1. What is the setting in the opening scene of the book?
(a) A playground.
(b) A convent.
(c) A mortuary.
(d) A burnt down house.
2. Who watches Brennan work in Chapter 1?
3. What type of work does Brennan do?
4. Why does Brennan have difficulty finding the grave in Chapter 1?
(a) It does not exist.
(b) It is in the wrong place.
(c) The tombstone was stolen.
(d) It is on top of another grave.
5. In Chapter 1, what causes the stain Brennan finds in the soil?
(a) Decomposing berries.
(b) Fermented wine.
(d) Decomposing wood.
6. Who calls Brennan at three in the morning at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) Father Menard.
(b) Pierre LaManche.
(c) Her father.
(d) Sister Julienne
7. What weather does Brennan prefer?
8. Where does Brennan always work in the summer?
(a) Washington D.C.
(d) North Carolina.
9. How many confirmed dead are in Chapter 2?
This section contains 4,447 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)