|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, the doctor refuses to give Ryan some information. How does Ryan get the doctor to help?
(a) He faxes her the autopsy photo.
(b) He threatens her with a subpeona.
(c) He asks nicely.
(d) He describes the murder in detail.
2. What two languages are spoken throughout the novel?
(a) French and Spanish.
(b) Spanish and English.
(c) Italian and English.
(d) French and English.
3. In Chapter 1, what causes the stain Brennan finds in the soil?
(b) Decomposing wood.
(c) Fermented wine.
(d) Decomposing berries.
4. In Chapter 6, what does Brennan put off doing?
(a) Packing for her trip home.
(b) Submitting her report on the Pelletier baby.
(c) Submitting her report on Sister Elisabeth Nicolet.
(d) Calling her sister.
5. How many propane tanks were meant to blow up the house in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Monsieur Hubert look like?
2. What is the main subject matter of the lecture Jeannotte gives Brennan in Chapter 9?
3. Who is the leader of the commune found in Chapter 18?
4. In Chapter 12, why does Claudel call Brennan.
5. In Chapter 11, what kind of jargon does Harry use on Brennan to avoid being specific about the program she is in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about Dr. Jeannotte telling Dr. Brennan that evil people don't exist and that "the myth continues, even here in Montreal, only now there's a new bogeyman practicing ritual child killing" (113)?
2. What suspenseful event happens at the end of Chapter 11? What might it foreshadow? Was there anything that foreshadowed this happening? If so, what?
3. What happens when Brennan asks Jeannotte if Anna participates in a Satanic cult?
4. By the end of Chapter 4, Temperance Brennan is already working on two cases. What are the two cases and why was she asked to take them?
5. What evidence in Chapter 2 makes Brennan worry about finding children in St-Jovite?
6. Chapter 3 introduces Detective Ryan. What type of relationship do Ryan and Brennan have?
7. In Chapter 13, what types of things does Brennan do to establish boundaries between her ex-husband and herself?
8. In Chapter 6, Brennan meets Dr. Jeannotte's teaching assistant. Describe the teaching assistant based on Brennan's observations and conversation with her.
9. In Chapter 15, Sam Rayburn is introduced. Who is he? What does he do? What is he like?
10. In Chapter 14, Brennan resists helping Ryan, but ends up agreeing to meet with him. What were her reasons? Give more than one.
This section contains 1,309 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)