|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kathryn's response when told that Heidi is dead?
2. Who is Carlie?
(a) Kathryn's boyfriend.
(b) The leader of the community.
(c) The leader's bodyguard.
(d) Kathryn's son.
3. Why, according to the cult leader, were the twin infants meant to die?
(a) They were evil in duplicate.
(b) They were sent ahead to prepare the way.
(c) They insulted the leader.
(d) One of the parents were supposed to procreate with the leader instead.
4. What does measuring the distance between two holes on the bones show Brennan in Chapter 27?
(a) It proves that they were made by a larger animal.
(b) It reaffirms that scavengers made the markings.
(c) It shows that the victim was dropped on something sharp.
(d) It shows that Brennan missed something.
5. In Chapter 28, Ryan tells Brennan that he found what when he raided the Saint Helena compound?
(a) Journal detailing the suicide plan.
(b) A gun matches the murder weapon in St-Jovite.
(c) Letters saying goodbye to loved ones.
(d) That everyone left.
6. Brennan tells someone about the dream she had, and they tell her the quote she dreamed was from what author?
7. In Chapter 32, in what condition are Kathryn and Carlie?
8. What type of leader usually develops a cult following?
9. In Chapter 28, when asked if he knows Daisy Jeannotte, what does Red tell Brennan?
(a) Jeannotte is a cult leader.
(b) Jeannotte was at the center of a contoversy years ago.
(c) Jeannotte is deadly.
(d) Students venerated Jeannotte and acted inappropriately.
10. According to Dr. West, the bodies found on Murtry Island had been dead for how long?
(a) 48 hours.
(b) 1 to 2 weeks.
(c) 3 to 4 weeks.
(d) 2 to 3 months.
11. Where does Brennan want to go at the end of Chapter 32?
(a) To the convent.
(b) To get a drink at Hurleys.
(c) To speak with Jeannotte.
(d) To speak with Anna.
12. What happened to Brennan in Montreal over a year ago?
(a) A killer broke into her home.
(b) Someone started a fire in her condo.
(c) Her car was stolen.
(d) She was mugged.
13. What does Ryan want in return for helping Brennan in Chapter 33?
(a) A new car.
(b) A cup of coffee and a bag of doughnuts.
(c) He wants to do things his way or not at all.
(d) A date when everything is over.
14. Where did the cult go to perform the mass suicide?
(b) Sugar Land.
(c) Ange Gardien.
(d) Lac Memphramogog.
15. Who is dead and nearby when Brennan wakes up in Chapter 34?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 35, Brennan tells why Jeannotte went to the compound. What was the reason?
2. What reason does Kit give for missing his mother's message about being held against her will?
3. In Chapter 35, who stays with Brennan for a while?
4. What is the name of the class that Harry joined?
5. What do the journals found at the Saint Helena and Texas compounds say the group is going to do?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)