|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brennan do to clear her head in Chapter 28?
2. What were the victims from Murtry Island drugged with?
3. What are two factors that connect the Murtry Island murders to St-Jovite?
(a) Kathryn and Anna Goyette.
(b) Rohypnol and drug trafficking.
(c) Prostitutes and preachers.
(d) Guillion and time of death.
4. What detail does Brennan give Ryan in Chapter 26 that might help him get a warrant to search the Saint Helena commune?
(a) Owens is holding Carlie against Kathryn's will.
(b) Harry called Kit from there to ask for help.
(c) Jennifer Cannon was arguing with Dom before she disappeared.
(d) Anna Goyette had tried to call Dr. Jeannotte from the office phone.
5. What does Brennan discover in Chapter 29 about the parents of Elisabeth Nicolet?
(a) Her mother was not Elisabeth.
(b) Her father could not have been Alain.
(c) Her parents were both French.
(d) She was adopted in Europe.
6. Who does Brennan think were the parents of Elisabeth Nicolet?
(a) Carole Belanger and Alain Nicolet.
(b) Alain Nicolet and the maid.
(c) Eugenie Nicolet and Alain Nicolet.
(d) Eugenie Nicolet and Abo Gabassa.
7. In Chapter 28, when asked if he knows Daisy Jeannotte, what does Red tell Brennan?
(a) Jeannotte is a cult leader.
(b) Jeannotte is deadly.
(c) Jeannotte was at the center of a contoversy years ago.
(d) Students venerated Jeannotte and acted inappropriately.
8. In Chapter 20, who is missing from the commune when Brennan and Ryan return?
9. What does Brennan's cat like to chew on?
10. Why, according to the cult leader, were the twin infants meant to die?
(a) They were sent ahead to prepare the way.
(b) They insulted the leader.
(c) One of the parents were supposed to procreate with the leader instead.
(d) They were evil in duplicate.
11. What does Ryan tell Brennan that leaves her in shock at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) He likes her and will try to be with her again.
(b) He wants her to drop the case for her protection.
(c) He knows who committed the murders.
(d) He will not work with her again after this case.
12. In Chapter 25, what does Brennan plan to do at home?
(a) Review the autopsy report for Jennifer Cannon.
(b) Call Harry.
(c) Watch a movie with Katy.
(d) Speak with Ryan about their romantic encounter.
13. In Chapter 34, who reveals his/herself as the leader of the cult?
14. Where was Jennifer Cannon last seen alive?
(c) North Harris County Community College.
(d) McGill University.
15. What does Ryan tell Brennan to do when they get to the compound?
(a) Back him up.
(b) Wait in the car.
(c) Search the left while he searches right.
(d) Call for help.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 28, what is another link Brennan believes exists among the murder victims?
2. What does Kit find out about the Inner Life Empowerment program in Chapter 28?
3. In Chapter 23, what does Ryan learn St-Jovite has in common with the Saint Helena property?
4. In Chapter 25, who does Kathryn see as a father, counselor, and teacher?
5. In Chapter 25, Kathryn tells that Dom does not believe in what?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)