• Temperance Brennan, the narrator, struggles to find the remains of Sister Elisabeth Nicolet.
• An old nun, Sister Bernard, informs Brennan that she is digging in the wrong place.
• Sister Bernard shows Brennan where the bones were moved.
• Brennan finds the coffin and exhumes it.
• Brennan receives a phone call when she gets home, explaining that they need her expertise for a case involving a fire.
• Brennan meets her boss, Pierre LaManche, early in the morning to drive to the site of the fire.
• Hubert, the coroner, tells Brennan and LaManche there are two confirmed dead.
• Brennan and LaManche look at the burned remains and make a report.
• Brennan is told she needs to go to the basement.
• A fireman makes sexist remarks about Brennan's presence at the scene and will not let her down to the basement.
• When finally allowed in the basement...
This section contains 2,631 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)