|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does measuring the distance between two holes on the bones show Brennan in Chapter 27?
(a) It reaffirms that scavengers made the markings.
(b) It shows that Brennan missed something.
(c) It proves that they were made by a larger animal.
(d) It shows that the victim was dropped on something sharp.
2. How does Ryan get Dom's fingerprints?
(a) He takes a peice of paper Dom was holding.
(b) He arrests Dom.
(c) He purposefully drops a set of keys.
(d) He gives Dom a drink and keeps the glass.
3. In Chapter 32, a letter is found promising more followers. How was the cult recruiting people to meet their quota?
(a) By kidnapping.
(b) Through the local college counseling office.
(c) Through the Inner Life Empowerment program.
(d) By drugging people.
4. In Chapter 31, where does Brennan find Jeannotte?
(a) In her chair in her office.
(b) In the museum with Anna.
(c) On the ground in front of her building.
(d) At the farm.
5. What is the name of the class that Harry joined?
(a) Inner Life Empowerment.
(b) Sociology Today.
(c) Transcending Life.
(d) The Inner Voyage.
6. What does Ryan want in return for helping Brennan in Chapter 33?
(a) He wants to do things his way or not at all.
(b) A cup of coffee and a bag of doughnuts.
(c) A new car.
(d) A date when everything is over.
7. What are two factors that connect the Murtry Island murders to St-Jovite?
(a) Rohypnol and drug trafficking.
(b) Guillion and time of death.
(c) Kathryn and Anna Goyette.
(d) Prostitutes and preachers.
8. According to Dr. West, the bodies found on Murtry Island had been dead for how long?
(a) 48 hours.
(b) 1 to 2 weeks.
(c) 2 to 3 months.
(d) 3 to 4 weeks.
9. Where does Brennan put her card to give it to Kathryn?
(a) In Kathryn's bag.
(b) In the lid to Carlie's cup.
(c) In Kathryn's hand when no one is looking.
(d) In Kathryn's pocket.
10. What does Brennan find in her kitchen?
(a) Cinderblocks and a dead cat.
(b) Birdie at his food bowl.
(c) A rock and a note.
(d) A stranger sitting at her table.
11. According to Dr. Skyler in Chapter 22, what is the definition of a cult?
(a) Crazy people following weird leaders.
(b) A group that acts like a family.
(c) Organizations with a set of common features.
(d) Strong personalities organizing weaker personalities to do their will.
12. The second body from Murtry Island is identified in Chapter 30. Who is it?
(a) Sandy O'Reilly.
(b) Harriet Lamour.
(c) Daisy Jeannotte.
(d) Amalie Provencher.
13. What happened to Brennan in Montreal over a year ago?
(a) Her car was stolen.
(b) She was mugged.
(c) A killer broke into her home.
(d) Someone started a fire in her condo.
14. In Chapter 32, in what condition are Kathryn and Carlie?
15. In Chapter 34, in what location does Brennan wake up?
(b) Dungeon cell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the journals found at the Saint Helena and Texas compounds say the group is going to do?
2. In Chapter 23, what does Ryan learn St-Jovite has in common with the Saint Helena property?
3. What does Kit find out about the Inner Life Empowerment program in Chapter 28?
4. Who is Dr. Lou West?
5. Where did the victim work at McGill University?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)