved in the case. Brennan also feels strongly about it. How does she explain her emotions?
4. What type of procedure does Brennan have to do on the murdered infants bodies in Chapter 7? Describe the procedure. Why does she need to do this?
5. What type of person is Brennan? How do you know?
6. Kathy Reichs uses jargon to help create credibility for her character's professions. Which characters use jargon and why?
7. In Chapter 5, Brennan is shocked when she sees the skull of Elisabeth Nicolet, but she does not indicate why. Why does Kathy Reich withhold this information? What is the effect? And what might be the problem based on Brennan's questions to the priest?
8. What suspenseful event happens at the end of Chapter 15 ? What makes it suspenseful? What does it lead to in Chapter 16?
9. In Chapter 18, Brennan and Ryan find a commune on Saint Helena Island. What is suspicious about the behavior they encounter? Give examples.
10. In Chapter 6, Brennan meets Dr. Jeannotte's teaching assistant. Describe the teaching assistant based on Brennan's observations and conversation with her.
This section contains 1,608 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)