|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of emotion does Brennan describe herself as having at the end of Chapter 4?
2. Brennan's friend Mitch describes Dr. Jeannotte as the Professor of Religious Studies and what?
(a) Professor of History.
(b) The students' best friend.
(c) A brilliant hostess.
(d) An ntimidating religious leader.
3. Why type of personality does Harry have?
4. What is the setting in the opening scene of the book?
(a) A burnt down house.
(b) A mortuary.
(c) A convent.
(d) A playground.
5. Who is the leader of the commune found in Chapter 18?
6. How old were the infants in Chapter 7?
(b) Four months old.
(c) Eleven months old.
(d) Two months old.
7. What does Brennan find strange about the victims in Chapter 2?
(a) They are face down.
(b) They are fully clothed in bed.
(c) They are holding hands.
(d) Both have their arms crossed.
8. How many propane tanks were meant to blow up the house in Chapter 3?
9. How many confirmed dead are in Chapter 2?
10. Who does Sam think is responsible for the bodies found on Murtry Island?
(a) Drug runners.
(b) One of his crew.
11. Why are people not allowed on Murtry Island without Sam's approval?
(a) People may give the monkey's tuberculosis.
(b) Sam does not like people.
(c) Sam does not want the island to become part of drug trafficking.
(d) The military conducts top secret tests on the island.
12. Why are the detectives having difficulty finding out who lived in the house that burned down?
(a) The landlord lives in Europe.
(b) They were not liked by the neighbors.
(c) The people who died were trespassers.
(d) It had been abandoned for years.
13. Why does Brennan go back to Jeannotte's office in Chapter 8?
(a) Jeannotte has reading material for her.
(b) They are going to have tea.
(c) Jeannotte remembered a mutual friend.
(d) They are working on a project together.
14. In Chapter 14, the doctor refuses to give Ryan some information. How does Ryan get the doctor to help?
(a) He asks nicely.
(b) He threatens her with a subpeona.
(c) He describes the murder in detail.
(d) He faxes her the autopsy photo.
15. Who is Bird to Brennan?
(a) Her cat.
(b) Her pet bird.
(c) A crazy aunt.
(d) Her ex-husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sister Julienne look for in Chapter 8?
2. What object causes Brennan to do more research into Sister Elisabeth Nicolet?
3. In Chapter 9, what does Jeannotte give Brennan?
4. In Chapter 3, who brings Brennan coffee and a sandwich while she is in the basement?
5. Where does Brennan always work in the summer?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)